St Mirren v Dundee United Cup Game

St.Ricky

7 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Agree... The team that started the second half would be my starting 11.

The team and formation were much improved in the second half. However that’s 2 games in a row that Oran has had to change his starting lineup after going behind early. It’s just unforgivable to start a home cup game with one striker up front. You are basically telling the opposition that you have no confidence. DUTD are nothing special, they weren’t exactly passing the ball around and cutting us open. 

3 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Well on my own case, at a wedding in New Cumnock.
Hope that's ok.
emoji14.png

Season tickets are paid for in full and nothing to do with todays match.

Where were the fans?

At £20 for an adult, maybe a family couldn't justify an extra £50 at this time of the year?

Maybe disillusioned and restricting the pain to league matches?

In any case, I can understand and fond it a bit bizarre that with everything you could legitimately complain about today, you choose to have a dig at fellow supporters.

I was in the west stand W5 with my 12 year old (not malt) and it only cost £25 for both of us? 

Hope that's ok.
[emoji14]

Where were the fans?

At £20 for an adult, maybe a family couldn't justify an extra £50 at this time of the year?

In any case, I can understand and fond it a bit bizarre that with everything you could legitimately complain about today, you choose to have a dig at fellow supporters.
They are not slow in giving it out when griping about me going to old firm games.

Their non appearance when the team could have done with some support was noticeable.

It was one of three things that pissed me off. The team being the first.

You can moan at me next week when I don't go to Aberdeen.

Why are you on here anyway. Don't you have a wedding to enjoy.

I'm working tomorrow so I'm not in the pub and have feck all better to do than post on here.

Get someone up to dance and stop being antisocial and get off your phone. Do something constructive and buy a round.

Have a good night and congrats to the happy couple

5 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Hope that's ok.
emoji14.png

Where were the fans?

Have never seen a Scottish cup tie against decent opposition with such a low support from us. I get what you are saying now think we have reached the stage where fans are frustrated which is understandable. But the Scottish cup was always a highlight on the calender. East Lothian Saint travels quite far for home games so I am with him on this. It was really disappointing to see so few turning Up, 12th man and all that. 

11 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

The team and formation were much improved in the second half. However that’s 2 games in a row that Oran has had to change his starting lineup after going behind early. It’s just unforgivable to start a home cup game with one striker up front. You are basically telling the opposition that you have no confidence. DUTD are nothing special, they weren’t exactly passing the ball around and cutting us open. 

ffs Oran has a load of new players you can't find your right formation on 1 or 2 games. 

4 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

They are not slow in giving it out when griping about me going to old firm games.

Their non appearance when the team could have done with some support was noticeable.

It was one of three things that pissed me off. The team being the first.

You can moan at me next week when I don't go to Aberdeen.

Why are you on here anyway. Don't you have a wedding to enjoy.

I'm working tomorrow so I'm not in the pub and have feck all better to do than post on here.

Get someone up to dance and stop being antisocial and get off your phone. Do something constructive and buy a round.

Have a good night and congrats to the happy couple

I had the car going for a coke does not appeal but I will not have the car at our next home game :D

Just rip it up and start again......again! 

OK is not the man we need for a relegation fight or for a shot at the championship title. The players we’ve signed aren’t either. 

Get rid of the manager now and bring in an established Scottish manager who’s going to come in and take proper charge of the place. Billy Davies/Billy Stark duo or Jim Goodwin. 

Start to sign the better championship players on pre contract agreements and try and get popescu signed then get the house in order behind the scenes. Play the young boys like Erhahon, McPherson and Breadner until the end of the season so they’re fully ready to go for next season when we flush out all this junk we’ve brought in........again! All this signing guys from Slovakia, Croatia, Haiti etc was never going to work at a club like us and at a time we need passion, fight and stability. 

3 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

Just rip it up and start again......again! 

OK is not the man we need for a relegation fight or for a shot at the championship title. The players we’ve signed aren’t either. 

Get rid of the manager now and bring in an established Scottish manager who’s going to come in and take proper charge of the place. Billy Davies/Billy Stark duo or Jim Goodwin. 

Start to sign the better championship players on pre contract agreements and try and get popescu signed then get the house in order behind the scenes. Play the young boys like Erhahon, McPherson and Breadner until the end of the season so they’re fully ready to go for next season when we flush out all this junk we’ve brought in........again! All this signing guys from Slovakia, Croatia, Haiti etc was never going to work at a club like us and at a time we need passion, fight and stability. 

If the next one does not work , rip it up and start again. If the one after that does not work rip it up and start again. After that if the next one does not work rip it up and start again. After that we will go bust. 

4 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

If the next one does not work , rip it up and start again. If the one after that does not work rip it up and start again. After that if the next one does not work rip it up and start again. After that we will go bust. 

If that’s what it takes to stop us continually dropping down divisions then yes 

1 hour ago, East Lothian Saint said:

The South stand was empty. The cup is an ideal time to support a family stand.

All season I go to as many games as I can whilst others call for boycotts and criticise me for going to away games.

Many of these critics claim to sit in the south stand. Where were they today

Simple question.

And who maintains the scoreboard badly?????

This seems like a very weird obsession with those that sit in the south stand or today didn’t sit in it. 

I know for a fact that many of those that disagree with the Boards OF stance also sit elsewhere. 

We were 1500 down on our normal support today, every stand was quieter. 

The W7 area that many think has been the heartbeat of the club recently was quieter than usual today and from my 5 spare seats in the south stand were comprehensively out sung by united all day.  

We had a new signing with loads of premier league experience that was by far the worst player on the park and hooked at half time but you’d rather mention bits of plastic that got dusty because nobody was sitting on them in the stand who’s regular users were treated like crap by the board so that they could squeeze more OF fans in. 

I know we are all frustrated by our current position but get a grip. 

Edited by DumboBud

Firstly you can't give any manager for losing and being uncompetitive in so many games no matter what the squad. At our level, managers need to work with what's in front of them, that means getting organised and getting smart. Kearney hasn't done that, and there's been no signs of it. We're not getting beat by individual mistakes, we're getting beat by not being organised.

The new signings have been an improvement, but the system we are playing is leading us to ruin. Kearney has no football identity, he's not playing a high press, possession football or a direct counter.

Nazon is one of the first players I've seen at us in a long time with genuine trickery and a willingness to take on players with the ball at his feet. Hladky is in the running for player of the year already for me. Popescu is also the best centre back we've had potentially my lifetime. Its nice to see someone at the club is finally doing something right, or we're just getting lucky with agents.

5 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

If that’s what it takes to stop us continually dropping down divisions then yes 

Sorry mate it takes time and money. Oran has just built his own team. The second half gives me hope. Just a pitty the home support was not there to cheer the boys on to a result. 

Sorry mate it takes time and money. Oran has just built his own team. The second half gives me hope. Just a pitty the home support was not there to cheer the boys on to a result. 

Well , this fan wasn’t there to witness the “hope” of the second half. For the first time in my life, I left at half time. My eyes were bleeding with what was on offer.
I have witnessed some absolute shit over 50 years supporting Saints through thick and thin but what I watched first half was among the worst I can remember.
I have no issues getting beat, I’m a saints fan.... it goes with the territory but the capitulation in that first half was an embarrassment, Schoolboy defending, inept forward play, lack of bite, fight, guile and organisation all over the park and significantly , lack of tactics on set up... ffs , from kick off we passed to the ref !!
I like OK ,he seems like a decent likeable guy, I hope he and the team come through this but I have lots of concerns over how and when we get ourselves out of this shitfest.
Where is the input from Yoda Nicholl ? Who has stolen the Greg Tansey who used to boss us in opposition teams ? Why can’t we take a f**king corner ....or defend one. Where is the urgency and desire ?
This has been a terrible season to date and today does not fill me with hope or confidence .

I See the championship beckon but I do so hope I am wrong, if we get out of this mess I will gladly stand up and say so.

Fans will vote with their feet if what is on offer is not worth paying for ........ recent performances haven’t been good and like has been said already it is difficult to see what our game plan is or if we even have one. That first half display today was up there with the worst I’ve seen in the past 20 years and we are expecting people to shell out their hard earned for that . We improved in the second half but that was largely aided by the sending off. At 11 v 11 we were still struggling to break down a well organised United side.

Typical St Mirren build us up with an 18 month period of highs only to let it all fall apart in less than a year.  Today was another low in what has been a shit season and to be honest the sooner it’s over the better.

9 minutes ago, Paisleyporridge said:

Good point.

Not at all, we were 1500 fans down, every stand was quieter. 

Is it any wonder that the family stand was quiet at between £25 and £30 for an adult and a child. 

Yes the stand had very few in it but these are the fans that have been treated badly by the board is it any wonder they choose not to follow blindly. 

The 1500 no shows today are not exclusive to the family stand or else it would be sold out every game. 

Where were the missing ones from W1 to W7 or from the main Stand?

Do these fans not deserve the same criticism as the south stand ones?

Can we also put to bed the issues some fans have with Stephen McGinn?
Our midfield was worse today for ducking out of tackles and not tracking back than it’s ever been, could probably count on one hand the amount of passing sequences they completed also.
Our best player by a considerable distance - carrying donkeys in midfield all season long.

You’re right.

Things have been so much better when he was in the team.

7 minutes ago, TopCat said:

These new signings have had worse start than Stubbs new signings did.

Can someone talk me through why they’re an improvement.

Because it’s certainly not because of results.

Keeper centre back left back and right back way ahead of anything stubs signed and I’ve only seen the right back for 10 minutes.  But he’s still better than Paul McGinn captain calamity