St.Ricky

St Mirren v Motherwell 6th Feb 2019

It’ll be an interesting post match interview. O.K must be running out of positives from the games now. Really hoped he’d be able to turn things around, and he may still. Running out of time though.
I really hope he does turn it around as I cannot stomach another change in manager. Not sure he club can stand it financially either.

And so we move on - unfortunately we move on to Pittodrie and Tynecastle.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Six league losses on the trot, where would we be if Oran didnt get to build his team?

And to think. We only had to appoint Rice.... also saved us a fortune.. sorry Oran nice guy but also out his depth.....

2 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

My whole heartfelt apologies to you for living 550 miles away.

The signs aren’t good but at the moment it’s still only a 3/6 point gap with 13 games to pick up points in. I’m not confident but I’m also not going to claim the season is over.

I have no issue with that so show some respect to us supporters who travel that far each month to follow the team

tae be fair we've hardly had a sqaud thats played together for more than two weeks at any time this season ..............Haud oan lads it's going to be a roller coaster like no other as we battle to survive.....AND WE WILL KTF..............C'mon ye saints
I do admire the attempt at eternal optimism. But it's getting harder to sustain after each game.

Absolutely disgraceful tonight. No passion no energy and def no ability. The lad Dreyer won't need his strip washed for sure. Forgot he was playing till full time when he was walking off. Again schoolboy Defending for both goals. As for Kearney tactics. Suspect to say the least. What system they were trying to play at the start I don't even think the players knew. It was shambolic. Players don't seem up for the fight. They get bullied every week by every team. Only outfield player with pass marks was Popescu. Looks really good player. He'll be wondering what the f**k going on with the rest of them. Already paid Saturday's ticket or I wouldn't have bothered. Absolutely scunnered.

The signs aren’t good but at the moment it’s still only a 3/6 point gap with 13 games to pick up points in. I’m not confident but I’m also not going to claim the season is over.
Agree that the fat lady is not singing yet. But she is dusting down her tonsils...

1 minute ago, ged62 said:

No, it’s time to face reality we’re not good enough. The knock on effect from the beginning of the season has taken its toll.
Championship here we come.

This is the honest assessment. We are simply not good enough. Hard to see where a win will come from. 

Just now, turrabuddie said:
9 minutes ago, south_seas_saint said:
tae be fair we've hardly had a sqaud thats played together for more than two weeks at any time this season ..............Haud oan lads it's going to be a roller coaster like no other as we battle to survive.....AND WE WILL KTF..............C'mon ye saints

I do admire the attempt at eternal optimism. But it's getting harder to sustain after each game.

When you've been a St Mirren Fan as long as I have eternal optimism is a requirement

and a prerequisite for anyone who ever consider being one .............Been through more lows than highs with this club but have never jumped ship and never will so my glass half full attitude re my/our club will remain :thumbsup

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I have no issue with that so show some respect to us supporters who travel that far each month to follow the team

In what way am I not showing respect to my fellow supporters?

I used to attend every game home and away (excluding visits to the Bigotdomes) before I moved down south. I know exactly what it’s like to follow a team who lose more games than they win. I always appreciate those who do the same, they are the heart and soul of this club.

Just because I use the word “knickerwetters” upon seeing those deciding the season is over when we are not yet cut adrift, and still happen to be in Scottish Cup too, that now means I have no respect for others?

Tonight is the kind of game that we need to pick up points and build a bit of belief and momentum. Chance missed again and worrying momentum to Accies and Dundee. Agree that the season isn’t over, even if it feels like it just now, but we are looking favourites for the drop. We’ve really made an arse of this season so far.

Just now, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Sorry Cornwall. Think the time has come to saturate our pants in no uncertain manner.

I have stated I’m not confident, I’m not claiming we will stay up, I doubt we will. All I’m pointing out is that we are not yet cut adrift, and that those claiming the season is “over” are overreacting.

7 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

In what way am I not showing respect to my fellow supporters?

I used to attend every game home and away (excluding visits to the Bigotdomes) before I moved down south. I know exactly what it’s like to follow a team who lose more games than they win. I always appreciate those who do the same, they are the heart and soul of this club.

Just because I use the word “knickerwetters” upon seeing those deciding the season is over when we are not yet cut adrift, and still happen to be in Scottish Cup too, that now means I have no respect for others?

Aye

namecalling is never respectful