Michael Stewart on BBC Scotland

Was rather agitated today to hear Michael Stewart appraise Oran Kearney as 'under pressure', that yesterday's win probably saved his job and his probable successor was in the opposition dugout. 

Where do so called journalists and pundits get off spouting their uninformed and uneducated nonsense? There has never been any indication whatsoever that OK's job is or was under threat. The support are more or less unanimously behind him as appear to be the players and board. His job is in no way under threat as far as I can tell nor has there been any suggestion of Jim Goodwin lining up to replace him. 

Stewart was one of the chief dissenters of Iain Cathro as well. He more or less lobbied for him to be out on his arse as soon as he got the Hearts job. You need to think what the criteria is for guys who the pundits seem to like and those they don't.

Is it an old pals act thing? Sensationalism for the sake of it? Just a stupid bellend who opens his mouth before engaging his pea brain? Or a mix of all three? 

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Was rather agitated today to hear Michael Stewart appraise Oran Kearney as 'under pressure', that yesterday's win probably saved his job and his probable successor was in the opposition dugout. 

Where do so called journalists and pundits get off spouting their uninformed and uneducated nonsense? There has never been any indication whatsoever that OK's job is or was under threat. The support are more or less unanimously behind him as appear to be the players and board. His job is in no way under threat as far as I can tell nor has there been any suggestion of Jim Goodwin lining up to replace him. 

Stewart was one of the chief dissenters of Iain Cathro as well. He more or less lobbied for him to be out on his arse as soon as he got the Hearts job. You need to think what the criteria is for guys who the pundits seem to like and those they don't.

Is it an old pals act thing? Sensationalism for the sake of it? Just a stupid bellend who opens his mouth before engaging his pea brain? Or a mix of all three? 

FFS - I love what Goodwin did for us and his passion, but his tactics yesterday in no way suggest he is a better manager than OK. They set up well, got their breaks and when it looked like they were heading through, they sat back and ran out of steam - and never even managed a replay

Michael Stewart is a twat * wants to create drama etc.   Watch OK build a squad that will do us proud in the next year or so . . :ninja

There was some walloper(other than Tam Cowan and Stuart Cosgrove) on Off the ball yesterday who said the fans were chanting Jim Goodwin's name when we were 2-0 down, which indicated that the fans wanted him in charge rather than OK.

I don't remember hearing anything along those lines at all.

12 minutes ago, FTOF said:

There was some walloper(other than Tam Cowan and Stuart Cosgrove) on Off the ball yesterday who said the fans were chanting Jim Goodwin's name when we were 2-0 down, which indicated that the fans wanted him in charge rather than OK.

To be fair 'Booooooooooooo' does sound a bit like 'Gooooooooody' 

Yeah, I wasn’t at the game but watched the scores come in on Sportscence.

Scott McDonald was dropping the same patter, and doing so as the score went to 2-2. He then proceeded to backtrack like f**k! 

Anyway, Oran is here until the end of the season if we stay up or go down. Not heard anyone at games or in the pub (I don’t take here as a barometer of reality) not willing to give him a chance.

Edited by aldo_j

37 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

The guy is paid to comment.  Doesn't mean he is right. Does it annoy me? Not one bit. People tell me that Chris Sutton does the same kind of thing. All part of the rich tapestry of football.

Maybe you have a lot in common.

36 minutes ago, pod said:

Then what happens.

Was it not said when he was appointed that he was here long term no matter what happens this season?

If we go down I think the Board see him as the man to rebuild the team.......again.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Well the Alloa fans were chanting his name, and they do want him in charge, so they almost got it right.

On the original point, I reckon OK would have been under a bit of pressure already if we went out the cup to a part time team in the game straight after giving away last year's player of the season. It's a fickle business.

4 minutes ago, HSS said:

Was it not said when he was appointed that he was here long term no matter what happens this season?

If we go down I think the Board see him as the man to rebuild the team.......again.

We are not going down.... Hamilton and Dundee can fight for survival - squad building this week to improve us further . . . :turtle

52 minutes ago, pod said:

Exactly, up or down, he needs time.

26 minutes ago, HSS said:

:thumbsup

I honestly have no idea why a person's opinion should provoke such anger in people.

What any of these pundits have to say is utterly irrelevant.

The only person with a relevant viewpoint is Gordon Scott and he is hardly going to be swayed by a couple of people who have never managed a club before. After what he has had to watch unfurl before his eyes this season, I reckon Gordon won't want to even think about a change of manager until next Christmas at the bare minimum and I am pretty certain he would give a kidney to have Oran successful enough to stay here for several years.

In order to get sacked before that I reckon Gordon would have to walk into his office and find Oran pleasuring his pet dog across his desk with the entire first team cheering him on.

Edited by oaksoft

He was talking complete shite on Sportscene last night. Tried saying we haven’t really improved under Kearney, yet it was him who brought in four free agents that improved the team, he’s changed the team around this month, and we still aren’t bottom. Most would agree we look better under OK and it’s just the lack of quality in the team that’s hindered us. I certainly think we are in a better position now than we would be under Stubbs, but then the media guys don’t follow teams properly, it’s just an outside view. 

I know Goody got his second half tactics wrong yesterday and he admitted that himself. He’s still learning, I have no doubt he will be a good manager for the future. The fact Alloa are fighting hard in a league filled with full time teams tells me he is doing a fantastic job. Our comeback started thanks to a really crap piece of goalkeeping and the good instincts of Cody - if it wasn’t for that error, we could well have been knocked out.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Perhaps Michael Stewart follows Top Cat's posts as a guest on BAWA? Over to you...

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

You weren’t sitting in W6 then......there was at least one roaster about 7 rows back doing that very thing!!

14 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Anyone from the outside looking in would think the manager is under pressure looking at our results. Stewart for me was spot on by saying Saints fans looking at the dugout seeing a former St Mirren. hero on one side leading by 2 goals the Oran on the other side losing. If that score had stayed the same at the end of the game you would have heard the boooos at Paisley cross. Could you imagine the melt down on here had we lost. It was a massive result for Oran Stewart called 100% correct.  

5 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Anyone from the outside looking in would think the manager is under pressure looking at our results. Stewart for me was spot on by saying Saints fans looking at the dugout seeing a former St Mirren. hero on one side leading by 2 goals the Oran on the other side losing. If that score had stayed the same at the end of the game you would have heard the boooos at Paisley cross. Could you imagine the melt down on here had we lost. It was a massive result for Oran Stewart called 100% correct.  

Depends in who's camp your in.

9 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Stewart was,  I think,  fair in highlighting the sub standard first half,  highlighting fans regard for Jim Goodwin and ultimately that this was a BIG result for OK and St Mirren after our comeback. His job is two fold.  One is to give his opinion without fear or favour.. Which he does.  His second is to provoke a response from those watching.  He seems to have succeeded in both.  By the way.. A lot of fans were unhappy at half time.  A number left before the end so missed the comeback.  Ultimately.. Great talking point.