St Mirren v Dundee United Cup Game

St.Ricky

1 hour ago, gstretchuk said:

Think you are becoming a bit obsessed with me, its worrying.....forgot you cannot upset the "McGinn fanboys" on here...i await your witty reply because being the sad individual you are you will not be able to help yourself,  go on make a witty remark or something...hurry up....clown...

If there is a clown here buddy it's most assuredly YOU.               evidence ..... read your posts 

13 minutes ago, Doakes said:

We're the Premiership club, and we're at home. We need to set out believing we are going to pump them 

I get your point Doakes. I don't think that anyone is suggesting that we approach the game with fear. Rather that we ensure that we treat the opposition as a genuine threat,  nullify their attacking edge and then impose ourselves on the game. However we do it, we are all looking for a win. COYS

17 minutes ago, Doakes said:

We're the Premiership club, and we're at home. We need to set out believing we are going to pump them 

Aye but how will that go if we get caught from the off and also having nothing to change the system if it is not working.

i.e. we go your way with 5 attacking minded players and only Jackson in reserve OR my suggestions

8 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Aye but how will that go if we get caught from the off and also having nothing to change the system if it is not working.

i.e. we go your way with 5 attacking minded players and only Jackson in reserve OR my suggestions

I'd say we should use Erhahon as the kinda holding midfielder/anchor role. Dreyer and McAllister given roles where they can get forward and support the strikers, similar to what Morgan and Cammy Smith did to rip apart United last season. Hopefully Lyons and Erhahon are capable of controlling the middle of the park. Mullen can drop in when required. Nazon should play as a poacher until he gets up to speed, looks clumsy tracking back (don't think he is fully fit)

I'd keep Jackson to use off the bench once they have tired legs. Wind will also be a factor, not sure it's a game for Jackson

1 minute ago, Doakes said:

I'd say we should use Erhahon as the kinda holding midfielder/anchor role. Dreyer and McAllister given roles where they can get forward and support the strikers, similar to what Morgan and Cammy Smith did to rip apart United last season. Hopefully Lyons and Erhahon are capable of controlling the middle of the park. Mullen can drop in when required. Nazon should play as a poacher until he gets up to speed, looks clumsy tracking back (don't think he is fully fit)

I'd keep Jackson to use off the bench once they have tired legs. Wind will also be a factor, not sure it's a game for Jackson

My friend neither of us know yet what way we will set up - tomorrow we can see who was more or less correct but either way both of us wants the Saints to win.

My thoughts :-

I agree Erhahon could be defensive, but in the past from LB he has been caught up in the attack (Though he did score against Alloa he was posted missing when we were losing goals too on his flank)

Lyons similarly could, but is very attack minded and runs out of steam after an hour

Dreyer is not very defensive minded - He is really a striker/winger.

Mullen is a striker who hounds defenders but could drop a wee bit deeper

Nazon is not match fit yet and looks as if he will not be a hard worker, but a wrestler whose physicality will create chances and he will poach a few goals.

I look forward to seeing how Oran sees it.  :turtle

52 minutes ago, guinness said:

Watched united against Ayr last week and they were very poor. Honestly if we cannot beat them we should be a championship side.

They have signed half a new team since then. Their fans obviously fancy it with over 1400 tickets sold. We need to try to summon up the confidence from somewhere to take the game to them as their main weakness is at the back. Pretty sure there will be goals just hope we can end up with one more than them. Hopeful yes, confident not particularly !

I'd be tempted to play Mullen in a attacking midfield role. Bags of energy and can tackle. 
For me it would be a waste. I don't think he's good enough with the ball.

He can't beat a guy and rarely passes to a teammate. I would say at least one of those trates as essential to an attacking midfielder preferably both. You'd also want them to be able to hit the target from long range.

Though if he plays there I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Jackson scored 3 in a bounce game against United just before signing.

This is a game for Jackson.

I do appreciate that it's a different United team but don't tell him that. [emoji6]

Biggest game of the season. Winning the Scottish Cup should be our number 1 priority every year.

No f**king about, no nonsense (like starting Danny Mullen), got on top of this lot from the first whistle and lets get the boost to morale we desperately need!

Prediction: 2-1 to Dundee United.

Some absolutely horrendous lineup suggestions here.

Jackson has played far better since not been lumped up front on his own - Nazon turned in one of the worst home debuts i’ve seen, if anyone is dropped it should be him; McAllister done absolutely nothing on Wednesday to warrant a start and if McGinn is fit he should be starting, I can’t believe people still debate this - our midfield fell apart on Wednesday when he went off.

Decided to mix it up and sit in the West Stand instead of the Main Stand today. Do you still pick up tickets ordered online from the Main Stand window is will I have to queue in the West Stand Portacabin?

With regards to lineup, I reckon we have to play all the new signings. They need match fitness ASAP so we need them playing.