St Mirren v Dundee United Cup Game

St.Ricky

Just listening to Robbie Neilson on Sportsound. He has really fitted in with Dundee United's MO of trying to get Saints players into trouble with the authorities. Calling McGinn's challenge on Smith a disgrace. Richard Gordon, who I am sure hates us, calling for Stephen Mcginn, to get into bother. Dick can't even get the name right. I suspect these two will agitate for further disciplinary action against Paul McGinn - don't know if they can succeed as he was given a yellow.

Edited by magnus

23 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

BOD had the chance to appoint Jim McIntrye twice to this job. He would have taken it. Already doing the business at Dundee and I reckon will push on similar to his time at Ross County. BOD getting what they deserve. 

Aye, remind me of the score against QOS in the cup? Not saying they won't improve but time will tell.

So what did this game tell us today......

The good news..... we have a really good Goalkeeper and a really good defender in Popescu,  The Duck showed a bit more today, hopefully there's a lot more to come.  Musek is lacking match fitness but looks a decent player,  Lyon's is Scottish championship level at best, Flynn surprisingly played ok and looked a lot fitter of late,  Tansey is the new Kyle Hutton,  Dreyer should be put on the first to train back to Brighton.

To sum it up we are a half decent championship team, we would have half a chance against United in a play off with a match fit squad. but finishing 2nd bottom is probably beyond us, 

Is Oran the man to keep our season alive, results so far and performances shows he's not ??? I think he should have the next 3 games against Aberdeen Hearts and Livingston. if we get humped in all 3, swallow our pride and phone stubbsy and ask for forgiveness :lol:

1 hour ago, John Gotti said:

I thought that as well. When Nazon got the ball at his feet he looks a player but shelling high balls up to him is not his game.
Our midfield is so weak we are inviting teams on to us, the fact Kearney never managed to sign a physical midfielder might be what costs him his job.

We’re just too easy to play against.

Tend to agree with what you say. We might still sign a hard tackling midfielder.  Much better second half..we might just have found a starting 11 and formation. Some new players did well. Corbu, Popesco, Hladky in particular. The Duck got better as the game went on and McAllister made an impact when he came on as did Jackson. 

Really?
That's what you choose to moan about! Weird!
Saints lose and one of your main gripes is a GIRFUY to fellow supporters? Charming.

To answer point 2 in a nutshell... Today's match had NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with a season ticket. Not hard to understand really.

The other games you refer to ARE connected to the season ticket.
The South stand was empty. The cup is an ideal time to support a family stand.

All season I go to as many games as I can whilst others call for boycotts and criticise me for going to away games.

Many of these critics claim to sit in the south stand. Where were they today

Simple question.

And who maintains the scoreboard badly?????

First half was poor. The second half was much better for me it was entertaining the team had more hunger play like that we will have a chance. Very poor turn out from the fans never seen the West stand with huge spaces like it had today south stand was almost empty. 

13 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Tend to agree with what you say. We might still sign a hard tackling midfielder.  Much better second half..we might just have found a starting 11 and formation. Some new players did well. Corbu, Popesco, Hladky in particular. The Duck got better as the game went on and McAllister made an impact when he came on as did Jackson. 

The 2nd should have been better, we were playing against 10 men for most of it. 

14 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Corbu,  you been on the bevy Ricky :huh:

4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

They have had since Oran was appointed to source and sign a tough tackling midfielder who can be a leader on the park and they come up with Tansy!!!! A complete waste of a jersey. Would much rather have the inexperience of Erhahon who will give 100% than a guy who runs about the park pointing at and blaming others for his lack of anything.!!

At one point he draws Dreyer to take a short corner with him. After what seems like an age he taps it to dreyer who gives him it back and he's offside!! FFS!!! 

Oh and Dreyer might be a luxury in a good team (and it;s a big might) but for an SPL relegation dogfight? No chance! He has the heart of a smartie!!!

26 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

So what did this game tell us today......

The good news..... we have a really good Goalkeeper and a really good defender in Popescu,  The Duck showed a bit more today, hopefully there's a lot more to come.  Musek is lacking match fitness but looks a decent player,  Lyon's is Scottish championship level at best, Flynn surprisingly played ok and looked a lot fitter of late,  Tansey is the new Kyle Hutton,  Dreyer should be put on the first to train back to Brighton.

To sum it up we are a half decent championship team, we would have half a chance against United in a play off with a match fit squad. but finishing 2nd bottom is probably beyond us, 

Is Oran the man to keep our season alive, results so far and performances shows he's not ??? I think he should have the next 3 games against Aberdeen Hearts and Livingston. if we get humped in all 3, swallow our pride and phone stubbsy and ask for forgiveness 

or Gus or Danny or .....I can see a pattern developing here :lol

2 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

They have had since Oran was appointed to source and sign a tough tackling midfielder who can be a leader on the park and they come up with Tansy!!!! A complete waste of a jersey. Would much rather have the inexperience of Erhahon who will give 100% than a guy who runs about the park pointing at and blaming others for his lack of anything.!!

At one point he draws Dreyer to take a short corner with him. After what seems like an age he taps it to dreyer who gives him it back and he's offside!! FFS!!! 

Oh and Dreyer might be a luxury in a good team (and it;s a big might) but for an SPL relegation dogfight? No chance! He has the heart of a smartie!!!

Dreyer and Tansey are both poor signinings. Can't see anything in either of them.

They have had since Oran was appointed to source and sign a tough tackling midfielder who can be a leader on the park and they come up with Tansy!!!! A complete waste of a jersey.

More Pansy than Tansey?

I saw a tweet from Stewart Gilmour where he described January’s window as being full of other managers problems and Tansey is looking every inch the player Dons fans said he was.

If the manager is going to keep playing him then he needs a mobile physical player next to him who will do the dirty work as he doesn’t seem interested or capable.

7 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Like we did in a cup final against 9 men. The team was a lot better in the second half. They would be my starting 11. 

Don’t really understand your point? Are you comparing the multimillion pound Sevco team we played in the league cup final that beat us 1 nil with a team that is sitting 3rd in the championship and are 6 points behind Ross county? 

The South stand was empty. The cup is an ideal time to support a family stand.

All season I go to as many games as I can whilst others call for boycotts and criticise me for going to away games.

Many of these critics claim to sit in the south stand. Where were they today

Simple question.

And who maintains the scoreboard badly?????

Well on my own case, at a wedding in New Cumnock.

Hope that's ok.

[emoji14]

Season tickets are paid for in full and nothing to do with todays match.

Where were the fans?

At £20 for an adult, maybe a family couldn't justify an extra £50 at this time of the year?

Maybe disillusioned and restricting the pain to league matches?

In any case, I can understand and find it a bit bizarre that with everything you could legitimately complain about today, you choose to have a dig at fellow supporters.