St Mirren v Dundee United Cup Game

St.Ricky

4 minutes ago, magnus said:

Another disappointing afternoon. Too little too late.  Saw a wee bit of promise from the Duck though. Started to look like a player. Most of the new signings look good. Bad day at the office for Jack Baird. 

:huh:

7 defeats in a row against full time opposition. 18 goals conceded.

And yet certain fans still want Oran Kearney to be our manager, the same fans who wanted Alan Stubbs sacked after 4 league games? 

The answer to this is simple, The fans never took to Stubbs as he was very distant, rarely applauded the support (home & away) where as Oran has a lot of time for the fans, similar to Jack Ross. OK is a genuinally nice guy but we should be looking at this from a footballing POV. Oran is statistically the WORST manager in the club's history and ultimately should leave his position.

Another disappointing afternoon. Too little too late.  Saw a wee bit of promise from the Duck though. Started to look like a player. Most of the new signings look good. Bad day at the office for Jack Baird. 

I thought that as well. When Nazon got the ball at his feet he looks a player but shelling high balls up to him is not his game.
Our midfield is so weak we are inviting teams on to us, the fact Kearney never managed to sign a physical midfielder might be what costs him his job.

We’re just too easy to play against.

1 minute ago, NB18 said:

And yet certain fans still want Oran Kearney to be our manager, the same fans who wanted Alan Stubbs sacked after 4 league games? 

The answer to this is simple, The fans never took to Stubbs as he was very distant, rarely applauded the support (home & away) where as Oran has a lot of time for the fans, similar to Jack Ross. OK is a genuinally nice guy but we should be looking at this from a footballing POV. Oran is statistically the WORST manager in the club's history and ultimately should leave his position.

OK is clearly out of his depth, but that doesn't take away from the fact that Stubbs was an awful appointment, and it wasn't just about his personality.

5 minutes ago, magnus said:

Can't remember their names bud and my fingers are too cauld to f**k about with the programme. I thought Kyle was poor if that helps.

I just keep seeing this repeated that "the new boys are good". Yet we have lost every game bar the Alloa one with them in the team!

Statistically the worst manager in St Mirren’s history.

He has to alter his starting setup every single week because he continuously cocks it up time and time again. We appear to have absolutely no game plan during matches never mind a plan B

Some fans love him because he gives them a clap after another spineless defeat whereas Stubbs ignored them. The reality is Kearney hasn’t took us forward at all since September - arguably backwards

All that’s left to be said is we’ve used 40 players this season; they can’t all be hopeless...

Edited by W6Saint

Just now, Kemp said:

I just keep seeing this repeated that "the new boys are good". Yet we have lost every game bar the Alloa one with them in the team!

Tansey looks like a mistake and Kyle has gone backwards. The goalie  left back and Popescu are excellent. I think the Duck might just become a pleasant surprise. Just not playing like a team and still way too soft.

Absolutely disgraceful. Not fit to wear the shirts. Firstly Dreyer. Never goes past a man. Tansey enough said. Lyons. Always wants to go back the way. Don't know about the The Duck. Might be a Turkey. But the keeper

Popescu and Muzak.look decent. Flynn had a good 2nd half. But we got exactly what we deserved a big fat nothing. Said it before. No passion. No fight. No ability. I've always been right behind Kearney. But I'm struggling to stick up for him. Tactics. team selection has been dodgy. He was brought in to improve things and has not. And finally Gus MacPherson waste of a wage.

It’s got feck all to do with that.

As a club in our position we need to make the most of our budget to built a squad during the summer window Stubbs recruitment was an absolute disgrace.

There definitely is sympathy for Oran having to come in after the window and deal with this mess but his latest formations and starting line ups are worrying.

Is completely pointless going to sack another manager to appoint another in our situation they are human not magicians and fans will just turn on again who ever is appointed because we don’t get results instantly the reason why I never wanted goody to get the job after Stubbs.

a horrible run of fixtures after the winter break wasn’t going to help and to get Dundee Utd who are spending like a top 6 premiership side.

He should definitely be here till the end of the season then it’s upto the board what they decide to do go for goody or let Oran have a go in the championship because it definitely doesn’t look good.

Right! Three things pissed me off today and one was obviously the team.

Number 2 was the empty South stand. These are the so called fans who scream about boy cotting old firm games and moan about not being able to sit in their own seats. They were all empty today boys n girls. WHY?.

The third thing was the score board. Why the feck does it not work. Does it upset the players when they see the opposition are winning. All the more reason to get it fixed. That and the fact the fans quite like to know how long there is to go.

I could rant about the team and I want to BUT.

SMTID unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, delpierro said:

1st time in years that I considered leaving at HT.
It would appear SPL is too steep a step up for, Oran.

Really lost to where we go from here. However, players have to shoulder much of the blame, they're paid handsomely, but their produce is rotten.

If they were paid handsomely we would have better players that's our problem and why we can't get better players.

32 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Thought McPherson had been substituted?

Not

2 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Right! Three things pissed me off today and one was obviously the team. Number 1 was the empty north stand. These are the so called fans who scream about boy cutting old firm games and moan about not being able to dit in their own seats. There were all empty today boys n girls. WHY?.

The third thing was the score board. Why the feck does it not work. Does it upset the players when they see the opposition are winning. All the more reason to get it fixed. That and the fact the fans quite like to know how long there is to go.

SMTID unfortunately.

Agree with all of this and would add that it's depressing enough at the Simple Digital Arena without having to sit in semi darkness. Turn the f**kn lights on as soon as it starts to get dark. SMTID unfortunately.

8 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Right! Three things pissed me off today and one was obviously the team.

Number 2 was the empty north stand. These are the so called fans who scream about boy cotting old firm games and moan about not being able to sit in their own seats. They were all empty today boys n girls. WHY?.

SMTID unfortunately.

North stand is the away one?  No????