St Mirren v Dundee United Cup Game

St.Ricky

Keeper centre back left back and right back way ahead of anything stubs signed and I’ve only seen the right back for 10 minutes.  But he’s still better than Paul McGinn captain calamity 

Wait hold up.

If the defenders and goalie are better than what we had, why are we conceding more goals?

And Paul McGinn was a Jack Ross signing.

5 hours ago, W6Saint said:

Can we also put to bed the issues some fans have with Stephen McGinn?

Our midfield was worse today for ducking out of tackles and not tracking back than it’s ever been, could probably count on one hand the amount of passing sequences they completed also.

Our best player by a considerable distance - carrying donkeys in midfield all season long.

Can we maybe start a new pinned thread just to get this point across.

I'd suggest putting on ignore at this point those who remain with their pathetic agenda against Stephen and continue to pretend they can't see what he brings to the team. We've been very lucky he came back to us, and we indeed Mother McGinn should be given the freedom of Paisley!

The general consensus seems to be as individuals the new players look much better, but as a team the performances are getting worse.

In that case, it does not look good at all for the manager. 

The "lack of team identity" mentioned above comes as no surprise. Kearney has been chopping and changing line-up and formation from game to game for the entire season.

We will lose the next one away at Pittodire. After that, it is Hearts away. Hearts have been poor for a while, that is a game I would be looking for us to go and compete in and come away with something. A good performance there sets us up for March with Livingston, Killie, St Johnstone and Dundee - that's the run of games that could make or break the season.

Kearney should know his job depends on being able to form a team before that Livingston game.

ETA - I didn't mean to say "make or break our season" It's been long broken :lol: I mean, shitefest our way ahead of Hamilton and in to a relegation playoff.

Edited by Kemp

did I hear right when I thought I heard OK say that united were pre match favourites?

if so, he needs to go now.

Our best hope, United lose the play-off and we can persuade Robbie Neilsen to come and oversee our LONG TERM revival.  I doubt that anyone with the ability to make that happen will either consider it or work to make it happen

It's crystal clear to me, that even in the midst of a championship winning season,  JR was looking further afield because he had already deduced that the chairman and chief exec are f**king delusional

Had he any faith in the board he might well have taken a roll of the dice with us in the premiership and secured a very lucrative future as the next big thing. 

did I hear right when I thought I heard OK say that united were pre match favourites?

Our best hope, United lose the play-off and we can persuade Robbie Neilsen to come and oversee our LONG TERM revival.  I doubt that anyone with the ability to make that happen will either consider it or work to make it happen
It's crystal clear to me, that even in the midst of a championship winning season,  JR was looking further afield because he had already deduced that the chairman and chief exec are f**king delusional
Had he any faith in the board he might well have taken a roll of the dice with us in the premiership and secured a very lucrative future as the next big thing. 

kettle black calling

We should get a manager in that already rejected us because with our budget the demands were unrealistic

What’s your long term revival give him about 5 games after a transfer window.

Then jack Ross was to reject Sunderland for St Mirren

And you call the board delusional.

6 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

kettle black calling

We should get a manager in that already rejected us because with our budget the demands were unrealistic

I'm really thinking of jacking it in. Been following Saints for 50 odd years. Not because of the team or manager. Today over a thousand supporters did not turn up. Add the ones who did now wanting the manager sacked.  Of course I will still keep going but this hurts like he'll. We need the support we need Oran and the team we need to stick together changing the manager will not fix our problems.  

4 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

I was busy commending Willie Collum for having a decent game for a change, then I tune into Sportscene and see the Paul McGinn challenge. 

I thought it would be a red but I'm sure I seen Collum indicate it was a fore arm smash......and that only merits a yellow.I've not seen the highlights yet,I'll force myself to watch them later.I could be wrong but as McGinn was booked then no further action can be taken?

1st half we were absolutely shocking.I think we must have given the ball to more Utd players than our own.(Not bad enough to leave at HT mind you)

2nd half was a marked improvement but you still just knew we weren't going to do it.Too many overhit crosses,too much indecision,too much giving the ball away,too many bad bounces/ball not sitting right, too much singing from the away end,too many Saints Fans in Primark.We could have sneaked a draw in the 2nd half but.......we never.

Ah well,at least we can concentrate on the league now.

Utd fans seemed to enjoy it.....as did the cash registers of the Towns pubs.

PS.Utd should be thrown out of the competition and we should be reinstated.

Our Planet is suffering from serious problems with pollution.Youve all seen the pictures of plastic rivers etc?Well the Utd Fans left Paisley under a sea of paper.I wonder which Office Supplies company got hit?The only way to save the Planet is to kick out Clubs who attract such a messy support.

1 hour ago, HSS said:

I thought it would be a red but I'm sure I seen Collum indicate it was a fore arm smash......and that only merits a yellow.I've not seen the highlights yet,I'll force myself to watch them later.I could be wrong but as McGinn was booked then no further action can be taken?

1st half we were absolutely shocking.I think we must have given the ball to more Utd players than our own.(Not bad enough to leave at HT mind you)

2nd half was a marked improvement but you still just knew we weren't going to do it.Too many overhit crosses,too much indecision,too much giving the ball away,too many bad bounces/ball not sitting right, too much singing from the away end,too many Saints Fans in Primark.We could have sneaked a draw in the 2nd half but.......we never.

Our Planet is suffering from serious problems with pollution.Youve all seen the pictures of plastic rivers etc?Well the Utd Fans left Paisley under a sea of paper.I wonder which Office Supplies company got hit?The only way to save the Planet is to kick out Clubs who attract such a messy support.

Not a bad post at all HSS. 

Humour too.  Brightened up my start to the day. 

5 hours ago, HSS said:

The game was in full flow and a wee steward ambling about the penalty area picking it up

Should have stayed there he would have done a better job than big Bairdy in the first half

Guest TPAFKATS

Thought we improved in the 2nd half. Defence is still ropey and they don't communicate enough. I blame myself for commenting that bairdy was having a good game, about a minute before the first goal.
The duck came onto a game, his touch and fitness are improving along with his work rate.
Overall, It was better than Motherwell, although opposition was inferior. Just need to hope the players continue to gel, quickly, and we improve.

Guest TPAFKATS

United were pre match favourites with the bookied

7 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

kettle black calling

And there's the kick in the sack!

the money the board have wasted on hiring two dud managers, their compo, crazy transfer fee, paying off players etc... is alot more than the budget Neilson was looking for. The board are indeed proven by their incompetence to be delusional.

9 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

the money the board have wasted on hiring two dud managers, their compo, crazy transfer fee, paying off players etc... is alot more than the budget Neilson was looking for. The board are indeed proven by their incompetence to be delusional.

You don't know what budget Neillson was looking for

He said it was a big rebuilding job especially in the SPL

Easy to do with the biggest team in the Championship with new owners willing to throw money at it

You could certainly do with a kick in the sacks for the utter pish you attempt to spread on here.

You have absolutely no idea what neilson wanted and going by the way united are recruiting seems he needs a club with very deep pockets compared to the other clubs around him to be a successful manager.

Winning the championship for a club like Uniteds spending should be given like Celtic winning the premiership.

I agree that the OK quote about Utd being favourites was poor. Not what I want to hear when a team from a lower division are visiting.

I also agree that the BOD are delusional. The appointments of Stubbs, Kearney and “Moneyball” McPherson are evidence of that.

However the notion that Jack could/should have rolled the dice with us to secure a lucrative future is nonsense. He’s already used us a platform for that by winning the championship. Sunderland are a massive club and if he’s lucky he might just take them back to the top league in England in the next few years.

Every single game from here on will be an absolute shitfest and our upcoming games against Dundee and Accies will be virtual relegation deciders as I fully expect us to be further behind than we are right now.

We are an appallingly run football club right now and are sliding inexorably toward another 10 year stint in the second tier.

Anyone who thinks there’s hope to be taken from the second half against a team from a lower division with 10 f**king men just doesn’t want to accept the reality of our situation.

26 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

You don't know what budget Neillson was looking for

He said it was a big rebuilding job especially in the SPL

Easy to do with the biggest team in the Championship with new owners willing to throw money at it

18 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

You could certainly do with a kick in the sacks for the utter pish you attempt to spread on here.

You have absolutely no idea what neilson wanted and going by the way united are recruiting seems he needs a club with very deep pockets compared to the other clubs around him to be a successful manager.

Winning the championship for a club like Uniteds spending should be given like Celtic winning the premiership.

And there in two posts is the reason our club are wallowing at the foot of a table where we probably have a bigger budget than three other clubs, and level with another one or two. Its the small minded thinking of the board, hiring Stubbs, then Oran because they were both so desperate for the job they said they could meet the board's aspirations on the cheap!

in the end the board have wasted Hundreds of thousands of pounds f**king it up, when common sense was explained to them by more than one candidate for the managers job.

gotta laugh at the 'Dundee utd spending to win league'comment... you know thats what we did with Ross, dont you? We bought that title, and bought it up against guess which club you insist we cant compete with financially? Yes thats right dundee utd.

reference the threat of violence above, please pm me and give it your best shot! I would advise against seeking coaching from Oran beforehand though. 

7 minutes ago, DLBud said:

I also agree that the BOD are delusional. The appointments of Stubbs, Kearney and “Moneyball” McPherson are evidence of that.

A lot of people seem very happy with the majority of our new players (as individuals). I'd say the jury remains out on MacPherson. He was brought in to solve a particular problem in terms of the quality of players being signed, perhaps he has done that. We will see soon enough.

8 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I'm really thinking of jacking it in. Been following Saints for 50 odd years. Not because of the team or manager. Today over a thousand supporters did not turn up. Add the ones who did now wanting the manager sacked.  Of course I will still keep going but this hurts like he'll. We need the support we need Oran and the team we need to stick together changing the manager will not fix our problems.  

:blink:

12 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

And there in two posts is the reason our club are wallowing at the foot of a table where we probably have a bigger budget than three other clubs, and level with another one or two. Its the small minded thinking of the board, hiring Stubbs, then Oran because they were both so desperate for the job they said they could meet the board's aspirations on the cheap!

in the end the board have wasted Hundreds of thousands of pounds f**king it up, when common sense was explained to them by more than one candidate for the managers job.

gotta laugh at the 'Dundee utd spending to win league'comment... you know thats what we did with Ross, dont you? We bought that title, and bought it up against guess which club you insist we cant compete with financially? Yes thats right dundee utd.

reference the threat of violence above, please pm me and give it your best shot! I would advise against seeking coaching from Oran beforehand though. 

Utd have more money this season due to the NEW owners

I seriously doubt Stubbs came cheap

An experienced man McIntyre would have been ideal but wasn't rated it seems

A lot of people seem very happy with the majority of our new players (as individuals). I'd say the jury remains out on MacPherson. He was brought in to solve a particular problem in terms of the quality of players being signed, perhaps he has done that. We will see soon enough.

Maybe we will mate, however, his salary IMO would have been better spent on the squad, specifically the midfield hard man we’ve needed for a loooong time now.

In terms of the DOF role in general, I thought the idea was that you bring players in that will fit the style the club want to play therefore mitigating the impact of a new manager every couple of seasons. What are we trying to achieve with this current group? The personnel and formations/tactics seem to change every game and then very quickly in-game when we realise it’s another clusterf**k.

Hard to see the light at the end of this particular tunnel right now.[emoji19]