15 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Our first choice goalie rétires and leaves mid season, followed out the door by the asst manager. Good that it saves a bit of money, but is there a cultural issue thats sering experienced people walk? Too many chiefs and not enough native Americans?

By "native Americans" do you mean Indians?

12 hours ago, jaybee said:
14 hours ago, pod said:

Wouldn't you.

actually probably not, it's OK being Captain of the ship excpt it's not so much fun when the water covers your feet

Well there you go .............. wrong again, not for the first and assuredly not the last either, but good luck to Brian in his new post, but I hope he gets relegated. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Good luck to Brian Rice.
Having said that COYS
I'd like to wish him nothing but bad luck from a footballing perspective for the rest of this season.
Strange choice given the position they are in, however as previously mentioned mibees accies happy to just get the inside knowledge on us for the short term.

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:

I'd like to wish him nothing but bad luck from a footballing perspective for the rest of this season.
Strange choice given the position they are in, however as previously mentioned mibees accies happy to just get the inside knowledge on us for the short term.

TP. Strange choice from both Accies and Brian Rice. Maybe not unexpected to see him moving on though.

Just now, billyg said:

Brian Rice to hand us our arses on a plate ? Would even one of us be surprised ?

AFAIK Brian Rice doesnt play any more.  When we play Hamilton it will come down to the ability of players on the park as to who may win on the day.  Tactics will be important but with so many new faces settling in at the club Rice may have no idea as to how OK will set up his new team.

5 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

AFAIK Brian Rice doesnt play any more.  When we play Hamilton it will come down to the ability of players on the park as to who may win on the day.  Tactics will be important but with so many new faces settling in at the club Rice may have no idea as to how OK will set up his new team.

Yeah well , there's a precedent. We allowed Alec Wright to leave for Dunfermline midway through season 70/71 , at that point Dunfermline looked relegation certainties , but we ended up relegated on goal difference with a pic of Wright in the LS stand at our last game (which we drew) famously in the press , punching the air !

Guest TPAFKATS
Yeah well , there's a precedent. We allowed Alec Wright to leave for Dunfermline midway through season 70/71 , at that point Dunfermline looked relegation certainties , but we ended up relegated on goal difference with a pic of Wright in the LS stand at our last game (which we drew) famously in the press , punching the air !
Not sure once, almost 50 years ago creates a precedent but I guess we can each/all read into it what we wish.

33 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
2 hours ago, billyg said:

Not sure once, almost 50 years ago creates a precedent but I guess we can each/all read into it what we wish.

Time to even up for that old score then :D

Accies fans on their forum aren't best pleased.

One said that, after all the talk of interest from managers in Spain and France, they've gone and got a guy from Whitburn with no managerial experience and a gambling addiction.

I'd imagine if we made that appointment and brought in a guy who also has no managerial experience as director of football, this place would be in meltdown.

2 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Accies fans on their forum aren't best pleased.

One said that, after all the talk of interest from managers in Spain and France, they've gone and got a guy from Whitburn with no managerial experience and a gambling addiction.

I'd imagine if we made that appointment and brought in a guy who also has no managerial experience as director of football, this place would be in meltdown.

Reading the forum over the last 3 days especially with no new signings, it sort of already is in a mini-meltdown anyway . . . 

But you are bang on my friend.

I don't think Rice is a big loss to us. HE was not Oran's man and with Nicholl already here it is money saved, compensation being saved for the future and hopefully he will discover that the Hamilton team are crap . . . and going down . . .  :spud6

I can’t get my head around that appointment at all. 

Why would you trust a guy who has no 1st Team Management experience to keep your team in this league?

Someone want to ask Gilmour what the thinking behind Tommy Craig was? Might give us an insight into Accies thinking here!

Either going to be a total disaster or a complete meltdown for them, take your pick!  Either way I’m a lot more confident that we will get the play-offs at least.