Alex Salmond Arrested and Charged

shull

Guest TPAFKATS
True. But given the fact the jury had the "not proven" option for all the cases, they must have been fairly satisfied he didn't do it for the 12 they opted in favour of AS.  
It's a very conclusive verdict. 14 charges, no evidence presented for 1, 12 not guilty and 1 not proven.

19 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Just because a court delivers a not guilty verdict doesn't mean the person didn't do it ! Yes he is 100% innocent in the eyes of the law and legally that's all that counts but as I said only AS and the accusers really know the truth. You must realise history is littered with people who committed crimes being found NG.

History is also littered with accusations made against innocent people.

What these sexual assault claims do is destroy someone’s reputation regardless of innocence. Many have had their lives ruined, families broken apart and been labelled a “predator” for life because of false accusations, even when 100% clear and innocent.

I could claim Salmond touched my cock in 2013, get him taken to court and obviously lose the case as it was nonsense. Some out there would genuinely believe it happened anyway. That’s the point of these false accusations - it tars these people for life even when fully innocent.

I completely understand your point about the accusations thrown out for lack of evidence, when the assault happened, and I feel for every single victim of such a case. It must be horrific to see the person committing the assault walk free. What I’m saying is that for every case where a victim doesn’t see justice, there’s another case full of lies and deceit to try and destroy someone’s life and image. 

Unsurprisingly , unsurprisingly your fellow Guardianistas all liked that wee comment

I can take lots of abuse, I've had to, but that's a step too far. Wouldn't wipe my arse with that right-wing rag...

[emoji846]

3 hours ago, theknickerwetter said:

Unsurprisingly , unsurprisingly your fellow Guardianistas all liked that wee comment

I admit to reading The Guardian - it's free online news and views, why wouldn't I. I also read Breitbart and RT. I believe in getting a variety of opinions.

5 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
12 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:

There's some decent factual stuff in there, I fear though that it all gets lost amongst the small amount of unsubstantiated fantasy.

Aye.

I was getting mixed messages from it, also.

A strange man, I thought, feeling a bit like a martyr....  but then again I've never encountered him before...

Guest TPAFKATS
Aye.

I was getting mixed messages from it, also.
A strange man, I thought, feeling a bit like a martyr....  but then again I've never encountered him before...
He's got an interesting history. You should look him up, used to be a UK ambassador, spoke out about our involvement in torture and murder. Reputation trashed shortly afterwards.

He's got an interesting history. You should look him up, used to be a UK ambassador, spoke out about our involvement in torture and murder. Reputation trashed shortly afterwards.

That's true, but he still wouldn't allow antrin a vote in Indyref2...

[emoji2958][emoji2958][emoji2958]

Guest TPAFKATS
He's now tweeting that after publishing the article yesterday he's got the daily record investigating his finances and home.