St.Ricky

St Mirren v Dundee United Cup Game

Really?
That's what you choose to moan about! Weird!
Saints lose and one of your main gripes is a GIRFUY to fellow supporters? Charming.

To answer point 2 in a nutshell... Today's match had NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with a season ticket. Not hard to understand really.

The other games you refer to ARE connected to the season ticket.
The South stand was empty. The cup is an ideal time to support a family stand.

All season I go to as many games as I can whilst others call for boycotts and criticise me for going to away games.

Many of these critics claim to sit in the south stand. Where were they today

Simple question.

And who maintains the scoreboard badly?????

24 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Aye, remind me of the score against QOS in the cup? Not saying they won't improve but time will tell.

How do you think we would fair at QOS ?

Dundee won't be in the bottom 2 

First half was poor. The second half was much better for me it was entertaining the team had more hunger play like that we will have a chance. Very poor turn out from the fans never seen the West stand with huge spaces like it had today south stand was almost empty. 

13 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Tend to agree with what you say. We might still sign a hard tackling midfielder.  Much better second half..we might just have found a starting 11 and formation. Some new players did well. Corbu, Popesco, Hladky in particular. The Duck got better as the game went on and McAllister made an impact when he came on as did Jackson. 

The 2nd should have been better, we were playing against 10 men for most of it. 

One thing i really noticed our crossing is dreadful

No movement in the box also.

No near post runs or late runs

I counted at least half a dozen times players static in the box waiting for a cross

What do they do at Ralston

Caught offside taking a corner ffs

14 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Tend to agree with what you say. We might still sign a hard tackling midfielder.  Much better second half..we might just have found a starting 11 and formation. Some new players did well. Corbu, Popesco, Hladky in particular. The Duck got better as the game went on and McAllister made an impact when he came on as did Jackson. 

Corbu,  you been on the bevy Ricky :huh:

4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

They have had since Oran was appointed to source and sign a tough tackling midfielder who can be a leader on the park and they come up with Tansy!!!! A complete waste of a jersey. Would much rather have the inexperience of Erhahon who will give 100% than a guy who runs about the park pointing at and blaming others for his lack of anything.!!

At one point he draws Dreyer to take a short corner with him. After what seems like an age he taps it to dreyer who gives him it back and he's offside!! FFS!!! 

Oh and Dreyer might be a luxury in a good team (and it;s a big might) but for an SPL relegation dogfight? No chance! He has the heart of a smartie!!!

26 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

So what did this game tell us today......

The good news..... we have a really good Goalkeeper and a really good defender in Popescu,  The Duck showed a bit more today, hopefully there's a lot more to come.  Musek is lacking match fitness but looks a decent player,  Lyon's is Scottish championship level at best, Flynn surprisingly played ok and looked a lot fitter of late,  Tansey is the new Kyle Hutton,  Dreyer should be put on the first to train back to Brighton.

To sum it up we are a half decent championship team, we would have half a chance against United in a play off with a match fit squad. but finishing 2nd bottom is probably beyond us, 

Is Oran the man to keep our season alive, results so far and performances shows he's not ??? I think he should have the next 3 games against Aberdeen Hearts and Livingston. if we get humped in all 3, swallow our pride and phone stubbsy and ask for forgiveness 

or Gus or Danny or .....I can see a pattern developing here :lol

2 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

They have had since Oran was appointed to source and sign a tough tackling midfielder who can be a leader on the park and they come up with Tansy!!!! A complete waste of a jersey. Would much rather have the inexperience of Erhahon who will give 100% than a guy who runs about the park pointing at and blaming others for his lack of anything.!!

At one point he draws Dreyer to take a short corner with him. After what seems like an age he taps it to dreyer who gives him it back and he's offside!! FFS!!! 

Oh and Dreyer might be a luxury in a good team (and it;s a big might) but for an SPL relegation dogfight? No chance! He has the heart of a smartie!!!

Dreyer and Tansey are both poor signinings. Can't see anything in either of them.

6 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

The 2nd should have been better, we were playing against 10 men for most of it. 

Like we did in a cup final against 9 men. The team was a lot better in the second half. They would be my starting 11. 

They have had since Oran was appointed to source and sign a tough tackling midfielder who can be a leader on the park and they come up with Tansy!!!! A complete waste of a jersey.

More Pansy than Tansey?

I saw a tweet from Stewart Gilmour where he described January’s window as being full of other managers problems and Tansey is looking every inch the player Dons fans said he was.

If the manager is going to keep playing him then he needs a mobile physical player next to him who will do the dirty work as he doesn’t seem interested or capable.

7 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Like we did in a cup final against 9 men. The team was a lot better in the second half. They would be my starting 11. 

Don’t really understand your point? Are you comparing the multimillion pound Sevco team we played in the league cup final that beat us 1 nil with a team that is sitting 3rd in the championship and are 6 points behind Ross county? 

The South stand was empty. The cup is an ideal time to support a family stand.

All season I go to as many games as I can whilst others call for boycotts and criticise me for going to away games.

Many of these critics claim to sit in the south stand. Where were they today

Simple question.

And who maintains the scoreboard badly?????

Well on my own case, at a wedding in New Cumnock.

Hope that's ok.

Season tickets are paid for in full and nothing to do with todays match.

Where were the fans?

At £20 for an adult, maybe a family couldn't justify an extra £50 at this time of the year?

Maybe disillusioned and restricting the pain to league matches?

In any case, I can understand and find it a bit bizarre that with everything you could legitimately complain about today, you choose to have a dig at fellow supporters.

7 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Agree... The team that started the second half would be my starting 11.

The team and formation were much improved in the second half. However that’s 2 games in a row that Oran has had to change his starting lineup after going behind early. It’s just unforgivable to start a home cup game with one striker up front. You are basically telling the opposition that you have no confidence. DUTD are nothing special, they weren’t exactly passing the ball around and cutting us open. 

3 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Hope that's ok.
emoji14.png

Where were the fans?

At £20 for an adult, maybe a family couldn't justify an extra £50 at this time of the year?

In any case, I can understand and fond it a bit bizarre that with everything you could legitimately complain about today, you choose to have a dig at fellow supporters.

I was in the west stand W5 with my 12 year old (not malt) and it only cost £25 for both of us? 

Hope that's ok.

Where were the fans?

In any case, I can understand and fond it a bit bizarre that with everything you could legitimately complain about today, you choose to have a dig at fellow supporters.
They are not slow in giving it out when griping about me going to old firm games.

Their non appearance when the team could have done with some support was noticeable.

It was one of three things that pissed me off. The team being the first.

You can moan at me next week when I don't go to Aberdeen.

Why are you on here anyway. Don't you have a wedding to enjoy.

I'm working tomorrow so I'm not in the pub and have feck all better to do than post on here.

Get someone up to dance and stop being antisocial and get off your phone. Do something constructive and buy a round.

Have a good night and congrats to the happy couple

5 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Hope that's ok.
emoji14.png

Where were the fans?

Have never seen a Scottish cup tie against decent opposition with such a low support from us. I get what you are saying now think we have reached the stage where fans are frustrated which is understandable. But the Scottish cup was always a highlight on the calender. East Lothian Saint travels quite far for home games so I am with him on this. It was really disappointing to see so few turning Up, 12th man and all that. 

11 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

The team and formation were much improved in the second half. However that’s 2 games in a row that Oran has had to change his starting lineup after going behind early. It’s just unforgivable to start a home cup game with one striker up front. You are basically telling the opposition that you have no confidence. DUTD are nothing special, they weren’t exactly passing the ball around and cutting us open. 

ffs Oran has a load of new players you can't find your right formation on 1 or 2 games. 

4 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

They are not slow in giving it out when griping about me going to old firm games.

Their non appearance when the team could have done with some support was noticeable.

It was one of three things that pissed me off. The team being the first.

You can moan at me next week when I don't go to Aberdeen.

Why are you on here anyway. Don't you have a wedding to enjoy.

I'm working tomorrow so I'm not in the pub and have feck all better to do than post on here.

Get someone up to dance and stop being antisocial and get off your phone. Do something constructive and buy a round.

Have a good night and congrats to the happy couple

I had the car going for a coke does not appeal but I will not have the car at our next home game :D

Just rip it up and start again......again! 

OK is not the man we need for a relegation fight or for a shot at the championship title. The players we’ve signed aren’t either. 

Get rid of the manager now and bring in an established Scottish manager who’s going to come in and take proper charge of the place. Billy Davies/Billy Stark duo or Jim Goodwin. 

Start to sign the better championship players on pre contract agreements and try and get popescu signed then get the house in order behind the scenes. Play the young boys like Erhahon, McPherson and Breadner until the end of the season so they’re fully ready to go for next season when we flush out all this junk we’ve brought in........again! All this signing guys from Slovakia, Croatia, Haiti etc was never going to work at a club like us and at a time we need passion, fight and stability.