What do you want from today?

As it says on the tin. What would you like to see happen in the first actual deadline day filled with drama for us since Charlie Adam and John Sutton rocked up? 

Hopefully a big centre forward and a holding midfielder as a minimum. 

If I'm being greedy, I'd also like a second option at centre forward, preferably someone mobile. 

Maybe one more out as well. 

A win at all costs midfielder. A Goodwin type who gives the others a platform to play on.

Danny picked him up for free because Hamilton were playing him at right back. There must be a guy like that somewhere.

Maybe some competition for the right back berth.

Another striker to allow for tactical changes.

17 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I hate to say it but it's beginning to look like we might have to accept that we are done in terms of recruitment but a new striker would be nice.

Definitely not finished.  At least 2 I reckon. 

A striker and proper, mobile, nick-the-ball-off-your-toes, kick-you-up-the-arse DM would do for me. A budget Kante, basically. But I've been asking for a proper DM for years and they don't really seem to exist any more.

I don't really feel like we need two strikers, tbh, as I can't see us playing with two up front in the vast majority of games. Jackson has 5 in 17, which isn't a terrible return, given how little we've created. Happy choosing between him and another for the run-in.

20 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

A striker and proper, mobile, nick-the-ball-off-your-toes, kick-you-up-the-arse DM would do for me. A budget Kante, basically. But I've been asking for a proper DM for years and they don't really seem to exist any more.

I don't really feel like we need two strikers, tbh, as I can't see us playing with two up front in the vast majority of games. Jackson has 5 in 17, which isn't a terrible return, given how little we've created. Happy choosing between him and another for the run-in.

I get that and I will happily live with one. But I just feel Mullen and Cooke are too injury prone to be reliable.

Edited by djchapsticks

6 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

My priority would be a Defensive Mid.

Ideally, not lose any key players today.

That hadn't even occurred to me :lol:

I think we'll be safe, can't imagine the vultures circling round many of the current crop. Kyle would be our main sellable asset and he's injured, so we should be safe.

1 hour ago, Magic Monkey said:

This ^^^

There is a fairly broad agreement here :-

1. Striker who bangs in goals

2. Defensive midfielder i.e. Kante (Not sure he will come though but a younger clone would do nicely)

3. Either a Right Back or a Centre Back or both

IT is clear that negotiations have not been sliding easy for the last few days, but 2 strikers still a possibility, though getting 1 might be the best we manage - more work today.

There are another 2 spaces we could fill.  Managing all 3 in one day is going to be tough!  Good luck to the team doing the business for us . . . :ninja