Canning Punted

aldo_j

4 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47042223

interesting to see who they bring in. Probably not great news for us (as Canning was woeful), although won’t allow the new gaffer much chance to shape the squad for the run in.

Tho do that in the final few days before the transfer window shuts is a panic move.

Right in the guts of the battle they are now going to have a few weeks of turmoil to contend with.

Huge risk of this backfiring on them but it's heartening to see it's not just Saints who have boards who make poor strategic decisions.

8 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

Danny Lennon may be a decent shout for them

Yeah, I think it’s got to be someone who is desperate to get back in to to full time football, and not someone like Goodwin who’s star is on the rise.

Someone from D. Lennon, Yogi or Hartley from an experienced point of view, or someone like Donati from an inexperienced point of view.

10 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Yeah, I think it’s got to be someone who is desperate to get back in to to full time football, and not someone like Goodwin who’s star is on the rise.

Someone from D. Lennon, Yogi or Hartley from an experienced point of view, or someone like Donati from an inexperienced point of view.

The same names as usual will be punted about. Wouldn't surprise me though if Buezilin hangs on to it as he is highly rated.  Unless they have a recruitment team on the staff, they have left themselves short of bringing in any new players, though maybe there wasn't money there to add any more.

44 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Donati is a good shout

Hamilton have done well from inexperienced point of view

Alex Neill and Canning did great jobs considering resources they had

39 minutes ago, boomboomyards said:

Nigerian Prince.

Did they ever get that money back?

Might be in the minority here but I think it would be a good move for Goodwin - this will be the hard time for Alloa when their P/T status might start to affect them and I think he could be the no-nonsense to re-invigorate a no-nonsense team. Obviously this would be bad news for us but it would at least make the two H2Hs a bit spicier! 

Guest TPAFKATS

Lot of Hamilton fans (well as much as you can ever have a lot of them) feel this was long overdue.
Sutton on twatter alluding to Cannings father being verbally abused by Hamilton fans at a recent game. Mibees he was happy to be mutually consentit after all?

Dundee next game for them?

4 hours ago, aldo_j said:

What about Neil McCann? I just love getting to pick the managers for another team. (No poke at you)

Yogi to come in and Raith it right up would be beautiful.

7 minutes ago, Hambud said:
7 hours ago, aldo_j said:

Yogi to come in and Raith it right up would be beautiful.

Not a job to suit most of them. Hamilton want a Head Coach, not a manager. So that probably rules out yogi, DL or Hartley.

Goody has shown success, and if its not him it will be a young manager like him.