St. Mirren v Kilmarnock, Monday 11th March 2019

Guest TPAFKATS

Jackson had 5 decent opportunities tonight. If he'd taken one it might well have been the difference.
Despite this, I'm feeling more confident about staying up. We look a completely different side even compared to Motherwell just a few games ago.

5 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Another 2nd half copitulation. Done nothing 2nd till Nazon came on. Let them come on to us all the time. Never got near them. No closing down. Played some good stuff but only in brief spells. Still think we can get a result in Perth. Coys.

Is a copitulation where you give up trying to copulate?

31 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Makes  a CHANGE - usually everybody gets them against us ..

I thought three might have been given and I thought we might even steal it in the end, we were coming on to a much better game in the last 20 ...before they stole it from us, can't complain we did have our chances; but we certainly weren't rubbish ....just, not great consistently.  :(

6 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Another 2nd half copitulation. Done nothing 2nd till Nazon came on. Let them come on to us all the time. Never got near them. No closing down. Played some good stuff but only in brief spells. Still think we can get a result in Perth. Coys.

It was hardly a capitulation SPS. I feared the worst at half time and thought we’d get absolutely bombarded second half once they had the wind in their favour. But in reality it started that way but we weathered the storm (literally) and then came back into the game and created chances of our own. Arguably better than theirs. I thought we defended brilliantly tonight and were very unlucky to lose.

10 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

We had a shot from Erhahon in the first minute of the second half which their keeper dived to save.

5 minutes ago, delpierro said:
10 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:
Are you suggesting that playing one up front is akin to playing for a draw?
I think this will be news to many managers.

At home, yes!!!!

You’re not a football man are you. Some of the best, most attacking teams in the world have played with one up front.

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

It was hardly a capitulation SPS. I feared the worst at half time and thought we’d get absolutely bombarded second half once they had the wind in their favour. But in reality it started that way but we weathered the storm (literally) and then came back into the game and created chances of our own. Arguably better than theirs. I thought we defended brilliantly tonight and were very unlucky to lose.

I agree with most of your post but we didn't defend that goal brilliantly, and therefore deserved to lose. I obviously have the benefit of hindsight but given we were only looking dangerous on the break sitting back to take the point would have been more prudent.

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

I agree with most of your post but we didn't defend that goal brilliantly, and therefore deserved to lose. I obviously have the benefit of hindsight but given we were only looking dangerous on the break sitting back to take the point would have been more prudent.

Sorry, I did obviously mean up until the goal. We got punished for the only poor bit of defending all night. That’s what I meant about being unlucky. We got punished for our only mistake.

I know a lot of people use this forum just to blow off some steam after a defeat, but some of you need to get a grip.

What did you think you were signing up to when you started supporting St Mirren? Treble trebles and trips to Paris and Barcelona? :lol:

We didn't play particularly well, but it wasn't dire either. Killie are a decent team, we had a fairly good game plan and with better finishing, it would have worked. On to Perth we go, it's all to play for.

Edited by Kemp

I thought we played well given the conditions. Paul McGinn and Baird guilty of switching off at their goal. Apart from that we were solid enough. Hladky had another good game. 

Thought Lyons and Flynn were great first half, second half Lyons faded. Apparently half of the team have a sickness bug at the moment, probably didn’t help much towards the end. Killie stronger team second half with the wind behind them. 

Gutted not to get at least a point. Need to go to Perth and force the 3 points off them

1 hour ago, saint in exile said:

Thought McAllister was very poor tonight.  What was the story with the corners? Only one that was anyway decent.

And that one decent corner was taken by Ryan Flynn!

Baffling that KMc was then allowed to fluff another couple of corners after that

There has certainly been an upturn in fortunes in recent and that has to be commended...

However, it is absolutely incredible that there is not only 1, but 2 sides as bad as us down near the bottom. 

Accies, Dundee and ourselves (particularly the latter 2) have to be among some of the poorer sides to have played in this league in recent years.

In any other season any of the 3 would be long gone by now.

Edited by W6Saint

Guest TPAFKATS
I thought we played well given the conditions. Paul McGinn and Baird guilty of switching off at their goal. Apart from that we were solid enough. Hladky had another good game. 
Thought Lyons and Flynn were great first half, second half Lyons faded. Apparently half of the team have a sickness bug at the moment, probably didn’t help much towards the end. Killie stronger team second half with the wind behind them. 
Gutted not to get at least a point. Need to go to Perth and force the 3 points off them
Flynn shouldve cleared the ball in middle if park, instead let it bounce and it ended with Baird having to clear which was miss hit. Never recovered and I hoped the shot come cross would skip out of play quick on the wet surface.