Stubbs breaks his Silence

NB18

1 hour ago, Jrok said:

I get that you are pro Stubbs and anti Oran, but we are comparing apples and oranges here.
Can't you just try and be a bit more of a st mirren fan and knock the negativity.
Or do you enjoy being a troll.

Neither pro one, nor anti the other. What i am is pro running the football club on an efficient, balanced and responsible basis, and not pissing hundrerds of thousands of pounds away because a few wee boys who were underperforming didnt get a hug when they were, underperforming.

a troll is someone who ceaselessly folows another persons post/contributions to simply pour scorn and abuse on. Which of us does that definition fit best?

4 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

In his post match interview JR was asked when planning for next season would begin, his answer was "last month", all this pretty much went on hold when Ipswich came in for Ross on May 11th. Despite a clearout by Ross the only two arrivals in May were Kellerman & P. McGinn  (both intended as fringe players IMO) throw in the departures of Davis & Reilly and you're looking at a period of over two months (nearer three if you accept JRs reply) before Stubbsy's first signings were announced  on June 21st.

A lot of the blame for our form this season lies with TF for not pursuing JRs targets more vigorously and TF/GLS for not having a successor for JR ready and for appointing a manager who not ready for the squad overhaul on his appointment.

Yeah people want to airbrush out the fact that Stubbs, as well as Ross and Oran inherited a shambles.

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Oran has one more back staff than Stubbs that's the first point. Second point Stubbs has pointed out we had no strategy for recruitment in place. Hello Gus the only extra backroom staff appointed brought in now to deal with recruitment. So don't understand point ? 

Surely a DoF relieves OK of some duties which makes  Jimmy Nicholl the superfluous body?

25 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

But according to who is he toxic? The whingeing players who went behind his back to the board, and social media, who are now playing their trade in the championship and league one etc..etc..?

Well, yeah. I mean, if you're such a dick that the players are taking that sort of action, then yeah... you're probably toxic. 

5 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Livi have the same side that won League One and they have supplemented it with 2 Patrick Thistle rejects.

Meanwhile we had 1 regular from last season’s side starting on Saturday.

The real problem is that the foundations of our promotion were built on sand.

Attempting to completely rebuild a squad after promotion was always going to be a struggle.

To then have the manager walk out on us after a significant portion of the close season was gone then dither in the appointment of a replacement compounded matters.

For the BoD to then appoint a manager and then sack him after 4 games was madness.

I'd say if we still had last season's squad playing for us now we'd have more points and be better off than we are now.

I'd say if we still had last season's squad playing for us now we'd have more points and be better off than we are now.
Awful lot of whataboutary , if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.
Facts remain
Ross manager of Sunderland
Stubbs sacked
Kearney manger of St Mirren lets get behind him and the team.

7 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Well, yeah. I mean, if you're such a dick that the players are taking that sort of action, then yeah... you're probably toxic. 

So the underperforming players, who openly broke the confidence of the dressing room are completely blameless? C'mon...!

they've been sidelined and rejected by three managers now, hasnt the penny dropped?

Guest TPAFKATS
So we dont employ Jimmy Nicholl, or Junior Mendes? Come, come young man.

Ffs, junior replaced a guy who we had already employed in that post. Nicholl replaced a football agent who Stubbs insisted we employ as a coach. He had been a replacement for Fowler

2 hours ago, Desnold said:

1. Ross inherited a sh!t storm.

Ross inherited Naismith, Mallan, Morgan,McAllister, Hardrie, Shankland & Baird.

2 of them are in the current side and the other 4 would walk into the current side. That's 60% of the outfield side.... and we were in a lower league.

With players at his disposal, JR performed very poorly before the transfer window that season.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

So the underperforming players, who openly broke the confidence of the dressing room are completely blameless? C'mon...!

they've been sidelined and rejected by three managers now, hasnt the penny dropped?

Where did I say they were blameless? It's not a case of the penny dropping. The players you mention have been sidelined or released. They were shite/not good enough for this league. On that, Stubbs was probably correct. However, his own transfers were then horrendous, and he was/is a c**t who was only going to alienate fans and players even more.

16 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Ross inherited Naismith, Mallan, Morgan,McAllister, Hardrie, Shankland & Baird.

2 of them are in the current side and the other 4 would walk into the current side. That's 60% of the outfield side.... and we were in a lower league.

With players at his disposal, JR performed very poorly before the transfer window that season.

At the time JR came in they wouldn't have got a game for a league 2 reserve side. We were adrift at the bottom of the Championship if you remember. 2 points behind Dumbarton, 3 behind Dunfermline, 4 behind Ayr, 5 behind Morton, 8 behind Dundee Utd, 9 behind Raith Rovers, 10 behind Falkirk, 13 behind Hibs and 14 behind QoS, and we had only played 8 games!!!

18 minutes ago, Desnold said:

At the time JR came in they wouldn't have got a game for a league 2 reserve side. We were adrift at the bottom of the Championship if you remember. 2 points behind Dumbarton, 3 behind Dunfermline, 4 behind Ayr, 5 behind Morton, 8 behind Dundee Utd, 9 behind Raith Rovers, 10 behind Falkirk, 13 behind Hibs and 14 behind QoS, and we had only played 8 games!!!

The fact that Alex Rae underperformed with a squad that contained 6 players who are either in the current side or would walk into it, is irrelevant!

Kilmarnock were adrift at the bottom of the Premiership last season before Steve Clarke arrived and he turned it around with the same players!

1 minute ago, Wendy Saintss said:

The fact that Alex Rae underperformed with a squad that contained 6 players who are either in the current side or would walk into it, is irrelevant!

Kilmarnock were adrift at the bottom of the Premiership last season before Steve Clarke arrived and he turned it around with the same players!

As good as they are now, they weren't then. I don't think it is irrelevant that they were underperforming with Alex Rae. The next 14 games after he left we only picked up 9 points. 

As good as they are now, they weren't then. I don't think it is irrelevant that they were underperforming with Alex Rae. The next 14 games after he left we only picked up 9 points. 

It is irrelevant!

They were and are quality players. It was up to JR to make them perform!

Your last sentence highlights what a bad job JR did with them.

Oh, and I forgot. He also inherited Magennis and Mackenzie!

8 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

I didn't say that had only signed 2 players!

However, 8 of Livi's starting XI on Saturday were with them in League One. 2 of the other 3 are Partick Thistle rejects while the third is only in the side because a Jack Ross reject wasn't available!

And what did the manager do after talking to Sunderland? He walked out! :1eye

We won the league on 14th April. Jack Ross walked out on 25 May. New season started on 13 July. That's 46% of the close season gone! You don't think that's a significant porion? :lol: :1eye

Stubbs was appointed 8 June. He had 38% of the close season left. I'd say that quite a significant portion of the close season was wasted! :1eye

Not really sure of the relevance of players being away on holiday, contracts, etc! Does that stop a manager from planning and trying to sign players?

You say that contracts ran out in July or 1 June at the earliest? Well, when exactly is it? Or have you just made that up?

You do realise that you can sign players on pre contract before their current contract expires?

My oh my, you don’t half blabber nonsense to suit your agenda.

Jack left the club - this happens regularly in football - the club knew he was likely to go, hardly a surprise. 

The transfer window runs intil August 31st - Stubbs had ample time to recruit. He made a mess of it. Nice twisting to suit your agenda though. 

Outside of the big leagues clubs do not sign players when they’re on the beach you muppet!

Some players’ contracts expire at the start of June, some July - depends on the league. Then again you know f**k all about football so this isn’t surprising you’re unaware of this.

Yes, very well aware! Both Kellerman and McGinn were on PCA’s.

ETA - Your posts need more ‘:1eye’ - makes you sound like you know what you’re doing you know!

Edited by W6Saint

19 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

One wonders what this debate is going to move St Mirren football club forward to staying in the top league.

We should look at now not yesterday.

This is what folk do on the forum when there is no good news and we are not winning lots. . . round and round the same arguments from the past...

You keep the faith though - progress over the next few months - we will land above Hamilton and Dee. . . .

Edited by Sweeper07

5 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

One wonders what this debate is going to move St Mirren football club forward to staying in the top league.

We should look at now not yesterday.

There's nothing that is said on this forum that would make a difference, one way or another. Most of it is hindsight and speculation. No harm in either. I'm sure most are concerned with what comes next but cannot affect the outcome. Those who are lucky enough to guess right will laud over those who weren't so fortunate. It's the forum's way.

Stubbs was a disaster but he wasn't the only one culpable. He certainly didn't cover himself with glory with his replacements for those he deemed not good enough. His choice of bedfellows in the dugout was less than extraordinary. His interaction with those around him appears to have been substandard. GLS and TF MUST take some of the blame.

I would ask, why are some quoting Stubbs sacked after 4 games? HE WASN'T.

But. Time will tell re, OK. I'm still on the fence. I am with those who were concerned by the lack of reaction to the changes Hibs made. It's all good and well saying he didn't have much on the bench but there was no indication he knew what to do.

3 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

It is irrelevant!

They were and are quality players. It was up to JR to make them perform!

Your last sentence highlights what a bad job JR did with them.

Oh, and I forgot. He also inherited Magennis and Mackenzie!

Going back to the point of my original post, OK can go on and do what JR did.

As I said, the futures bright, the futures Oran 

Neither pro one, nor anti the other. What i am is pro running the football club on an efficient, balanced and responsible basis, and not pissing hundrerds of thousands of pounds away because a few wee boys who were underperforming didnt get a hug when they were, underperforming.
a troll is someone who ceaselessly folows another persons post/contributions to simply pour scorn and abuse on. Which of us does that definition fit best?
Troll

a person who makes a deliberately offensive or provocative online post.

14 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I would ask, why are some quoting Stubbs sacked after 4 games? HE WASN'T.

The people that say that fall into one of 3 categories.

1) thick khunts who read it in the Daily Record or heard Stubbs’ pals say it on BT Sport.

2) Trolls

3) Both of the above.

The majority fall into category 3. 

:thumbs2

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2