St. Mirren v Kilmarnock, Monday 11th March 2019

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

FT 0-1

Another sore one. We are remarkably consistent in blowing chances to get off the bottom. Doesn’t bode well.

Thought we had weathered the Killie storm early on in the half and would get the point but not to be. No quality in the final third from us all night so can’t complain.

Need something in Perth on Saturday.

Agree with you 100% for a change but our main weakness is in the middle third.

Whilst there is no denying the effort put in by the players, we just can't string a few passes together (other than in the first third); we are too slow to close players down; we stand off until the opposition are nearly inside our 18 yard box; and our running off the ball when in possession, leaves a lot to be desired.

All of these weaknesses were all too apparent in the Livi game.

However, we have been more than a little unfortunate in the regular loss of players to injury and tonight we could have done with a fit Stephen McGinn and Kyle Magennis in the midfield.

1 hour ago, jaybee said:

I thought three might have been given and I thought we might even steal it in the end, we were coming on to a much better game in the last 20 ...before they stole it from us, can't complain we did have our chances; but we certainly weren't rubbish ....just, not great consistently.  :(

On 68 minutes i put £10 on Killie to win 1-0 at 4-1....could see it coming a mile away...

1 hour ago, jaybee said:

I thought three might have been given and I thought we might even steal it in the end, we were coming on to a much better game in the last 20 ...before they stole it from us, can't complain we did have our chances; but we certainly weren't rubbish ....just, not great consistently.  

Lyon is a football impersonator..cannot see what he brings to team, Jackson the worst reader of a game i've ever seen..just runs after the ball..two very poor players..

Edited by gstretchuk

34 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

There has certainly been an upturn in fortunes in recent and that has to be commended...

However, it is absolutely incredible that there is not only 1, but 2 sides as bad as us down near the bottom. 

Accies, Dundee and ourselves (particularly the latter 2) have to be among some of the poorer sides to have played in this league in recent years.

Really? So you think Kilmarnock were much better than us tonight? Every player gave 100% and I thought we performed pretty well in awful conditions. If anything is going to send us down it will be the lack of goals, but I've not given up getting out of this.

I realise it's about points now and not performance. No reason why we can not get something in Perth on Saturday, then it's Celtic and a must win against Dundee. 4 points from these 3 games will see us move of the bottom. COYS!!!!

Guest TPAFKATS
Which one? Gus was very much present in our set up and tactics tonight.
Was that when Muzek cleared from our corner flagthe ball was passed back to the keeper and we played out from the back right up to the other corner of the park firing in a cross?

Nah, thought not.

13 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

On 68 minutes i put £10 on Killie to win 1-0 at 4-1....could see it coming a mile away...

Why did you only put a tenner on it if it was that much of a certainty?

3 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Jackson had 5 decent opportunities tonight. If he'd taken one it might well have been the difference.
Despite this, I'm feeling more confident about staying up. We look a completely different side even compared to Motherwell just a few games ago.

He doesn't let up Jackson, he's a bit like the bunny with best battery; he just needs to shoot a couple of seconds sooner, soooooo many times his shot gets blocked , which of course is why he is with us; if he did shot that little quicker he would be playing at a higher level. I don't mean any disrespect to him, just frustrating ................. for him also I would surmise. A good player though and I though him and the Duck worked well together.

1 hour ago, gstretchuk said:
3 hours ago, jaybee said:

I thought three might have been given and I thought we might even steal it in the end, we were coming on to a much better game in the last 20 ...before they stole it from us, can't complain we did have our chances; but we certainly weren't rubbish ....just, not great consistently.  

Lyon is a football impersonator..cannot see what he brings to team, Jackson the worst reader of a game i've ever seen..just runs after the ball..two very poor players..

Wondering whether I should comment on Taxi drivers and people who bet against their supppppposed team, but perhaps instead I would just say quite obviously you don't know toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much about football or maybe that should be FECK all.  B)

59 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Wondering whether I should comment on Taxi drivers and people who bet against their supppppposed team, but perhaps instead I would just say quite obviously you don't know toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much about football or maybe that should be FECK all.  B)

Raging, i?

6 hours ago, gstretchuk said:

:lol:

Get back in the sin bin you f**king moron. You clearly know absolutely nothing about football if you think Jackson "just runs after the ball." Always amazed how many people can watch so much football and know nothing about it.

8 hours ago, magnus said:

Thought we gave it everything from start to finish. Very unlucky to lose a late goal. The team is now competing and with a wee bit of luck tonight we could have had a point there. Gutted for the team. Sore one.

100% this.

For the second match in a row two sides had to cope with difficult / farcical weather conditions making football almost impossible.

IMO every single St Mirren player was competitive. Committed, determined, fighting for the jersey.

Compare that to so many gutless, spineless, submissive performances we watched from our "pre-January window" team. It's day and night now. I'm also gutted for those guys last night.

Despite the late boot in the stones last night I'm more positive than ever that we have a great chance of escaping the dreaded drop if Kearney's players display the same level of commitment in every fixture from now until the end of the season..

6 minutes ago, Kemp said:

:lol:

Get back in the sin bin you f**king moron. You clearly know absolutely nothing about football if you think Jackson "just runs after the ball." Always amazed how many people can watch so much football and know nothing about it.

Haha..his movement off the ball is shocking.. he has no anticipation of where the ball will go or will be passed...he does not know when he's offside and struggles to get back on when somebody tells him he is....ya fud!

When only 3200 home fans turn up to what a lot of forum users called most important game of season do the people of Paisley really care that much what league Saints will be in? Thats decent 1st division crowd where imo we should be...totally out our depth...1st division coming 3rd,4th success for a club like Saints...

8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

100% this.

For the second match in a row two sides had to cope with difficult / farcical weather conditions making football almost impossible.

IMO every single St Mirren player was competitive. Committed, determined, fighting for the jersey.

Compare that to so many gutless, spineless, submissive performances we watched from our "pre-January window" team. It's day and night now. I'm also gutted for those guys last night.

Despite the late boot in the stones last night I'm more positive than ever that we have a great chance of escaping the dreaded drop if Kearney's players display the same level of commitment in every fixture from now until the end of the season..

Not a dreaded drop..a welcome drop to a league Saints can compete in..