Jump to content

Eric Arthur Blair

St. Mirren v Kilmarnock, Monday 11th March 2019

Recommended Posts


Squeaky Bum time!

two good points in unexpected draws and a win havent moved us out of the automatic drop spot, but they have lifted hopes and possibly expectations too? Have said early in this season that the standard of the premiership has dropped across the league meaning outside of Celtic, in most games, any club can beat the other at any given time.

if we have had some overdue luck thrown in with better performances then thats nothing short of whats deserved, Kille have proven they can, and have beaten every team in this league, fine margins of fitness, suspensions, luck, decisions and performances will play out in every game now until our fate is known. It doesnt look as hopeless as it did a few games ago, but think realistically, we will do well to get anything out of all our remaining games, and even then events out of our control will still impact us, for better or for worse.

win, lose or draw with Kille still wont give us an answer to our fate, however teams that get into the habit of picking up points invariably move up the league!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Squeaky Bum time!

two good points in unexpected draws and a win havent moved us out of the automatic drop spot, but they have lifted hopes and possibly expectations too? Have said early in this season that the standard of the premiership has dropped across the league meaning outside of Celtic, in most games, any club can beat the other at any given time.

if we have had some overdue luck thrown in with better performances then thats nothing short of whats deserved, Kille have proven they can, and have beaten every team in this league, fine margins of fitness, suspensions, luck, decisions and performances will play out in every game now until our fate is known. It doesnt look as hopeless as it did a few games ago, but think realistically, we will do well to get anything out of all our remaining games, and even then events out of our control will still impact us, for better or for worse.

win, lose or draw with Kille still wont give us an answer to our fate, however teams that get into the habit of picking up points invariably move up the league!

Knicker wetting Saints fans have had squeaky bums all season - going into this it will still be the same.

We now have a squad of decent players for this level - so expectations have risen and why would they not?

Has the standard dropped (outside  of Celtic) ? If anything there are more teams competing for 2 - 4 than previously. At the bottom there are 3 teams who have not done great to this point in the season so far, but since the window are picking up some more points on average.

How is it that "realistically, we will do well to get anything out of our remaining games?" The last 3 we are unbeaten, 5 points from 9, and 2 of those against teams who were sitting 3rd and 5th.

Things are in our own hands - we simply need to keep picking up points at a better rate than our 2 rivals as we have in the last 3 games. Win or DRAW this next game and we will go above Dee - that is huge psychologically for our squad and theirs . . .    

Oh When the Saints . . . .   :spud7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Knicker wetting Saints fans have had squeaky bums all season - going into this it will still be the same.

We now have a squad of decent players for this level - so expectations have risen and why would they not?

Has the standard dropped (outside  of Celtic) ? If anything there are more teams competing for 2 - 4 than previously. At the bottom there are 3 teams who have not done great to this point in the season so far, but since the window are picking up some more points on average.

How is it that "realistically, we will do well to get anything out of our remaining games?" The last 3 we are unbeaten, 5 points from 9, and 2 of those against teams who were sitting 3rd and 5th.

Things are in our own hands - we simply need to keep picking up points at a better rate than our 2 rivals as we have in the last 3 games. Win or DRAW this next game and we will go above Dee - that is huge psychologically for our squad and theirs . . .    

Oh When the Saints . . . .   :spud7

Not if Dundee beat Hearts on Saturday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, elvis said:

Not if Dundee beat Hearts on Saturday. 

If they don't,  we then play twice before they play Celtic and then we face each other. Absolutely massive couple of weeks coming up. 

Wins against Killie and St J could have us 5 points clear of Dundee by the time we play them. It's a very big ask but with recent performances I think we have a decent enough chance of it. 

Like you say though if Dundee win and we then lose on Monday it's a whole different story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, elvis said:

Not if Dundee beat Hearts on Saturday. 

Not sure how you work that out. If Dundee win on Saturday they go 4 points ahead of us but we will have a game in hand and have to play them twice - explain to me how it's not in our own hands to finish above them in your scenario ??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because if you read the guys post I was replying to he said win or draw our game against killie we Will go above Dundee but Dundee play hearts on Saturday at Dens and if they win we can not go above them no matter our result against Killie 

Edited by elvis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, elvis said:

Because if you read the guys post I was replying to he said win or draw our game against killie we Will go above Dundee but Dundee play hearts on Saturday at Dens and if they win we can not go above them no matter our result against Killie 

In that scenario for"not in our own hands" read "impossible" . It's totally out our hands whether we finish the weekend above Dundee at this juncture so yes in that instance you are correct however that would be the same for any side 4 points behind another. We can only worry about. / control our own results. Just got to hope for the best elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just in case anyone wants to make an arse of themselves yet again, the quote below is from OK regarding injuries. From B & WA twitter, which I believe is available to the general public for free. Although you will have to pay your internet provider.:)

Quote

Brad Lyons and Kyle McAllister were both in full training today. Gary MacKenzie picked up a bit of a niggle on Monday but should be training again by Saturday" "That just leaves Kyle Magennis as being unavailable to us on Monday, Kyle and Brad will both be fine to play".

Although I believe that Tansey will be unavailable due to suspension.

Edited by FTOF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You just need to predict a draw on another thread to cover all bases

A 2-0 defeat
A 3-0 win

Might have a wee bet if you predict the draw
Just checking to see who was awake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:37 AM, elvis said:

Not if Dundee beat Hearts on Saturday. 

My Quote was  - Things are in our own hands - we simply need to keep picking up points at a better rate than our 2 rivals as we have in the last 3 games.

My perspectives was looking at the remaining games and considering how all 3 teams have performed over the last 3 games where Dee and Hamilton both picked up 3 points but we picked up 5. (I think we gained on goal difference too) If this keeps up - then things are in our own hands...

Yes I did go on to say that I thought we would pass Dee with a draw or a win against Kille - my point was based on the hope that Hearts would beat Dee; which I think it very possible, but I agree is not a sure thing.

The important point I want fans to grasp, is that we will pass them. I'd prefer sooner, but so long as it happens, all Saints fans should be delighted, even the ones who see doom and gloom at every possible opportunity . . .   :turtle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Luther G. Presley said:

Let’s be honest Killie are much better than us so we will do well to take anything from this game, and I reckon Dundee will get at least a point at home to Hearts.

Further adrift after this weekends fixtures is my prediction.

Killie on recent form over the last 6 games are the 2nd worst performing team in the Premiership - The Fakes are below them.

Our task to keep them both down their over our next 2 matches.

We have no control over Dee's results until we play them. Hearts are not playing great at the moment either, but they have the guys who can on their day bang in the goals - so hoping it is their day and not Dee's . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Let’s be honest Killie are much better than us so we will do well to take anything from this game, and I reckon Dundee will get at least a point at home to Hearts.

Further adrift after this weekends fixtures is my prediction.

Perfectly reasonable to expect that to happen, thankfully, I honestly believe after we defeat Kilmarnock, we will be above Dundee

Reasonably optimistic about my prediction

( normally they’re pish )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Saints 1-1 Killie

Our goal by Jack Baird (31), Killie equalise on 67

God help you if that ever came of, they would ban you forever from the bookies.  Mmmm not a bad thought.  B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jaybee said:

God help you if that ever came of, they would ban you forever from the bookies.  Mmmm not a bad thought.  B)

It may not surprise you to hear I won’t be placing this bet :lol:

They love the £2 I give them every week :(

2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

He is out with a hamstring injury - so ?

FFS, I was going by their starting XI last week :lol:

Tshibola?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...