Red Card Yesterday

5 hours ago, pod said:

They are  supporters for health or medical reasons that have never kicked a ball, get a lot of pleasure out of watching and supporting their club. 

Pod, I feel you are somewhat missing my point (perhaps deliberately) in order to score some completely unnecessary “PC” points. I know what I meant and I strongly suspect you do too. 

2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

From what I can see - it is very untypical of him to have been sent off . :mellow:

Especially when he shouldn't have been sent off!

Even more evident when you watch the enlarged highlighted focus in the Alloa highlights package.

16 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Pod, I feel you are somewhat missing my point (perhaps deliberately) in order to score some completely unnecessary “PC” points. I know what I meant and I strongly suspect you do too. 

Not missing your point.  Your just not making it very clear.  Not in the slighted bit interested in point scoring.  

17 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

To me, his first booking just looked like a player who was over eager to impress on his debut. Trying to hard.

I think if he was ten games into his Saints career, it's a challenge he wouldn't have made.

Correct and I'm sure he'll what to prove he's better than that. 

18 minutes ago, pod said:

Not missing your point.  Your just not making it very clear.  Not in the slighted bit interested in point scoring.  

You are being a right wee nippy sweetie today. Are you on a particularly bad period? :P

I feel my point was very clear. 

If you’ve played football and know the the rules, you’d know that was an incorrect decision.

You seemed to be saying I was suggesting that if you haven’t played the game and didn’t know the rules, then you’ve got no place at a football match, which I clearly never said. 

I merely suggested that such a person may not be in a position to be strenuously offering forceful opinion on the correctness of the decision.

All very clear I think.

16 hours ago, FTOF said:

Especially when he shouldn't have been sent off!

Even more evident when you watch the enlarged highlighted focus in the Alloa highlights package.

I fully agree with you - it is just not that easy though at speed at the time for the ref to get it right 100% of the time - our fans are split on it and they have the slow videos to view. My point is he has a record of not getting sent off very often. I suspect he will be as careful as possible for the next wee while too.   :thumbs2 

Edited by Sweeper07
missing letter n

38 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

You are being a right wee nippy sweetie today. Are you on a particularly bad period? :P

I feel my point was very clear. 

If you’ve played football and know the the rules, you’d know that was an incorrect decision.

You seemed to be saying I was suggesting that if you haven’t played the game and didn’t know the rules, then you’ve got no place at a football match, which I clearly never said. 

I merely suggested that such a person may not be in a position to be strenuously offering forceful opinion on the correctness of the decision.

That's not stopped many from going over the top with their opinions. Having and sharing opinions whether well or ill informed is what football fans do as I'm sure you will agree.

29 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Yup. That’s right Ricky. That’s why I’m stating that my opinion is that such a person has no right to put forward such a forceful opinion, if they don’t know the rules. That’s my opinion.

I vehemently uphold their right to have an opinion and for me to to tell them that their opinion (in view of not knowing the rules) is a load of pish!

Yup. That’s right Ricky. That’s why I’m stating that my opinion is that such a person has no right to put forward such a forceful opinion, if they don’t know the rules. That’s my opinion.
I vehemently uphold their right to have an opinion and for me to to tell them that their opinion (in view of not knowing the rules) is a load of pish!

Considering that make a living selling products you clearly don’t understand ( and kudos to you for being able to wing it), I think your “knowledge” on the rules of football can safely be ignored. [emoji1]

Fud.

45 minutes ago, FTOF said:

According to today's PDE we will be appealing the booking.

Good news am I right in saying he can play against Celtic now ? Edit Just read a red card in cup games do not affect league games. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint