Red Card Yesterday

I’ve watched the incident a few times myself now. Initially I agreed with HSS but the more I watch it, I’ve changed my mind.

To me, Lyons is anticipating the obstruction which is why is starts to fly into the defender before contact is made.

I think this is a natural split second reaction. The defender makes no attempt for the ball.

So, for me, it’s not a dive and a foul to Saints for obstruction.

3 hours ago, HSS said:

I've just watched it again in case I have it wrong.There's no contact until Brad collided with the defender.

It's a really close one and I've watched it about a dozen times now.There is no foul committed by the defender.

Yes there is :lol:

The defender is running backwards. He stops, then moves to his right to check Lyons' run.

It's a foul every day of the week.

I hope we appeal it.

1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

I’ve watched the incident a few times myself now. Initially I agreed with HSS but the more I watch it, I’ve changed my mind.

To me, Lyons is anticipating the obstruction which is why is starts to fly into the defender before contact is made.

I think this is a natural split second reaction. The defender makes no attempt for the ball.

So, for me, it’s not a dive and a foul to Saints for obstruction.

Difficult one but ultimately I too go with a (very soft )foul for obstruction by Graham. Hands in the air doesn't remove your body from obstructing Lyons. Did Lyons dive or move to avoid a potentially damaging collision? I go with the latter but tough for the ref.

Difficult one but ultimately I too go with a (very soft )foul for obstruction by Graham. Hands in the air doesn't remove your body from obstructing Lyons. Did Lyons dive or move to avoid a potentially damaging collision? I go with the latter but tough for the ref.

Lyons is defo jumping in the air before he reaches the defender.

But, for me, this is a natural split second reaction to an impending collision.

The ref got it wrong IMO.

3 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Lyons is defo jumping in the air before he reaches the defender.

But, for me, this is a natural split second reaction to an impending collision.

The ref got it wrong IMO.

Spot on the defender is rightly trying to break play defender decision. For me obstruction. What is annoying the ref called it wrong which could be a game changer. With the ref in full view is unacceptable. Not saying the ref is trying to cheat us. It was a poor decision that should be appealed.  

4 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

Can clearly see in slow mo reply If you watch the Alloa defender left shoulder is furthest forward as he faces up Lyons as they get closer he moves his right side into Lyons trying to obstruct him.

Really?

what i, and i am sure anyone trying at least to be objective is the Alloa player simply standing his ground, not moving towards Lyons. And then Lyons running into him, them throwing himself in the air. It looks even more of a dive in slo-mo.

No point appealing it was a dive he clearly throws himself in front of the Alloa player in anticipation of getting tackled hate to say it but the referee got it right on this one. 

Right it’s time you admitted you’re not a St mirren fan, we knew it all along anyway. [emoji6]

5 minutes ago, ged62 said:

Right it’s time you admitted you’re not a St mirren fan, we knew it all along anyway. emoji6.png

I am positive he is. 

Why do you think he isn't a St Mirren fan ? 

Give me as many examples as you want. 

8 minutes ago, ged62 said:

I said to my son at the game I thought it was a foul for us, I’ve watched it a few times & I still believe it was a foul for us. Again a referee out of his depth.

Exactly the same with us Ged but refs only get a split second to decide and see the incident  from one angle only. 

9 minutes ago, ged62 said:

I said to my son at the game I thought it was a foul for us, I’ve watched it a few times & I still believe it was a foul for us. Again a referee out of his depth.

What if it was a dive and you said it was a dive. Would that make you a non St Mirren fan ? 

I think it could be overturned. Lyons is going down as the Alloa player has stepped in to his path to obstruct him and the collision is coming and he's going to take a sore one if just steams straight in to the boy. On a slow motion replay you lose the reality of the situation happening at high speed. (Rugby has this problem with its VAR). The foul here is obstruction, not simulation. Should have been a Saints free kick.

He should have been sent off for the tackle he got his first yellow for though! The boy will need to screw the nut!

Edited by Kemp

28 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

You have really got to be the most boring c**t on this site.

He startit it.  SPS believes it also.

If a Saints player really dives and a Saints fan says it's a dive then that person aint a Saints fan.

Thats what Ged and SPS are saying.

It's boring but not my fault.

And you're an abusive nonentity. :lol: