St Mirren v Motherwell 6th Feb 2019

St.Ricky

Just now, linwood buddie said:

Their first goal was an absolute belter, their second was a shambles, runner not picked up and allowed a free header while surrounded by our defence who at the time look to be playing Statues. Pish poor yet again, our midfield was pretty anonymous the second half. 

Midfield = Stephen McGinn that's it who is half fit

5 at the back for a must win at home not good enough

Dundee penalty miss is just delaying things.

Hamilton get the new manager bounce from us

The BOD have fell asleep since last April and now have paid a costly price

4 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
17 minutes ago, LargsBud said:
Just give the job to Gus now ffs. Should have done that 6 months ago.

I do hope that's joke. Things are bad enough. And remember the new players that have came he's the one who recommends them. He's director of football. He couldn't direct a seal to water.

Totally agree, actually if anyone deserves the boot it's Gus....... Get him tae feck..

Enough is enough please just book your one way ticket to Belfast and go Oran. God knows why you were ever appointed, clearly not up to the job and woefully out of your depth, the board really have a lot to answer to with 2 dreadful managerial appointments in a row.I really don't see where our next league win is coming from, given that we have Aberdeen and Hearts away in next 2 games, not exactly happy hunting grounds for us even with a half decent team unlike this bunch of amatuers.. Footnote to this is who the hell is scouting for Saints at present, on recent showing what we have brought in is even worse than what we had before if that's possible. Neil Lennon for Manager until end of season??? Highly unlikely and probably not too popular with some fans but I bet he would boot a few backsides in that hopeless bunch of imposters we have guising as 1st team players at present.

Sadly it looks like the great escape of two years ago isn't likely to repeat itself. Oran made a major error in setting us up with three at the back, when they play a front three, two of whom are rapid. They just overloaded the wings and we couldn't cope. To be fair, he did realise his mistake and changed it, but by that time we were already a goal down.

We lost that game because we kept on making wrong decisions. Individually, i think some of the new players look decent, but the team isn't gelling yet, going by tonight i don't know if it will. 

I like Oran, but if he can't get this team to gel and we go down, sad as it is to say there isn't really a case to keep a manager who will have had 34 games to keep us up.

Enough is enough please just book your one way ticket to Belfast and go Oran. God knows why you were ever appointed, clearly not up to the job and woefully out of your depth, the board really have a lot to answer to with 2 dreadful managerial appointments in a row.I really don't see where our next league win is coming from, given that we have Aberdeen and Hearts away in next 2 games, not exactly happy hunting grounds for us even with a half decent team unlike this bunch of amatuers.. Footnote to this is who the hell is scouting for Saints at present, on recent showing what we have brought in is even worse than what we had before if that's possible. Neil Lennon for Manager until end of season??? Highly unlikely and probably not too popular with some fans but I bet he would boot a few backsides in that hopeless bunch of imposters we have guising as 1st team players at present.
Mr MacPherson brings the players in. The reason is he's GLS golfing bud. So we're paying him a wage to watch YouTube

1 minute ago, Hendo said:

Sadly it looks like the great escape of two years ago isn't likely to repeat itself. Oran made a major error in setting us up with three at the back, when they play a front three, two of whom are rapid. They just overloaded the wings and we couldn't cope. To be fair, he did realise his mistake and changed it, but by that time we were already a goal down.

We lost that game because we kept on making wrong decisions. Individually, i think some of the new players look decent, but the team isn't gelling yet, going by tonight i don't know if it will. 

I like Oran, but if he can't get this team to gel and we go down, sad as it is to say there isn't really a case to keep a manager who will have had 34 games to keep us up.

What are people really expecting, have signed guys who play at un23 level and no real first team experience, foreigners who haven't played in months..Tansey no played for how long, a striker who has hardly ever played and expect these nomads to get us out of this, total bull-shit...Kearneys team my arse, you think he scouted or watched any of them? No chance, another exprement gone badly wrong...and if everybody being honest 1st division is where Saints belong and fans enjoy it far better...

10 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Well that was shit. Since the Kilmarnock game we have been playing 3 at the back and lost every game. We don't have the players for 3 at the back so why do we continue to play it when the opposition, including Alloa, are ripping the pish down our flanks? Motherwell had 3 men up top against our 3 and the for the first goal the Well player had no opposition. We change it when we are already a goal down and take off a fast and fit Baird and leave Anton on the park. That was the second big mistake.

The keeper and Popescu look excellent but the rest of the new signings look way off the mark. Dreyer looked like a wee lost boy tonight. I have no longer any hope we will stay up on that performance.

We haven't played three at the back since the Killie game. Against Alloa, Celtic and Hibs, we played 4 at the back with Anton on the bench.

Shocking display , only pass marks to the GK and Popescu. We will be relegated and we will deserve it , following a string of awful board room decisions since JR left. The George Oakley chap for Accies , I was impressed with him last season with ICT , raw , but put himself about. Clearly Rice saw it too. I'll bet Rice suggested bringing him in , but Tony and Co decided on the foreign superstars.

9 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Oran made a major error in setting us up with three at the back, when they play a front three, two of whom are rapid. They just overloaded the wings and we couldn't cope. To be fair, he did realise his mistake and changed it, but by that time we were already a goal down.

“To be fair” my backside. He made a cock up and he should be criticised for it, whether he fixed it or not; he gave them a headstart in the game and to be honest his solution wasn’t much better.

Spot on with the last bit though, a good coach can get the best out of any group of players, there’s been no evidence of this.

I’ve also lost count of the amount of times players have been hauled off early or games have been lost after a half time team talk...

The fanbase wouldn’t be losing patience if we at least looked like we were improving, learning from mistakes and maybe knew what we were doing from time to time. If we go down OK will have zero excuses i’m afraid, we can’t afford to make more mistakes this summer.

6 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

Unbelievable the hatred on here for one of our most successful managers in living memory.

Agree but he isn't employed as manager though

He has came up short in his role

Our engine room is very very weak and nothing was done to adress the problem

Hamilton and Dundee brought in forwards who have hit the ground running while ours hasn't started to move yet

Chronic

2 minutes ago, billyg said:

The George Oakley chap for Accies , I was impressed with him last season with ICT , raw , but put himself about. Clearly Rice saw it too. I'll bet Rice suggested bringing him in , but Tony and Co decided on the foreign superstars.

https://planetradio.co.uk/clyde/sport/football-news/brian-rice-so-impressed-with-george-oakley-he-tried-to-sign-him-twice/

41 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

Just give the job to Gus now ffs. Should have done that 6 months ago.

It's too late for that now.

We are going to have to take our medicine on this by the looks of it.

For me, tonight was a must win.

If we can't win these games we are not going to survive.

Maybe we just have to accept that we don't have good enough team to cut it at this level and that we'll need to start from scratch in the summer in the Championship.