Welcome Anders Dreyer

Sonny

Would love to see Anders back next season, had my doubts about him to begin with but soon as he settled you could see there’s a player there. Bit of a sore one for the team but mcallister is more than capable of stepping in, let’s just hope he stays injury free.

7 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Paul McGinn is playing in the position that Smith would have played in!

And Dundee United’s aspirations are irrelevant!

You told us at the start of the season that the only reason a Premiership club hadn’t signed Smith is because it was the end of the transfer window and all their squad’s were finalised.

This time round, the transfer window hasn’t even opened!

Go on, admit that you were wrong.... emoji1.png

How do you know? He could of changed the formation to suit the players, you’re making a claim you can’t possibly substantiate. 

They're not though are they? my point was I thought (opinion) Smith would do a job for us in the SP. A football manager with those aspirations for his club seems to agree.

Important thing here though is it’s just an opinion. Not sure why you have such an issue with someone having a different opinion from you. Is it because my opinion is backed with another great season & a football manager seemingly agreeing that he could do a job at a higher level? 

I said my opinion was most of clubs had likely finalised their squads and that’s why he dropped down. This time he’s signing for a club that will be aiming to play in the SP during those two years, a team that have potentially got the same/ higher wage power than most bottom six clubs. 

Does it bug you that yet again I’m absolutely not wrong? :rolleyes:

Just to clarify, you don’t think most teams will have close to complete squads at the end of transfer windows? :blink:

36 minutes ago, FTOF said:

We missed Dreyer yesterday.

We certainly did and with Flynn taken off we lost most of our creativity . . .

Need to battle hard in midfield next week and support the attack - picking up their clearances out side their box - shots on target and getting the breaks..

I still think we are a better side than Hamilton and they should be in the play-offs - a win next week makes it a possibility ... the win puts them in a worse place psychologically I think going into the last set of fixtures...

Edited by Sweeper07

11 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

We certainly did and with Flynn taken off we lost most of our creativity . . .

Need to battle hard in midfield next week and support the attack - picking up their clearances out side their box - shots on target and getting the breaks..

I still think we are a better side than Hamilton and they should be in the play-offs - a win next week makes it a possibility as I suppose does a draw... the win though puts them in a worse place psychologically I think going into the last set of fixtures...

We clearly haven't been over the course of the season and, no, a draw wouldn't be enough. We need to win to have any chance of avoiding eleventh.

3 hours ago, stlucifer said:

We clearly haven't been over the course of the season and, no, a draw wouldn't be enough. We need to win to have any chance of avoiding eleventh.

Yeah spotted my error and changed it about the same time you were highlighting it . . .

Edited by Sweeper07

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, FTOF said:

Given speculation regarding Dreyer on loan for next season, here's a bit from http://www.wearebrighton.com/newsopinion/five-under-23-players-who-might-get-a-chance-under-potter/

Capture.PNG

I read that and I think......what a bunch of uneducated, patronising, English cunts made worse by the fact it’s coming from some pissant, no mark team who are currently “riding high” by narrowly avoiding relegation from the EPL.

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I read that and I think......what a bunch of uneducated, patronising, English cunts made worse by the fact it’s coming from some pissant, no mark team who are currently “riding high” by narrowly avoiding relegation from the EPL.

Whereas we are a team that maintained our place in the world renowned SPL by penalties.  🤣

6 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Meh, like we should give any semblance of a f**k what Brighton fans think of us. 

We had exactly the same attitude towards Conference North/South level last season when picking guys up from there. 

Interestingly, they not only got the name of our ground incorrect but sarcastically called the name St. Mirren Park 'imaginative', whilst if we strip back their own sponsorship commitments, their ground is called Falmer Stadium as it's in the town of Falmer near Brighton. Similarly imaginative. :lol:

14 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Whereas we are a team that maintained our place in the world renowned SPL by penalties.  🤣

Aye but I’m no suggesting we’re bigshots either. Just that they have no right to be slagging any team off and are clearly suffering from very short memories. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

19 hours ago, eastlandssaint said:

He was playing (and starting) for the Danish u21s at the Euros, too - they finished 2nd in a tough group and were unlucky not to go through (just four teams from three groups qualify).

Edited by Magic Monkey