St Mirren v Dundee United Cup Game

St.Ricky

32 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

It does Hambud. 

I take the point.

DU were happy with the uptake with 5 days to go till the game and expect sales to accelerate. 

Their end will be more or less full I imagine.  Hopefully our fans turn up in numbers also. A cup run could really help our run in .

Even though i am going i would happily forgo progressing in the cup for three points in the league tomorrow night. I domthink though if United beat us come Saturday then the OK love fest will be seriously KO'd.

its a curious thing but football fans get more upset over cup losses to supposedly inferior opposition, than they do to losses against teams they need to beat to avoid relegation! 

1 hour ago, HSS said:

Would a Scottish Cup win and Relegation be considered a successful season?

It would for some, perhaps with the thinking 'we're never gonna win the premiership, so a cup every now and again is success'?

for me, one game at a time, get a win against Motherwell, then look to do your best on Saturday. I would be lying if i said i hoped they would pull out all the stops and risk injury and suspension on Saturday, IF we got a win tomorrow. Staying in this league is the financial life line clubs like us need.

18 hours ago, gstretchuk said:

Thats 900 short of selling out...take it you were not very good at maths in school...

Update from yesterday.... United have now sold over 1000 tickets.  Under 500 left to sell. 

Looking like a sell out in the away end. 

Should be a good atmosphere. 

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Update from yesterday.... United have now sold over 1000 tickets.  Under 500 left to sell. 

Looking like a sell out in the away end. 

Should be a good atmosphere. 

I hope you are right Ricky but still over 4000 tickets available for the home end!!

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 11:20 AM, HSS said:

Would a Scottish Cup win and Relegation be considered a successful season?

Glass half empty question my friend - No a Cup win anytime is a success but staying up is even more important for us going forward as a club and playing big boys in the big boy league. We need to have a secure seat in the Premiership - we got some way to go, but the chance is very real indeed.    :happyclapper

Edited by Sweeper07

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Glass half empty question my friend - No a Cup win anytime is a success but staying up is even more important for us going forward as a club and playing big boys in the big boy league. We need to have a secure sit in the Premiership - we got some way to go, but the chance is very real indeed.    :happyclapper

United fans saying the same thing, league is more important. I'm going for a Saints win confidence booster. 

5 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Prediction 

2-1 saints , with the Duck breaking his duck. 

I'd like to think so.  For sure we will need to improve on our performance tonight. Looks like we might have to-do so without Stephen McGinn who went off injured. 

I have my ticket.  I'll be there. A win would boost confidence.  

Utd will be looking forward to this a lot more than us. All the pressure on us. Any kind of win would be precious, even if it’s not in the league. 2-1 Saints and more gelling time and building match fitness for the new boys. Not confident though. Taking my son through for a birthday ‘treat’. Most of his pals are Arabs, so he’s as nervous about the game as his old man.