St Mirren v Motherwell 6th Feb 2019

St.Ricky

4 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
12 minutes ago, DougJamie said:
Yes but in sport motivation comes from winning. If Well score our heads will drop............. if they equalise are heads will drop. Saw with my own eyes at quite a few of our home games. Fear is not really a motivator . Lets not also forget our players are just through the door. The Well manager said today Oran will turn it around given time. He may do so. Losing is a horrible habit and just now 3 teams are doing just that.................. we win , we make a mark, Dundee play a Killie team that have just lost, Accies are playing Fakes who have just lost 2 games on bounce................... tonight odds are we may well be further behind, thats pressure. Lets not also forget after that joke on Saturday the players will be scared to touch opposition in the pen area. I also scared the referees tend to support each other.
Going tonight I expect us to lose but I am in it for the long term. We survive or fail from this disaster we  learn from it..................
PS I really hope we can win but cant see it, unless Dreyer and the Duck are finds of the season. Tansey is a liability so far 

If motivation comes from winning, the same teams folk would always win and no one new would come through. That clearly isn't the case.

I think you know the point being made is that winning builds confidence whilst losing does the opposite. Fear can then make it harder to perform to your best. That's the cycle that OK has to crack and can only do so by the, not so simple expedient, of winning a few games in a row. 

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I think you know the point being made is that winning builds confidence whilst losing does the opposite. Fear can then make it harder to perform to your best. That's the cycle that OK has to crack and can only do so by the, not so simple expedient, of winning a few games in a row. 

The model is there for us - JR inherited sh*t - we were heading to relegation - new team of players in - we survived and had a total change from defeats all the time to wins almost all the time - following season we were the best in that League - Guys like McGinn and Baird were part of that - Oran should use them to share what transformation really feels like and how fear becomes winning motivation . . .   :guinness

3 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
5 minutes ago, DougJamie said:
Look at the top of League tables over the last few years then reconsider that post:whistle

So you were only talking about football? Is it all league tables or just the ones where the best resourced team continually wins?

Its a football forum mate or hadnt you noticed :wink: Fakes won 6 away matches on Bounce, Well won last 3 as have Hearts and they will win tonight against Livi who have lost last 5. I not saying sequences cant be broken but yes in the main winning gives onfidence boosts performances . 

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

The model is there for us - JR inherited sh*t - we were heading to relegation - new team of players in - we survived and had a total change from defeats all the time to wins almost all the time - following season we were the best in that League - Guys like McGinn and Baird were part of that - Oran should use them to share what transformation really feels like and how fear becomes winning motivation . . .   :guinness

No disagreement from me. The new guys don't have the "baggage" of what went before. Their goals, aims and objectives are different. Most will see this as an opportunity, not a threat. That can make a world of difference.

6 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I agree

So Oran must know by now what doesnt work ie sitting back, defending really deep, lack of pace, no front man, and bad decisions made at key times, not picking up runners. Easy to write hard to fix, but we must be in their faces tonight and get some shots off. First 45 v Hibs for 90 mins we will win, anything short its defeat 19/25 means we will have lost 76% of our matches, we cant stay up with that ratio even with Accies and Dundee

Just now, Cornwall_Saint said:

Saints 3-3 Motherwell

Jackson, McAllister, Nazon to score

I would take that! 6 Goals under the lights!

Will be leaving for Paisley shortly.

Usual check list.

Scarf .....Check

Gloves...Check

Bunnet..Check

Season Ticket..Check

Parking Ticket..Check

Come on ye Saints!

Guest TPAFKATS
Its a football forum mate or hadnt you noticed :wink: Fakes won 6 away matches on Bounce, Well won last 3 as have Hearts and they will win tonight against Livi who have lost last 5. I not saying sequences cant be broken but yes in the main winning gives onfidence boosts performances . 
Yes winning gives confidence and may help performances. If you'd said that originally... [emoji6]

No surprise to see Tansey dropped, bit disappinted McAllister not starting, although it's positive to see 2 up front! Looks like a 5-3-2 with wing backs

Hladky

Baird Popescu Ferdinand

P. McGinn                                            Muzek

Lyons McGinn Dreyer

Jackson Nazon

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

I would take that! 6 Goals under the lights!

Will be leaving for Paisley shortly.

Usual check list.

Scarf .....Check

Gloves...Check

Bunnet..Check

Season Ticket..Check

Parking Ticket..Check

Come on ye Saints!

Decided no to go..no motivation whatsoever to go tonight..season ticket has been a total waste of time this year..canny be bothered when it comes to game time..

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

No I'm not sure it's that simple. Confidence comes from within the individual. You can be winning games but have half your team lacking in confidence. In particular, a winning team will have unhappy fringe players lacking in confidence. It waxes and wanes like every other emotion. Fear certainly CAN be a source of motivation. So can winning obviously. I remember a French team manager showing his players a video of their families and kids saying supportive things to them on screen. The team subsequently went out and ended up 2 goals down before finding something and winning 3-2. Very dodgy technique that one. It wouldn't work with me - I'd be furious with the manager for pulling a stunt like that but for others it might do the trick.

It's an elusive elixir and not a single person out there knows how to make it a more reliable commodity.

2 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

Decided no to go..no motivation whatsoever to go tonight..season ticket has been a total waste of time this year..canny be bothered when it comes to game time..

Get to the game! You'll be gutted if you miss a 4-3 win :lol: 

9 minutes ago, Doakes said:

No surprise to see Tansey dropped, bit disappinted McAllister not starting, although it's positive to see 2 up front! Looks like a 5-3-2 with wing backs

Hladky

Baird Popescu Ferdinand

P. McGinn                                            Muzek

Lyons McGinn Dreyer

Jackson Nazon

Yeah, I was thinking that unless Popescu slots in at full back pushing McGinn further forward.

looking forward to tonight!