Welcome Anders Dreyer

Sonny

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It seems that you want to complain and dig about everything but I'm not sure what the root of your problem with the club is.

What exactly is your problem?

Now I am waiting with baited breath - will we get a real answer OR no reply OR the usual nonsense?  :happyclapper

6 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

One in the eye for the Gus haters!

Let’s wait and see him in action first. Ryan Edwards looked good on a YouTube compilation!

ETA - Does look good on the face of things though. Good work from the club, here’s hoping

Edited by W6Saint

45 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Now I am waiting with baited breath - will we get a real answer OR no reply OR the usual nonsense?  :happyclapper

I think we'll get no reply but it's pretty clear he's deeply angry about something in relation to the club because he's been making almost nothing but smart arse comments and sideways swipes about everything related to our club for months now. Life is too short for this surely?

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

No he f**king didn't. :lol:

Most folk who watch Scottish football had seen Ryan Edwards quite a few times and already knew he was rotten. 

Strange post. In Edwards video he was scoring goals, making tackles, making late runs from midfield - all things we never seen in black and white. Fair to say he looked okay in his video. I myself had seen him before and said he was a horrendous player. Just as most people who had seen him would say the same BUT if all we had to go on was YouTube videos (like this signing) then he would’ve looked like an ok addition.

Less time on the internet for you and more time reading posts properly before responding in your usual arsey manner. Off you pop sir

7 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

Strange post. In Edwards video he was scoring goals, making tackles, making late runs from midfield - all things we never seen in black and white. Fair to say he looked okay in his video. I myself had seen him before and said he was a horrendous player. Just as most people who had seen him would say the same BUT if all we had to go on was YouTube videos (like this signing) then he would’ve looked like an ok addition.

Less time on the internet for you and more time reading posts properly before responding in your usual arsey manner. Off you pop sir

Someone has a bug up their arse about me. I don't even recall ever interacting with you, much less being arsey. :) 

27 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Someone has a bug up their arse about me. I don't even recall ever interacting with you, much less being arsey. :) 

I’m a forum user. I notice your general demeanour when posting, doesn’t actively bother me as you’re suggesting though. You replied to me with your thoughts and I responded with my thoughts.

2 hours ago, W6Saint said:

The Edwards video was 7 minutes long, and compiled from 2 or 3 seasons with Partick Thistle where every game would have been filmed. In hindsight it is amusing to read people cooing in wonder that a premiership midfielder could tackle an opponent and pass to a team mate (one of the occasional highlights in Edwards' youtube compilation)

8 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

FIFY   :spud6

Wendy Saints 8 hours ago, Wess said:     

Striker, centre half FB   and defensive midfielder please

7 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

What’s a centre half FB????

6 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

I was responding to a quote who was asking for a centre half.  I responded by putting a line through centre half and added FB (Full back instead)

But of course some full backs can also play centre back.   :bounce2

Love to pretend not to be smug about this - but we signed a FB who can play CB and a winger not quite a striker par se but not quite a non defensive midfielder either.

Striker to come - and we are on our way . . .    :ninja

3 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

The Edwards video was 7 minutes long, and compiled from 2 or 3 seasons with Partick Thistle where every game would have been filmed. In hindsight it is amusing to read people cooing in wonder that a premiership midfielder could tackle an opponent and pass to a team mate (one of the occasional highlights in Edwards' youtube compilation)

Just shows that you can polish a turd! The highlight of the pirates Saints career was probably clattering Kieran Tierney.

Dreyer looks like he could be a gem but we will wait and see,  A lot of it coming in off the left like Kyle McAllister, Midfield is going to be interesting with Tansey, McGinn, MCAllister, Lyons and Dreyer. If all play we will only have 1 up or if we sign another striker and go 2 up someone in midfield 5 above would miss out although could be Dreyer utilised as a second striker/10

22 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

I wasn't able to see the game. How was Dreyer? Can't have been easy dropping into the team 48 hours after arriving.

He had a few nice touches but  didnt get that involved and struggled to make an impact.

Given he's probably not even trained fully with us yet, id say its understandable.

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He had a few nice touches but  didnt get that involved and struggled to make an impact.

Given he's probably not even trained fully with us yet, id say its understandable.

I felt he struggled with the rough and tumble, Hibs were up for it and kicked everything above grass, it might be best to have him on the bench as an impact player until he fully adjusts. Looks great in the YouTube clip, but you can see why Brighton have put him out on loan. 

50 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

I wasn't able to see the game. How was Dreyer? Can't have been easy dropping into the team 48 hours after arriving.

To be fair he was anonymous for much of the game. Given that he'd just arrived it was not really fair to pitch him in - but due to the lack of fit players it was him or Flynn.

In hindsight playing Flynn would probably been better against Hibs, but looking longer term, it is a game under his belt to catch the pace of the game up here at this level.

So he looked nothing like a £2,000,000 signing - but it is very early days.  I do think he will pitch in once he gets up to speed . 

Money they spend down South, a £2 million signing is like a free transfer up here in relative terms. 

They think nothing at spending 5, 10,15 million and more on average and shite players. 

They are spending other people's money. 

And wasting it. 

4 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Smug about what?

I did not paste in all the predictions I made - but my track record is good and was acknowledged so by Spanking _ Panda. I did say :-

1) We would sign a FB who could play at CB too - Mateo has now signed within hours of my prediction. and he can do both these roles

2) I knew the winger was imminent and said so - I also said it was McA NOT Morgan and McAllister was announced a few hours later.

3) I put a line through another's post about a defensive midfielder cause I knew we were signing an attacking midfielder and we very soon after signed Andres - You may argue that he is a winger or a striker but he is definitely not a defensive midfielder. He played an attacking midfield role against Hibs yesterday.

4) When people were trying to figure out the name of A player with the letters, I let folk know that the mistake they were making was assuming that it was for one player. I also said that it was not for Murray and Carey as someone else predicted - and we signed Andres and Mateo shortly after...

5) Way back at the start I said we would offload 12 - 16 players when others were presuming far less (We have currently offloaded 16) - I also said we would bring in far more than the 4 or 5 some were quoting - We are currently at 8 with more to come...

I am sure there are other things too - but hope this is sufficient for you for now - if not you have a trawl yourself    :ninja

5 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I did not paste in all the predictions I made - but my track record is good and was acknowledged so by Spanking _ Panda. I did say :-

1) We would sign a FB who could play at CB too - Mateo has now signed within hours of my prediction. and he can do both these roles

2) I knew the winger was imminent and said so - I also said it was McA NOT Morgan and McAllister was announced a few hours later.

3) I put a line through another's post about a defensive midfielder cause I knew we were signing an attacking midfielder and we very soon after signed Andres - You may argue that he is a winger or a striker but he is definitely not a defensive midfielder. He played an attacking midfield role against Hibs yesterday.

4) When people were trying to figure out the name of A player with the letters, I let folk know that the mistake they were making was assuming that it was for one player. I also said that it was not for Murray and Carey as someone else predicted - and we signed Andres and Mateo shortly after...

5) Way back at the start I said we would offload 12 - 16 players when others were presuming far less (We have currently offloaded 16) - I also said we would bring in far more than the 4 or 5 some were quoting - We are currently at 8 with more to come...

I am sure there are other things too - but hope this is sufficient for you for now - if not you have a trawl yourself    :ninja

And to translate the above. 

Boring with the usual irrelevant emoticon. 

Zzzzzzzzzz 

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 12:59 AM, MenstrieSaint said:

We do look like we are putting together a team that on its day could s ore a few goals. And bearing in mind we have signed three fast attacking midfielders, a bit hard working experienced striker like Sammon might not be such a bad signing

Sammon could do a job for us, but I am hoping for better !  (Watch out though - I am being stalked by an imbecile - wonder how he did at school   m m m m)

:turtle

Edited by Sweeper07