Red Card Yesterday

I've watched the incident a few times now and can see why he was sent off.

Brad is running towards the defender and throws himself into him.There is absolutely no contact to make him fall,the defender is static and Brad throws himself into him.

Take the Black and White specs off,watch again and tell me what it is that causes Brad to go down.Maybe he tripped over a blade of grass.:rolleyes:

Edited by HSS

9 minutes ago, HSS said:

Brad is running towards the defender and throws himself into him.There is absolutely no contact to make him fall,the defender is backing off.

Take the Black and White specs off,watch again and tell me what it is that causes Brad to go down.Maybe he tripped over a blade of grass.:rolleyes:

Unfortunately I was unable to make it to the game, problems that cometh with age.

Anyway I managed to watch the game on an illegal firestick in a social club that I shall not name.  It is a very short walk from my house and has no stairs so that I could do...good news is I shall be fit for our next match!!!!  The illegal firestick need not be deployed on my behalf again and I anticipate it shall be used for old firm games and blue movies in future as I wont be requesting its use.

First time I had ever watched St Mirren TV.  Now to get to the point...........the quality was bloody awful, the constant shaking of the camera and distortion of the out of focus images started to make my head hurt.  You could not tell who the players were and if the ball moved quickly you actually missed  some of the action.  

So after all that......I am still to get to the point so....the images were so poor that you could not see the incident in sufficient detail.  I was left wondering why a player would dive so far from goal but I could make out that the referee was in a good position.  I was not even sure who the player was!!  Still a pretty weak sending off though, the referee could easily have given him a warning in lieu of either of the cards.    Strange watching an incident on TV and being somewhat less informed by those who attended the game. 

Brad is running towards the defender and throws himself into him.There is absolutely no contact to make him fall,the defender is static and Brad throws himself into him.

There is contact as the Alloa defender steps into his path it’s a foul as brad does not have to make an attempt to run around the defender when the defender has already made a move to block his path.

Does he fall down too easy absolutely but it’s still a foul for obstruction therefore not a yellow for diving.

What causes players to go down when probably about 70% of the time the can stay on there feet is the refs then don’t give the fouls.

There were loads of incidents yesterday from both defences when the slightest of touch they fall down and it’s an easy foul for the ref to give as its away at the oppositions goal.

Simone got booked just after one for throwing his arm up in disgust at the foul being given but no yellow for the defender for going down too easy.

I think Ethan done the same for us at the back went down very easy to win a foul no booking for him going down too easy.

1 minute ago, buddies1877 said:

There is contact as the Alloa defender steps into his path it’s a foul as brad does not have to make an attempt to run around the defender when the defender has already made a move to block his path.

Does he fall down too easy absolutely but it’s still a foul for obstruction therefore not a yellow for diving.

I've just watched it again in case I have it wrong.There's no contact until Brad collided with the defender.

It's a really close one and I've watched it about a dozen times now.There is no foul committed by the defender.

1 minute ago, buddies1877 said:

Can clearly see in slow mo reply If you watch the Alloa defender left shoulder is furthest forward as he faces up Lyons as they get closer he moves his right side into Lyons trying to obstruct him.

Agree with that but Brad goes down before there is any contact.

Its never a red card and will probably be overturned.

Lets just remember that the ref gets one split second look at it and from his angle he has interpreted it as a dive. 

He'll probably look at it again with the 20 views we all have of it  and come to the conclusion that he made an error.

Don Robertson is an very good referee who like all refs makes error now an again, we really need to move on from the constant hounding of officials, VAR will hopefully help a lot of this stuff

3 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Its never a red card and will probably be overturned.

Lets just remember that the ref gets one split second look at it and from his angle he has interpreted it as a dive. 

He'll probably look at it again with the 20 views we all have of it  and come to the conclusion that he made an error.

Don Robertson is an very good referee who like all refs makes error now an again, we really need to move on from the constant hounding of officials, VAR will hopefully help a lot of this stuff

He never made an error it was a dive all day long. 

Agree with that but Brad goes down before there is any contact.

It’s still obstruction from the Alloa player doesn’t matter if he anticipated the contact and falls down too easy.

He prob could have just took the hit from the defender stayed on his feet and got the free kick but as I said it happens loads in games when players are fouled yet go to ground far too easy to make sure they get the foul from the refs they don’t get booked for doing so.

If people got booked every time when they could have stayed on their feet for simulation then games would be getting abandoned every week.

59 minutes ago, HSS said:

Don't agree with that mate. Lyons was trying to go round the right hand side of the defender. Before Lyons can do that both him and the defender collide TV shows both players had contact with each other.. Lyons did not dive.