St Mirren v Motherwell 6th Feb 2019

St.Ricky

1 hour ago, Jack the lad said:

It will be busy around the drawing board and then on the training pitch today, at least it should be!

Lots of formations to try out on the pitch. Fitness training for two or three perhaps.  Will no doubt be looking at Motherwell and their game at the weekend.

13 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

I can understand where you are coming from Tansey was at fault in a couple of the NON - penalties and lost his man a number of times - I too was not impressed with Lyons in this one either. But Erhahon gave away the 1st and that set the ball rolling - He stood off too much at times also and was posted missing on a number of occasions - look at their 4th Morelos is coming in on his side and standing on his own..

Neither you nor I get to pick the team - but hopefully Motherwell will be a less tough gig that Sevco.

I think Dreyer and McAllister are more attack minded than Tansey - it might be that P. McGinn, who is also less attack minded goes into the midfield and Corbu plays RB.

Like you though I would like to see Erhahon getting some games in the middle of the park . . . not sure if this week is the time for it though - we will see.  :spud6

Erahon is a wee boy who has been hung out to dry playing at left back....is P McGinn not suspended for Wed night?

28 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

Erahon is a wee boy who has been hung out to dry playing at left back....is P McGinn not suspended for Wed night?

Erhahon is a strong and talented young man - not a wee boy, but I agree that playing him as a LB is really unfair. I have to say that under the circumstances I really admire Oran doing this though - think on the experience Erhahon has gained. He has scored a 1st senior goal etc.

But he has played LB well at times, it is just that he is caught up the park too often and the player he should be marking is free when the opposition break.  This is more than Erhahon problem though - His RM needs to see that as part of his duties and our captain and the central defenders need to sort this too...

I don't know about Paul - I take it he is suspended on points for the number of bookings ? ? ? Where can you see this? 

10 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Erhahon is a strong and talented young man - not a wee boy, but I agree that playing him as a LB is really unfair. I have to say that under the circumstances I really admire Oran doing this though - think on the experience Erhahon has gained. He has scored a 1st senior goal etc.

But he has played LB well at times, it is just that he is caught up the park too often and the player he should be marking is free when the opposition break.  This is more than Erhahon problem though - His RM needs to see that as part of his duties and our captain and the central defenders need to sort this too...

I don't know about Paul - I take it he is suspended on points for the number of bookings ? ? ? Where can you see this? 

Don't think he is suspended. OK mentioned it in his post Dallas interview.

On 1/29/2019 at 8:12 AM, St.Ricky said:

Our first home game post transfer window.  A chance to see Oran Kearney's new look Saints team and an opportunity to pick up some points. 

It's good to see discussions on who should be in the team for this one rather than who can make up the numbers. 

Looks like there is no argument about who should be in goals despite losing 11 goals in 3 games.  It's not often we would feel like that but Hladky. Is a good keeper. 

On 2/4/2019 at 9:42 AM, Sweeper07 said:

He is a wee boy..hes no long turned 17 and thrown in and hung out to dry..can't help but feel sorry for him...on talking to him he's a cracking lad as well..

11 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I'm afraid there just isn't time.

If we lose this next game we could be 5 points adrift of 11th.

It's now bud. Right now.

I understand why you are stating this. It would be a huge blow to fall further behind. A win against Well would be a huge lift. Yet even a point against Well could lift us a wee bit - and IF we win against Livi we could still be above our 2 rivals . .. 

At this stage it looks unlikely we could knock off 2 or 3 wins in a row -but we have surely not seen the best of the players we now have .  .   . :spud7

9 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I understand why you are stating this. It would be a huge blow to fall further behind. A win against Well would be a huge lift. Yet even a point against Well could lift us a wee bit - and IF we win against Livi we could still be above our 2 rivals . .. 

At this stage it looks unlikely we could knock off 2 or 3 wins in a row -but we have surely not seen the best of the players we now have .  .   . :spud7

Hope the new boys click together on the night a win would be a peace of magic. 

12 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I'm afraid there just isn't time.

If we lose this next game we could be 5 points adrift of 11th.

It's now bud. Right now.

This 100% - Wed is our Ayr Utd moment for this season. We are running out of games we can realistically expect to win and this is one despite them being in a real purple patch. It's now or never.

Anyone else think we should just go all out attack? Home game, beat them last time, big crowd behind us... 4-3-3

Hladky

Corbu      Popescu      Baird      Muzek

P. McGinn     S.McGinn     Lyons

McAllister   Duck    Dreyer

Subs: Holmes, Ferdinand, Erhahon, Tansey, Flynn, Jackson, Mullen

7 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Anyone else think we should just go all out attack? Home game, beat them last time, big crowd behind us... 4-3-3

Hladky

And perhaps win 4...3 ?

Team for the well Game
                                                                                                                              Hladky
(Should be)  Corbu (But it will be P. McGinn)                             Popescu       Baird                  Muzek
                                                                                            McAllister        S. McGinn    Tansey          Lyons
                                                                                                                    Jackson                 Nazon 

Score    Saints 2  v 1   goals by Jackson and Nazon

Agree but think Lyons will score instead of Jackson.

4 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 10:00 PM, Sweeper07 said:
Team for the well Game
                                                                                                                              Hladky
(Should be)  Corbu (But it will be P. McGinn)                             Popescu       Baird                  Muzek
                                                                                            McAllister        S. McGinn    Tansey          Lyons
                                                                                                                    Jackson                 Nazon 

Score    Saints 2  v 1   goals by Jackson and Nazon

Agree but think Lyons will score instead of Jackson.

As long as its for us - I'd be more than happy with that . . . :D

33 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Hladky

Why would you possibly put P McGinn in the side? A bang average player..get him out and Nazon in...and Lyons out for Erhahon...Lyons has showed absolutely nothing to merit a place..

Edited by gstretchuk

1 minute ago, gstretchuk said:

Why would you possibly put P McGinn in the side? A bang average player..get him out and Nazon in...

Nazon is in there, he is Duck

McGinn is decent at retaining the ball, think he would be good next to his brother with McAllister ahead of them