St Mirren v Motherwell 6th Feb 2019

St.Ricky

Anyone else think we should just go all out attack? Home game, beat them last time, big crowd behind us... 4-3-3

Hladky

Corbu      Popescu      Baird      Muzek

P. McGinn     S.McGinn     Lyons

McAllister   Duck    Dreyer

Subs: Holmes, Ferdinand, Erhahon, Tansey, Flynn, Jackson, Mullen

Never gonna be that team.

26 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
1 hour ago, Doakes said:
Anyone else think we should just go all out attack? Home game, beat them last time, big crowd behind us... 4-3-3

Hladky

I agree - so what team do you think will play? 

3 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:
4 hours ago, Doakes said:

Hladky

Not saying it is tbf, speculating on what I would go with 

4-3-3 would be a good formation at home, can revert to 4-5-1 easily when defending. Similar to what a lot of clubs down south are doing at the moment 

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

Not saying it is tbf, speculating on what I would go with 

4-3-3 would be a good formation at home, can revert to 4-5-1 easily when defending. Similar to what a lot of clubs down south are doing at the moment 

Not a bad shout Doakes. We will need to be able to adapt during the game from attack to defence more effectively than we have this season so far. As to the players involved....I'll leave that to OK but it's great to be able to have this debate with sound alternative choices. 

37 minutes ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

Another huge game for us again tomorrow. Seem to be saying that a lot recently and we haven't really responded.

Motherwell on fire, we are in doldrums so need a bit of magic from somewhere.

COYS!

Hoping this is the game that one or two get their 1st Saints goal (s)  for us   The Duck, Dreyer, Lyons, Tansey, Popescu

Take your pick ?  As long as we are 1 more than Well I will be jumping . . . :guinness

5 hours ago, st jock said:

Biggest game for us since Ayr away 2 seasons ago when Sutton scored. Expecting a win for The Saints. 2.0

No reason to differ but every match this season from now on is vital if we are to stay up. But...a Home game gives is a platform to build on.

1 hour ago, Jack the lad said:

I'd expect Anton and Jack to look after Main it's our problem of not tracking midfield runners that bothers me.

Yes indeed. The lad Hastie looks as if he could push on in a scrum. That is why I think P. McGinn will be at RM to defend his forays forward.

Turnbull too looks a real talent - I think Tansey will be on him... :spud7

10 hours ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

Another huge game for us again tomorrow. Seem to be saying that a lot recently and we haven't really responded.

Motherwell on fire, we are in doldrums so need a bit of magic from somewhere.

COYS! 

This is a big 3 points at stake tonight. We recently did not get the results often enough full stop, but also in these kind of matches. But we did beat them last time out and the new team must be mentally fed for this by Oran and the coaching over the last few days.

I am not sure we will get the result tonight - even if we don't I don't think it is game over. But if we do, the psychological effect on us, and against Dee and the Hammers would be fabulous.

Really hoping we click and they have an off night - we move up 2 places in the league and shout game on - and we smell the fear of our rivals. . . :spud6

24 minutes ago, elvis said:

There is no argument it's simply because we are crap. If you can't see that you must be a blind man 

While you may be right Elvis, it would take a crystal ball to KNOW this as we have almost an entirely different team.

I personally hope you're so far of the mark you'll need an atlas to find it again.

35 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

While you may be right Elvis, it would take a crystal ball to KNOW this as we have almost an entirely different team.

I personally hope you're so far of the mark you'll need an atlas to find it again.

And so do I .I can assure you .

2 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

This game is absolutely massive for us. Biggest game of the season. 

For Motherwell it's just another run of the mill game. They won't be involved in the relegation fight and they know that. 

If we can't win in a situation like this we are in big trouble.

2-1 Saints. 

Yep. Looking forward to this one. Huge game under the floodlights - COYS.