Stubbs breaks his Silence

NB18

• 3 months later...

Alan Stubbs, sacked by St Mirren after four league games, claims Buddies chairman Gordon Scott and chief executive Tony Fitzpatrick had their "head in the clouds" after they publicly targeted a top-six finish this season. (Sun)

Aye they might very well have had their heads in the clouds when they appointed Stubbs and had those aspirations.

It seems though that his target was to get us relegated, sign duds and get a pay off for him and his cronies...  😭

2 hours ago, shetland said:

Oh please keep up, Uncle Colm. 

As well as you being abusive, bland and boring, you're also not very bright. 

Plus you're doing a pish job at ignoring myself, big cuz, Wendy, Stretch, Faraway and a couple of others. 

You cannot get enough of us all and you read every post along with your sidekicks, the Village Idiot and Jobbee. 

Has the Forum woke up yet after your coma inducing posts in General Nonsense last night ? 

Zzzzzzzweeper07 

FFS what do I need to do to get into the gang of Uncle Colm, the Village Idiot and Jobbee? I crave that status.

By the way, just for clarity, who is the Village Idiot again? Wait a minute......it’s no me is it?

35 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

FFS what do I need to do to get into the gang of Uncle Colm, the Village Idiot and Jobbee? I crave that status.

By the way, just for clarity, who is the Village Idiot again? Wait a minute......it’s no me is it?

The Village Idiot is Doug Jamie I believe.

On 5/23/2019 at 10:44 AM, Sweeper07 said:

Alan Stubbs, sacked by St Mirren after four league games, claims Buddies chairman Gordon Scott and chief executive Tony Fitzpatrick had their "head in the clouds" after they publicly targeted a top-six finish this season. (Sun)

Aye they might very well have had their heads in the clouds when they appointed Stubbs and had those aspirations.

It seems though that his target was to get us relegated, sign duds and get a pay off for him and his cronies...  😭

Alan Stubbs speaking about his ambitions for St Mirren back when he took the job in June 2018 - apparently Gordon "head in the clouds" Scott wasn't as ambitious or confident as Stubbs was back then... (interview withBT Sport: http://sport.bt.com/football/alan-stubbs-delighted-to-return-to-management-with-st-mirren-S11364277306653) - also note that at this point Stubbs was talking about building on a successful team inherited from Jack Ross and not coming away with his 'St Mirren only had 3 players good enough to play in the premiership' rubbish he has come out with since his dismissal for being a rubbish football manager:

"But while chairman Gordon Scott would be happy with a survival fight as long as Stubbs maintains the attacking brand of football he employed at Hibs, the new man is setting his sights higher.

Stubbs – who beat big-name candidates like Guti and Patrick Kluivert to land his new post – said: “It’s not very often you get a job with a team that’s just been promoted and we want to build on the feel-good factor

“Jack’s done a really good job here but it’s my job now to take that on and be even better.

“That’s an exciting challenge. There’s no doubt we’ll have to improve the squad but I’m not really thinking about ‘just keeping us in the league’. I don’t just want us to be keeping our heads above water.

“I’m not just going to say 10th is the target because it doesn’t feel like something I should be saying. We want to finish as high as we possibly can.”