St. Mirren v Kilmarnock, Monday 11th March 2019

2 minutes ago, elvis said:

Still duffed 2 glorious chances to score though. 

That's true, not much the manager can do about that though. Based on what we have seen of Duckens, starting Jackson was 100% the correct call last night.

2 hours ago, Big Yards said:

I know Ethan Erhahon is young and playing out of position but he has played every game nearly since Christmas and I haven’t seen anything of note come from him in most of the games. Sometimes you don’t know he’s on the park. 

I’m not quite sure what his role in the team is other than filling a space until we sign another half decent left sided player in the summer.

Would like to see how he did in the centre midfield though instead of macpherson.

Have to disagree. He balances our side and gives a bit of dig and cover. His delivery into the box was better than McAllister as well last night. 

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

No I’m saying that having checked you were talking bollocks about Hearts, I did not have the inclination to check the rest. It may be bang on or it may be similarly utter bollocks. 

So about Hearts then???

Yeah i get it, you onow its correct but are happy to spend more time speculating it may not be. Just say bang on, and move on.

apart from Hearts its bang on. 

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Any long balls to Jackson are played down the channels for him to get on to, not lumped on this head.

Oh so if it drifts into the channels from fifty yards its not lumped? C'mon its been a piss poor tactic for months now, evidenced by our poor goal scoring and efforts on target. 

That said its not solely Jackson's problem, Lyons offers liitle, McAllister cant get a corner kick past the first man, or get the ball to not sail over the last man. Flynn has had one and a half good games, and when S McGinn isnt in the side we lose midfield.

Funny how we all see the game so differently. 

I thought our shape and organisation was excellent last night. We sat in and conceded possession and pretty effectively dealt with a good Killie side. Set up for the counter attack and we got a decent number of chances. The one with Jackson is the one you're waiting for - and then we had a glorious chance for an equaliser with the ball across goal in injury time.

We played a very limited game - but that's where we're at as a team. 9 teams in this league are considerably better than us so we need to adapt to try and get results. I wouldn't say we specifically set up for a point - I think the setup suited our limited attacking capabilities looking for counter attacks.

The change in formation has made us much more compact. We've tried different approaches. We've pressed games hard in the first half on a few occasions and ran out of steam in the 2nd half. We have a midfield that doesn't match the quality of much of most opposition and it inhibits us from supporting the attack. Overall we aren't a good enough outfit to attack effectively as a team so counter attacking is arguably a fair approach to opening up our opposition. 

I think Jackson gets a bit of a rough ride from many - he has a good work rate and touch but just not clinical enough. In the market we're in, it's not so easy to find! 

I hadn't seen much encouraging about Nazon but he did well when he came on last night. 

Overall, disappointing not to get a point but we're still in with a chance. 

It might be absolutely dreadful to watch for the entirety of this season but we're still in touching distance for now and have to hope we can pull off the necessary results - particularly in the games vs Accies and Dundee. I'm sure the fans will be right behind us for the run in. COYS!! 

4 hours ago, TopCat said:

IMG_9412.jpg

Our top scorers this season. What a depressing graphic emoji28.png

Our third top scorer is our right back! What happened to goals from midfield?

Hve patience - the 1st half of the season was dire - this half has only recently began . . . goals ahead for us in the next two we hope.

33 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yeah i get it, you onow its correct but are happy to spend more time speculating it may not be. Just say bang on, and move on.

apart from Hearts its bang on. 

OK. Let’s do Hibs then.

Hibs beat us in September off the back of a 0-0 draw with Aberdeen, a 0-3 victory away to Dundee and a 3-2 win over Kilmarnock. So no bad form there.

We then got a creditable 2-2 away draw to them.

When they beat us 1-3 in our most recent game their form in their previous 8 games was W3, D3, L2. One of the defeats was a 1-0 defeat in the Edinburgh derby and one of the draws was a 0-0 with Rangers. Again, hardly shoddy form.

So do you want to rephrase your response to “apart from Hearts and Hibs”? Starting to sound a bit like what did the Romans ever do for us.

13 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

OK. Let’s do Hibs then.

Hibs beat us in September off the back of a 0-0 draw with Aberdeen, a 0-3 victory away to Dundee and a 3-2 win over Kilmarnock. So no bad form there.

When they beat us 1-3 in our most recent game their form in their previous 8 games was W3, D3, L2. One of the defeats was a 1-0 defeat in the Edinburgh derby and one of the draws was a 0-0 with Rangers. Again, hardly shoddy form.

So do you want to rephrase your response to “apart from Hearts and Hibs”? Starting to sound a bit like what did the Romans ever do for us.

I admire you in responding to Mr Nonesense - He does love to spout it all the time - but it is always a pleasure to see him shown up for it - so thanks :headbang

8 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I admire you in responding to Mr Nonesense - He does love to spout it all the time - but it is always a pleasure to see him shown up for it - so thanks :headbang

In fairness I only respond when it’s really, really easy to show him up for being the clueless tit that he is. If it took any real effort I wouldn’t bother my arse. 

Enjoyed the game it reminded of a good cup tie both teams having a go. The game could have went anyway in my eyes. Get a bit frustrated with one up. Clearly Oran sees midfield needs shoring up. I reckon Jackson and The Big Man would yield goals. Got a photograph with Oran what a gentleman and a credit to our club. Said to him the difference in Flynn is plain to see moved from the wide area's to centre area he is shining. Had a bad day yesterday first my laptop crashed a lot of important business stuff on it. Just got off the ferry and the dashboard lights up like a Christmas tree. New turbo needed. Had the car from new now just outside warranty.  Had wheetabix morning the next thing I had was chilli & Rice in the 1877 club. Still hungry bought a burger at half-time. I woke up around 4am in my hotel in Paisley not feeling too good. Not long I was vomiting bile up. It means I had a bug in my tummy it wanted it out. Felt like shit all day. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Oh so if it drifts into the channels from fifty yards its not lumped? C'mon its been a piss poor tactic for months now, evidenced by our poor goal scoring and efforts on target. 

That said its not solely Jackson's problem, Lyons offers liitle, McAllister cant get a corner kick past the first man, or get the ball to not sail over the last man. Flynn has had one and a half good games, and when S McGinn isnt in the side we lose midfield.

Think we look far better with McGinn not in side....far to slow, slows play down...lost most game's with him in the side..not at premier league standard, decent forst division player..saying that Lyon's no-where near this level or Jackson...

Utterly dismayed by the result. What a sh!t night. Awful start to the it and just as bad end. On the way to the game I slipped on the mud left by the roadworks. Wet and freezing. Then, just when I thought it was worth it, Killie go and score in the dying minutes.

I don't know why Oran didn't use his subs on an awful, energy sapping  night. I was surprised Kearney didn't either bring Mullen on for Jackson in the last 10 minutes. I thought Jackson got hurt in the second half.

15 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

Think we look far better with McGinn not in side....far to slow, slows play down...lost most game's with him in the side..not at premier league standard, decent forst division player..saying that Lyon's no-where near this level or Jackson...

So you want Oran to drop Stephen McGinn, Simeone Jackson and Brad Lyons.

Who in our current squad would you replace them with?

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

OK. Let’s do Hibs then.

How many of the four games Hibs played before beating us 1-3 did they win? Give you a clue its ess than one. If we are clutching at straws to make a point, if you got back before our last six games last season we were on Fire.

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

All together now.................. I'm H. A. P. P. Y.  I'm H. A. P. P. Y. Oh yes I am; you know I am I'm H. A .P. P. Y.        ....................................... etc  B)

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

We used that tactic quite a lot last season, especially as Reilly was so good (at that level) at putting defenders under pressure and allowing us to win the second ball.

Getting the ball in to the channels isn’t a poor tactic. It’s the not following up with midfielders or full backs that’s poor.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

How many of the four games Hibs played before beating us 1-3 did they win? Give you a clue its ess than one. If we are clutching at straws to make a point, if you got back before our last six games last season we were on Fire.

Wrong again...

Motherwell 1 Hibs 0

Hibs 4 Elgin 0

Hibs 0 Hearts 1

Rangers 1 Hibs 1

And if you want to keep going..

Hibernian 1 Livingston 1

Hibernian 0 Rangers 0

Hibernian 2 Celtic 0

You reckon that constitutes poor form that the team at the bottom of the league ought to be capitalising upon?

Righty ho. Over and out.

1 hour ago, aldo_j said:

We used that tactic quite a lot last season, especially as Reilly was so good (at that level) at putting defenders under pressure and allowing us to win the second ball.

Getting the ball in to the channels isn’t a poor tactic. It’s the not following up with midfielders or full backs that’s poor.

I agree, itsva poor tactic when you don't have the players capable of excecuting it, but persist anyway.

26 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Wrong again...

Motherwell 1 Hibs 0

Hibs 4 Elgin 0

Hibs 0 Hearts 1

Rangers 1 Hibs 1

And if you want to keep going..

Hibernian 1 Livingston 1

Hibernian 0 Rangers 0

Hibernian 2 Celtic 0

You reckon that constitutes poor form that the team at the bottom of the league ought to be capitalising upon?

Righty ho. Over and out.

Thats a piss poor spin! A quick check on the BBC website shows Hibs did not win any of the four games they played before beating us 3-1. But you knew that, and decided to make yourself look sillier rather than just let it slide.

didnt know younwere such a big Hibees man!

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Thats a piss poor spin! A quick check on the BBC website shows Hibs did not win any of the four games they played before beating us 3-1. But you knew that, and decided to make yourself look sillier rather than just let it slide.

didnt know younwere such a big Hibees man!

Ha ha. What a terrible loser. 

Or is it just a loser. 

Add Elvis, no don’t, get admin to remove him from the forum. [emoji4]

^^
That’s the kind of comment which says much more about you than the people you complain about

Try skimming past the posters you’d rather not read from ?

There’s a nasty wee clique of you guys ‘#runtoDiv’

Get a grip