St Mirren v Dundee United Cup Game

St.Ricky

7 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Right! Three things pissed me off today and one was obviously the team.

Number 2 was the empty north stand. These are the so called fans who scream about boy cotting old firm games and moan about not being able to sit in their own seats. They were all empty today boys n girls. WHY?.

The north stand was sold out!

I presume you meant the south. I am one of the ones that moaned about bending over for the bigot brothers for very little financial gain ( as proven many times less than the quoted six figure benefit to the club)  but I was there as were the usual people around me. The crowd was a good 1500 home fans down so it wasn’t just the south that was quieter than normal. 

Here is hoping that we have a gentleman’s agreement with Aberdeen not to play Tansey against them. 

29 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Absolutely disgraceful. Not fit to wear the shirts. Firstly Dreyer. Never goes past a man. Tansey enough said. Lyons. Always wants to go back the way. Don't know about the The Duck. Might be a Turkey. But the keeper
Popescu and Muzak.look decent
. Flynn had a good 2nd half. But we got exactly what we deserved a big fat nothing. Said it before. No passion. No fight. No ability. I've always been right behind Kearney. But I'm struggling to stick up for him. Tactics team selection has been dodgy. He was brought in to improve things and has not. And finally Gus MacPherson waste of a wage.

Interesting!!!

The only positive part of your post was "the keeper, Muzak & Popescu are decent". Who by all accounts were scouted by Gus McPherson.

Then you go on to say that Gus is a waste of a wage. Strange!

Edited by Prague Buddie

27 minutes ago, NB18 said:

7 defeats in a row against full time opposition. 18 goals conceded.

And yet certain fans still want Oran Kearney to be our manager, the same fans who wanted Alan Stubbs sacked after 4 league games? 

The answer to this is simple, The fans never took to Stubbs as he was very distant, rarely applauded the support (home & away) where as Oran has a lot of time for the fans, similar to Jack Ross. OK is a genuinally nice guy but we should be looking at this from a footballing POV. Oran is statistically the WORST manager in the club's history and ultimately should leave his position.

You seem to conveniently forget that most of Oran's defeats were with the pi*h Stubbs left him.

He has had 2 games with his new guys in and many are not match fit yet - that is why they signed for us - they were not playing first 11 elsewhere - AND we have 6 players out with injuries. 

So Oran took on a poison chalice and he has knicker wetting fans to deal with who are after his head on a plate under these circumstances...

Give the man a chance and lets get the players fit - so that he can play our strongest fittest team . . .

And yes, we will no doubt get beat in the next 2 league games as well . . . . short memories on here - JR racked up defeat after defeat even after he had a clear out . . .

I presume you meant the south. I am one of the ones that moaned about bending over for the bigot brothers for very little financial gain ( as proven many times less than the quoted six figure benefit to the club)  but I was there as were the usual people around me. The crowd was a good 1500 home fans down so it wasn’t just the south that was quieter than normal. 
Here is hoping that we have a gentleman’s agreement with Aberdeen not to play Tansey against them. 
I sit in the West and if we looked quiet your end was desolate. Very poor turn out compared to most weeks

I actually thought the starting formation of 4-1-4-1 was the correct formation and the keeper, defence and Cammy Mac looked (relatively) decent. But the 5 in front of them were pure utter shite, especially Tansey. The midfield never tracked back as usual.

The half time changes were significant and we looked more up for it in the second half. However I just don't get why Tansey started as he is woeful, and why take Cammy Mac off to replace him with Ethan when Cammy was the best midfielder we had? That coupled with Wednesday's night fiasco means  I am rapidly losing faith with OK. A shambles.

From a team that won the championship last year we had one player from that team playing. Name a player in our midfield today who is a better player than Cammy Smith. Maybe Cammy MacPherson. Shambles. GLS will be sitting up in his Ivory tower today wondering why there was less than 4.000 there today and at least 1500 of them were Utd fans. Well the answer is the product on the park is utter shite.

Interesting!!!
The only positive part of your post was "the keeper, Muzak & Popescu are decent". Who by all accounts were scouted by Gus McPherson.
Then you gone on to say that Gus is a waste of a wage. Strange!

I never said they were any better than we already had. I said they looked decent. Muzak looks ok. But is he any better than Erahahon was doing. Not yet. Keeper is ok. But is he better than Sammy or Lyness. He looks ok so far. But Popescu is better than anything we've had this season. But he looks to good to be in that team.

5 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:
8 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

I sit in the West and if we looked quiet your end was desolate. Very poor turn out compared to most weeks

I agree but no need to try and dig up those that disagree with the short sighted decision for old firm games. 

There has been a marked drop off within the support overall and in the south stand if the parent decides not to go then generally it is a couple of empty seats that result from that decision. Whereas in the rest of the ground if one person decides not to go then it is only one empty seat. 

Just back from the game. Well didn’t it get cold really suddenly after 330, brrrr .

Pros: keeper & Popescu are excellent, Popescu reminds me of Will Haining, wouldn’t be surprising if he got a couple of goals this season. We should sign them on long term deals no matter which league we end up in. Muzek anf Flynn got pass marks. The duck scored , albeit with a deflection, feel sorry for him, he looked really embarrassed that we were getting beat and put in a good shift in the 2nd half. Now that we are out the cup (against 10 men for most of the second half) we can concentrate on getting relegated as quickly as possible and bring this pathetic season to an end.

cons: OK started with one up front at home against lower league opposition (don’t let your teaching registration lapse Oran) not going to say anything else about the rest of the squad as we already know they aren’t of the quality needed to compete.

well done to all the saints fans that applauded Smith when he was substituted. Also if any Arabs fans are on the forum , you were singing the wrong lyrics to your song ( your going down with the Dundee, down with the Dundee) it should be “ your going down before the Dundee.... 

I agree but no need to try and dig up those that disagree with the short sighted decision for old firm games. 
There has been a marked drop off within the support overall and in the south stand if the parent decides not to go then generally it is a couple of empty seats that result from that decision. Whereas in the rest of the ground if one person decides not to go then it is only one empty seat. 
Each to there own mate. I'm ranting because the season is over. The empty stand was noticeable. It's not your fault but it detracts from what looks like a certainty that we are going down.

Do you know the scoreboard maintenance guy too. If so. Sorry again.

SMTID unfortunately

3 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

well done to all the saints fans that applauded Smith when he was substituted. Also if any Arabs fans are on the forum , you were singing the wrong lyrics to your song ( your going down with the Dundee, down with the Dundee) it should be “ your going down before the Dundee.... 

We are going down before Dundee but they are staying down with the Morton 

Can we also put to bed the issues some fans have with Stephen McGinn?

Our midfield was worse today for ducking out of tackles and not tracking back than it’s ever been, could probably count on one hand the amount of passing sequences they completed also.

Our best player by a considerable distance - carrying donkeys in midfield all season long.

Edited by W6Saint

17 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I actually thought the starting formation of 4-1-4-1 was the correct formation and the keeper, defence and Cammy Mac looked (relatively) decent. But the 5 in front of them were pure utter shite, especially Tansey. The midfield never tracked back as usual.

The half time changes were significant and we looked more up for it in the second half. However I just don't get why Tansey started as he is woeful, and why take Cammy Mac off to replace him with Ethan when Cammy was the best midfielder we had? That coupled with Wednesday's night fiasco means  I am rapidly losing faith with OK. A shambles.

McPherson was suffering from cramp and was stretching a few times before took off

Pity he was easily our best midfield player

First half played with 4 imposters who hid,never ran,threw themselves to ground and looked to blame others

2 of them were took off at H/T

Flynn improved in the 2nd and the Duck is better out wide as he's useless as a focal point

Mullen should have came on for McPherson

No surprise we look a little better with positive players on instead the negative tactics we seemed to start every game with

The keeper i think is excellent and saved us from a right hammering in that first half

Right! Three things pissed me off today and one was obviously the team.

Number 2 was the empty South stand. These are the so called fans who scream about boy cotting old firm games and moan about not being able to sit in their own seats. They were all empty today boys n girls. WHY?.

The third thing was the score board. Why the feck does it not work. Does it upset the players when they see the opposition are winning. All the more reason to get it fixed. That and the fact the fans quite like to know how long there is to go.

I could rant about the team and I want to BUT.

SMTID unfortunately.

Really?
That's what you choose to moan about! Weird!
Saints lose and one of your main gripes is a GIRFUY to fellow supporters? Charming.

To answer point 2 in a nutshell... Today's match had NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with a season ticket. Not hard to understand really.

The other games you refer to ARE connected to the season ticket.