St. Mirren v Kilmarnock, Monday 11th March 2019

3 minutes ago, elvis said:

Don't get to confident how many boots in the stones have we had over the years.

I took a ball to the baws on Monday night, joys of being a keeper for six-a-side.

I’ll quite happily give up my other testicle this Monday night if it means the Saints win

47 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I’m not known for correct predictions, there’s a reason I’m 16th in my 18 person work league :lol:

I’m glad I’m wrong. Accies goal difference has taken another hit today (worse than I expected). And their Goals For column is no better. Instead of Dundee getting something they’ve gained nothing. Excellent day for us, hopefully we can capitalise come Monday.

No problem making predictions - it is notoriously difficult - and with things that relate to St. Mirren and their benefit - even more difficult.

Results today were perfect for us - with the Fakes result too and their next game is against us... Though Watt and O'Halloran are just getting back up to full fitness.

I wonder what odds we would get on 2 wins in our next 3 games?  Hopefully on Monday we will be marching onwards. . .:turtle

1 hour ago, northstbuddie said:

Monday 11 March 2019 - New St Mirren Park

Act 1: Scene 1 - the sequel to "The Great Escape"

"The Miraculous Escape"

IF ONLY ........

Hope so.

But Killie are still very strong favourites for Monday. They are a much better team than Hearts, Hibs or Motherwell. They have the best manager in the league. Going to take a monumental effort from team & support to get three points.

Hope so.
But Killie are still very strong favourites for Monday. They are a much better team than Hearts, Hibs or Motherwell. They have the best manager in the league. Going to take a monumental effort from team & support to get three points.

They’ve not scored in 5 games and not won in 8. This is a massive chance for us against an off-form team.

4 minutes ago, lovestlegend said:

They’ve not scored in 5 games and not won in 8. This is a massive chance for us against an off-form team.

And as usual the off-form team play us and win by 2 or 3 goals, lol. 

Would happily take a 1 - 0 win 

44 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Results today were perfect for us - with the Fakes result too and their next game is against us... Though Watt and O'Halloran are just getting back up to full fitness.

I wonder what odds we would get on 2 wins in our next 3 games?  Hopefully on Monday we will be marching onwards. . .:turtle

Tough to call. Killie have gone off the boil but with a manager like Clarke you can’t imagine this dip will last too much longer (and we are usually good at helping these teams out when they need it). With our improvement there’s no reason we can’t do it, but even a draw would be a decent result against a good Killie side.

Not confident for the trip to the Fakes as over the years we just haven’t seemed to handle the fixture well. We were very unlucky to lose last time with that late goal, but I just see them beating us again. Don’t know what it is with the Fakes when they play us.

Dundee at home? Who can handle their nerves, who’s going to turn up and take control of the game? Whoever’s better prepared mentally and up for the fight is the team who’ll win. 

I was at Fir Park today and I couldn’t believe how poor Hamilton were. No fight, no effort, no idea. Really expected more for a team fighting for survival, especially in a derby game. I can only assume Agent Rice was working his magic. Hopefully more of the same from Agent Clarke on Monday.

59 minutes ago, doonhamer said:

I was at Fir Park today and I couldn’t believe how poor Hamilton were. No fight, no effort, no idea. Really expected more for a team fighting for survival, especially in a derby game. I can only assume Agent Rice was working his magic. Hopefully more of the same from Agent Clarke on Monday.

Agents be dammed. Tough games guaranteed. 

Thinking of Kilmarnock games of the past made me recall that quite a few games that I went to in  Kilmarnock used to be on new years day, now I'm really not sure if the old grey cells have finally given out or if we really did go to Kilmarnock for several new years day fixtures?  Help me out here please, i'm thinking mid to late 1960's.

22 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Thinking of Kilmarnock games of the past made me recall that quite a few games that I went to in  Kilmarnock used to be on new years day, now I'm really not sure if the old grey cells have finally given out or if we really did go to Kilmarnock for several new years day fixtures?  Help me out here please, i'm thinking mid to late 1960's.

Correct we did :) yer grey cells are still a plenty 

19 hours ago, elvis said:

Don't get to confident how many boots in the stones have we had over the years. So caution is the order of the day. But fingers. Toes crossed. 

FFS Elvis.... we only won a league 10 months ago.... what have Dundee or Accies won ever.....