Alex Salmond Arrested and Charged

shull

Breach of the Peace

Indecent Assault

Sexual Offences (Scotland) Act 2009 S3 (Sexual Assault)

Indecent Assault

Sexual Offences (Scotland) Act 2009 S1 (Attempted Rape)

1 minute ago, Doakes said:

Breach of the Peace

Indecent Assault

Indecent Assault

Aye a Politician - we vote for people like this to run our country.

Storm the Bastille I say, lock them all up . ..    I feel better for that . . . :guinness

3 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Aye a Politician - we vote for people like this to run our country.

Storm the Bastille I say, lock them all up . ..    I feel better for that . . . :guinness

I've always thought people who willingly become politicians tend to have a lust for power, amongst other things. It's not a huge surprise when stuff like this comes out.... (if he is guilty, nothing proven yet)

It's about time we started electing leaders based on their values and leadership qualities, rather than policies. The system we have is designed to suit career politicians and people who "play the game" to gain votes. It's a shite way to run a country, if ye think about it <_<

10 minutes ago, Doakes said:

I've always thought people who willingly become politicians tend to have a lust for power, amongst other things. It's not a huge surprise when stuff like this comes out.... (if he is guilty, nothing proven yet)

It's about time we started electing leaders based on their values and leadership qualities, rather than policies. The system we have is designed to suit career politicians and people who "play the game" to gain votes. It's a shite way to run a country, if ye think about it <_<

Absolutely, I have mentioned previously 'cant remember if this or another thread' that Politicians (in my opinion) should be excluded from becoming one by virtue of the fact that they wish to become one.  All Politicians should be chosen  for the good they can do for the public and not the good they can do for themselves.  I appreciate this does not universally apply .... but to many are self serving and simply there for the glory or the dosh and don't give a hoot about poor Joe / Josephine public.

Guest TPAFKATS
Breach of the Peace
Indecent Assault
Indecent Assault
Breach of the peace is a bit of an outlier

Should be a long and interesting process trying to pick a jury [emoji6]

1 hour ago, jaybee said:

Absolutely, I have mentioned previously 'cant remember if this or another thread' that Politicians (in my opinion) should be excluded from becoming one by virtue of the fact that they wish to become one.  All Politicians should be chosen  for the good they can do for the public and not the good they can do for themselves.  I appreciate this does not universally apply .... but to many are self serving and simply there for the glory or the dosh and don't give a hoot about poor Joe / Josephine public.

You've got me thinking jaybee - imagine all politicians had to be nominated , so if you know someone local who's a good natural leader / has the right personality you nominate them. Then everyone can vote in who they want. Would be a far better system than electing the least worst like we do at the moment! 

Just now, Doakes said:

You've got me thinking jaybee - imagine all politicians had to be nominated , so if you know someone local who's a good natural leader / has the right personality you nominate them. Then everyone can vote in who they want. Would be a far better system than electing the least worst like we do at the moment! 

Good idea!  shall we start a Revolution?  yes why not ........ but kin we joust wait a wee minit or so till the buddies ur safe, yethink?  B)  

But yes in all seriousness something needs to be done, our  (UK) Parliament may be the mother of all others, however at the moment it's being dragged down by the biggest load of mother*uckers I have ever seen.

8 minutes ago, Doakes said:

You do realise you've just described exactly how it works already? :huh:

6 hours ago, TopCat said:

No surprises that Sleazy Salmond has been charged.

This trial should be interesting... Wee Nippy on the stand as a witness under oath?

I'd be stunned if Nicola was a witness to any of these allegations. One hell of a party conference if she was !

Guest TPAFKATS
Prosecution must think they have a strong case due to him being charged. I will wait till the court case before passing judgment. 
Mibees but not necessarily so given how cases of sexual assault are taken forward or were in recent years.

As you say though, better to wait and see given contempt laws.