St Mirren v Motherwell 6th Feb 2019

St.Ricky

1 minute ago, ged62 said:

No, it’s time to face reality we’re not good enough. The knock on effect from the beginning of the season has taken its toll.
Championship here we come.

This is the honest assessment. We are simply not good enough. Hard to see where a win will come from. 

Just now, turrabuddie said:
9 minutes ago, south_seas_saint said:
tae be fair we've hardly had a sqaud thats played together for more than two weeks at any time this season ..............Haud oan lads it's going to be a roller coaster like no other as we battle to survive.....AND WE WILL KTF..............C'mon ye saints

I do admire the attempt at eternal optimism. But it's getting harder to sustain after each game.

When you've been a St Mirren Fan as long as I have eternal optimism is a requirement

and a prerequisite for anyone who ever consider being one .............Been through more lows than highs with this club but have never jumped ship and never will so my glass half full attitude re my/our club will remain :thumbsup

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I have no issue with that so show some respect to us supporters who travel that far each month to follow the team

In what way am I not showing respect to my fellow supporters?

I used to attend every game home and away (excluding visits to the Bigotdomes) before I moved down south. I know exactly what it’s like to follow a team who lose more games than they win. I always appreciate those who do the same, they are the heart and soul of this club.

Just because I use the word “knickerwetters” upon seeing those deciding the season is over when we are not yet cut adrift, and still happen to be in Scottish Cup too, that now means I have no respect for others?

Tonight is the kind of game that we need to pick up points and build a bit of belief and momentum. Chance missed again and worrying momentum to Accies and Dundee. Agree that the season isn’t over, even if it feels like it just now, but we are looking favourites for the drop. We’ve really made an arse of this season so far.

Just now, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Sorry Cornwall. Think the time has come to saturate our pants in no uncertain manner.

I have stated I’m not confident, I’m not claiming we will stay up, I doubt we will. All I’m pointing out is that we are not yet cut adrift, and that those claiming the season is “over” are overreacting.

7 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I used to attend every game home and away (excluding visits to the Bigotdomes) before I moved down south. I know exactly what it’s like to follow a team who lose more games than they win. I always appreciate those who do the same, they are the heart and soul of this club.

Just because I use the word “knickerwetters” upon seeing those deciding the season is over when we are not yet cut adrift, and still happen to be in Scottish Cup too, that now means I have no respect for others?

Aye

namecalling is never respectful

We’re still making the same errors; fail to defend set pieces, corners, throw-ins, track runners, show men outside, etc.

We also seriously look like we lack a game plan - would be interesting to see our training - the blame for the tactics lies at one door alone i’m afraid, as much as many don’t want to admit it...

Having said that several players phoned it in, shame on them - the 2 wingers chucked it, Nazon didn’t look like he’d seen a football before and Tansey... well, that 20/30 sec comedy show in the middle of the park at the end says it all. 

Troubling times.

Edited by W6Saint

Tonight is the kind of game that we need to pick up points and build a bit of belief and momentum. Chance missed again and worrying momentum to Accies and Dundee. Agree that the season isn’t over, even if it feels like it just now, but we are looking favourites for the drop. We’ve really made an arse of this season so far.

I think the depressing part is Dundee and Accies new strikers both scored doubles tonight. We look really disjointed from back to front tonight and completely bereft of confidence.

14 minutes ago, magnus said:

Motherwell are a nice mix of pace, decent players and thugs. Two cracking goals and a lesson on how to play on the break. Beat by a well drilled team. We don't have anything up front, weak in the midfield and accident prone at the back. Doesn't look good.

Agree with this. ^^^^^

Our team has no presence and no identity. Our players look weak compared to other teams, probably a combination of lack of belief and  regular team time together. The hope that loans and relative strangers can bond and enable us to survive is very doubtful.

It’s a continual and repeating disappointment that Saints seem incapable of turning into something robust, efficient and strong as say a Motherwell. or St Johnstone. We just don’t seem to have the nous, a plan and the strategy  to survive and prosper in this brutal  shitfest of league. 

We look like a pension top up plan for auld hands and former chugging coaches, only strategy I can see. It’s a truly woeful state of affairs.

Bring on the razzmatazz of the Championship where we win some games and play with a smile. 

Well that was shit. Since the Kilmarnock game we have been playing 3 at the back and lost every game. We don't have the players for 3 at the back so why do we continue to play it when the opposition, including Alloa, are ripping the pish down our flanks? Motherwell had 3 men up top against our 3 and the for the first goal the Well player had no opposition. We change it when we are already a goal down and take off a fast and fit Baird and leave Anton on the park. That was the second big mistake.

The keeper and Popescu look excellent but the rest of the new signings look way off the mark. Dreyer looked like a wee lost boy tonight. I have no longer any hope we will stay up on that performance.

But not to be at the games now and call fans who are at the game knickerwetters is wrong. Cos we are utter dross at mo. If that makes me a knickerwetter sobeit. And I do go every week.

Guest TPAFKATS
Their first goal was an absolute belter, their second was a shambles, runner not picked up and allowed a free header while surrounded by our defence who at the time look to be playing Statues. Pish poor yet again, our midfield was pretty anonymous the second half. 
The first was also a shambles albeit a great finish in off the bar.
This was the 3rd or 4th time in the first 10 minutes that we hadn't closed players down.

Too many non existent players with no fight or passion.

You wouldn’t have known Lyons, Dreyer, Tansey were on the pitch and Nazon hardly touched the ball. To think we got rid of Cammy and replaced him with this dross.

That tonight was us throwing everything at them. 2 wingers, 2 strikers and they dealt with us as if it was a training exercise. Appalling 

Edited by Big Yards

1 minute ago, santaponsasaint said:
15 minutes ago, LargsBud said:
Just give the job to Gus now ffs. Should have done that 6 months ago.

I do hope that's joke. Things are bad enough. And remember the new players that have came he's the one who recommends them. He's director of football. He couldn't direct a seal to water.

Exactly...It's his team so it would be a smooth transition. Nobody could label it not being his team against him.