Stubbs breaks his Silence

NB18

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

If that is the definition of a troll you are going to use you should maybe give up adult life and take up fine embroidery by candlelight as an alternative hobby.

In fairness Oaky, apart from the wee guys that live under bridges in Scandinavia, I think that is pretty much the definition of “troll” in an online capacity. 

58 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I see posts (mine incl) referencing Stubbs being sacked after four league games, after a quick scan, the only posts i can see mentioning him being sacked after only four games are from posters asking why people keep suggesting he was sacked after only four games?

its a funny old game.

That is incorrect. The most rudimentary 30 second search shows Wendy Saints saying it at least 4 times in the January Arrivals thread and at least once in the Cammy Smith and January Exits thread.

Anyone sad enough to spend any more than 30 seconds searching I’m sure would find many more. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

5 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

That is incorrect. The most rudimentary 30 second search shows Wendy Saints saying it at least 4 times in the January Arrivals thread and at least once in the Cammy Smith and January Exits thread.

Anyone sad enough to spend any more than 30 seconds searching I’m sure would find many more. 

How do you search?

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 9:03 AM, Wendy Saintss said:

Livi have the same side that won League One and they have supplemented it with 2 Patrick Thistle rejects.

Meanwhile we had 1 regular from last season’s side starting on Saturday.

The real problem is that the foundations of our promotion were built on sand.

Attempting to completely rebuild a squad after promotion was always going to be a struggle.

To then have the manager walk out on us after a significant portion of the close season was gone then dither in the appointment of a replacement compounded matters.

For the BoD to then appoint a manager and then sack him after 4 games was madness.

6 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I see posts (mine incl) referencing Stubbs being sacked after four league games, after a quick scan, the only posts i can see mentioning him being sacked after only four games are from posters asking why people keep suggesting he was sacked after only four games?

its a funny old game.

Maybe it was too quick a scan or, perhaps more likely, the post I quote doesn't suit your agenda.

6 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

In fairness Oaky, apart from the wee guys that live under bridges in Scandinavia, I think that is pretty much the definition of “troll” in an online capacity. 

I think you are right but it loses its meaning when you make it so vague.

We live in a world where people both cannot accept others have  a difference of opinion and indulge in mass offence-taking. Neither of these two things is an issue for the "troll" who literally couldn't give a f**k what people think. It's for people like Jrok to either grow up a bit and find some backbone or find another hobby IMO. Whining about the world being full of nasty people is not exactly going to get him anywhere :lol:.

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 1:59 PM, Lord Pityme said:

Oran apparently has the worst record of any St Mirren manager already ffs. He's been given time and money, yet we sit in the automatic relegation spot. He has lost four games from a winning postion at half time, his tactics and general naivety have cost us points we could not afford to lose. If we are relegated it will sit squarely with him.

didn't Jack Ross also have that record at one point.

6 hours ago, Jrok said:
7 hours ago, oaksoft said:
If that is the definition of a troll you are going to use you should maybe give up adult life and take up fine embroidery by candlelight as an alternative hobby.

Why are you chiming in ?

Because I want to, it's a public forum and I'm under no obligation to gain your prior approval before doing so. Does that answer your ridiculous question?

Edited by oaksoft

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 12:08 PM, Wendy Saintss said:

Only McGinn and Baird from last season’s side were in yesterday’s starting line up and Baird wasn’t even first choice. Only Flynn on the bench.

So Stubbs was right. More or less everyone he inherited was hopeless!

8 of Livi’s starting line up on Saturday were in their team that won LEAGUE ONE.

So, not even just the same side as last season but from 2 seasons ago when they were 2 divisions below where they are now!

Saints fans are jumping up and down about Stubbs’ recruitment and looking for us to sign 9 or 10 players this window again.

Yet Livi have managed to get where they are despite only signing a handful of players in 2 years!

And that's the point, properly motivated, properly organised, played in their proper position,  more of the promotion team could have done a job.

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 2:21 PM, Jack the lad said:

I'd say if we still had last season's squad playing for us now we'd have more points and be better off than we are now.

We couldn't get Morgan, Reilly or Davis to stay. We would have to strenghten but.  We could have picked up Liam Smith, We could have kept Stellios  Great players? No but as good or better than some of the options we've played out there. We could have kept Ross Stewart Again not great but better than King, or Cooke. If fit Eckersley and Mckenzie would have walked into our squad.

So realistically without any strenghtening

Sammy

Smith          Baird            McKenzie            Ekersely

Mc Ginn    Mcgennis    McGinn                 Flynn

Smith

Stewart

We have had more points, but probably not many more.  Not with out some strengthening.

12 minutes ago, insaintee said:

We couldn't get Morgan, Reilly or Davis to stay. We would have to strenghten but.  We could have picked up Liam Smith, We could have kept Stellios  Great players? No but as good or better than some of the options we've played out there. We could have kept Ross Stewart Again not great but better than King, or Cooke. If fit Eckersley and Mckenzie would have walked into our squad.

So realistically without any strengthening

Sammy

Smith          Baird            McKenzie            Ekersely

Mc Ginn    Mcgennis    McGinn                 Flynn

Smith

Stewart

We have had more points, but probably not many more.  Not with out some strengthening.

I really get your passion - but Eckers and MAcK have not been fit all season so far. Magennis has not managed many games either.

Flynn has played a few games but he is not really the quality we need for the 1st team - at best a squad player.

Sammy left to pursue his future mid-way through the season

C Smith found it hard to get games under both our new managers and when he did he produced very little all this season and that is why he is away. 

Stewart is definitely better than King - but think he is playing more regularly at his level right now - he might kick on - but he was not quite there yet for us this season.

Liam Smith was great going forward but less convincing at time when defending - a couple of games last year he cost us 2 goals in 2 matches.

Sorry I have dismantled your team - but that is exactly what Oran has done - JR may have been more sentimental with guys who had worked for him - but Stubbs was utterly useless. After the double mess the BOD took emergency essential action.

This is why we have had the biggest Transfer window ever [out and in combined] (is it not?) and basically a new team brought in - 8 and still counting.

This is about the Strengthening - now the time to produce more points for the 2nd half of the season.

25 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Or thats the first time i've seen it? And how many other posters are suggesting the same?

So you were scanning too quickly and you were wrong in your assumption that, "the only posts I can see mentioning him being sacked after only four games are from posters asking why people keep suggesting he was sacked after only four games".

Edited by stlucifer

Just now, stlucifer said:

So you were scanning too quickly and you were wrong in your statement that, "the only posts I can see mentioning him being sacked after only four games are from posters asking why people keep suggesting he was sacked after only four games".

Well if you put it like that i was both open, and honest! 

Isnt that a refreshing approach for on here, rather than the eternal, tedious quest for oneupmanship?

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Well if you put it like that i was both open, and honest! 

Isnt that a refreshing approach for on here, rather than the eternal, tedious quest for oneupmanship?

Yes. And it is.

ETA.

I WIN!:P

Edited by stlucifer

On 1/29/2019 at 12:52 PM, W6Saint said:

They signed more than 2 players.

If we attempted what Livi done the fans would’ve been up in arms about keeping lower league players.

The manager hardly walked out - the club allowed him to talk to a massive club. Nor was it after a significant portion of the close season was gone. The season had been finished a few of weeks - most players were away on holiday and the majority’s contracts ran out in July or at the earliest June 1st.

When exactly were we to keep Stubbs till? The truth will come out about the decision to bag him eventually. That aside though, his recruitment was a good enough reason.

Don’t let facts get in the way of being tedious though.

In point of fact Jack Ross did walk out. The chairman and CEO at St Mirren knew heehaw about Jack Ross speaking with Sunderland until after Sunderland were telling people they were ready to announce their new manager and it was a guy called Jack Ross... hence why GLS mentioned skulduggerry being afoot if there was any truth to the story.  The club were told it was happening after the deal was already agreed and all that was left to discuss with us was compensation and what would happen with James Fowler.

4 minutes ago, Jack the lad said:

He's in the press saying, "Hibs only need to phone if they want him back"!!!!

Oh please.:D

It probably the only job going that he's got a chance of getting. His Cup success will still be fondly remembered over Leith way.

20 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

I really get your passion - but Eckers and MAcK have not been fit all season so far. Magennis has not managed many games either.

Flynn has played a few games but he is not really the quality we need for the 1st team - at best a squad player.

Sammy left to pursue his future mid-way through the season

C Smith found it hard to get games under both our new managers and when he did he produced very little all this season and that is why he is away. 

Stewart is definitely better than King - but think he is playing more regularly at his level right now - he might kick on - but he was not quite there yet for us this season.

Liam Smith was great going forward but less convincing at time when defending - a couple of games last year he cost us 2 goals in 2 matches.

Sorry I have dismantled your team - but that is exactly what Oran has done - JR may have been more sentimental with guys who had worked for him - but Stubbs was utterly useless. After the double mess the BOD took emergency essential action.

This is why we have had the biggest Transfer window ever [out and in combined] (is it not?) and basically a new team brought in - 8 and still counting.

This is about the Strengthening - now the time to produce more points for the 2nd half of the season.

Yeah that was kind of my point.  That we essentually could not play last seasons team for a varity of reasons and that what we were left with would at least struggle as much as the current crop, but not much more and it would certainly have been cheaper

21 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Well he has managed to go down even further in my estimation

Pass the bucket !!!

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47062172

Happened to hear Stubbs slabbering on and on last night during a sports segment on radio about Hibs , St Mirren and his ambitions  et al. Conveniently pretty much air brushed the whole Rotherham debacle out of the conversation., a debacle he repeated at St Mirren. Basically slated St Mirren for expressing ambition and not giving him the budget of a top six club. Then basically expressed his admiration for Leanne, ffs.

Suggested he could lob grenades into the St  Mirren back story, shame officials etc.  but wanted to keep his class , counsel and moral high ground.

What a puerile interview that was. Stubbs is utterly feckin deluded.

Happened to hear Stubbs slabbering on and on last night during a sports segment on radio about Hibs , St Mirren and his ambitions  et al. Conveniently pretty much air brushed the whole Rotherham debacle out of the conversation., a debacle he repeated at St Mirren. Basically slated St Mirren for expressing ambition and not giving him the budget of a top six club. Then basically expressed his admiration for Leanne, ffs.
Suggested he could lob grenades into the St  Mirren back story, shame officials etc.  but wanted to keep his class , counsel and moral high ground.
What a puerile interview that was. Stubbs is utterly feckin deluded.

Yeah heard it. Was interesting to hear Neil McCann come out and back St Mirren after the interview and to a lesser extent Ian McCall.