What do you want from today?

Well according to OK in his press conference he now wants 'one, maybe two' today but we are 'not constrained by the window' a far cry from the two for definite, possibly three statement on Sunday. 

So basically that's an admission that we're now relying on free transfers. 

We've spent the whole month and it now looks quite likely that we won't add to the area of the park we've been screaming to strengthen most. 

What does that say of Gus and Fitzy if it comes to scrambling about in bargain bins after the window closes yet again?! 

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Well according to OK in his press conference he now wants 'one, maybe two' today but we are 'not constrained by the window' a far cry from the two for definite, possibly three statement on Sunday. 

We've spent the whole month and it now looks quite likely that we won't add to the area of the park we've been screaming to strengthen most. 

What does that say of Gus and Fitzy if it comes to scrambling about in bargain bins after the window closes yet again?! 

If by "scrambling around" you mean bringing in players like Jackson, Hammill and Ferdinand then I am all for it.

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

What does it say about Gus and Fitzy? They want a Merc but realty is they can only afford a Ford Ka. We need to understand where we are budget wise. We are second bottom salary payers in the premiership only Livie pay less with both Hamilton and Dundee pay more than we can afford at this time. It's frustrating for all of us connected to the club but it's reality. I'm sure we have one or two lined up though I'm sure these two players are waiting to see if something better comes in. 

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

What does it say about Gus and Fitzy? They want a Merc but realty is they can only afford a Ford Ka. We need to understand where we are budget wise. We are second bottom salary payers in the premiership only Livie pay less with both Hamilton and Dundee pay more than we can afford at this time. It's frustrating for all of us connected to the club but it's reality. I'm sure we have one or two lined up though I'm sure these two players are waiting to see if something better comes in. 

I think it’s about more than salary. 

- we are a shop window for better clubs in Scotland, or beyond if they’re good enough.

- we can offer playing time (if they are that good), against men (if they’re u23).

- we can offer them a no lose proposition. We go down, “well sure they were bottom of the league anyway!l. We stay up, “wow my contribution made a big difference.”

- a track record of supporting players medically and otherwise? I hope so. 

23 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

It means they have bust their arses trying to do what they can to bring people in but may have failed to recruit in a couple of key positions.

Failure happens. It's not intentional, it's not always worthy of severe criticism by those who probably have no idea how many sleepless nights all of them have endured for months now as they try and repair the damage to the campaign.

I have no doubt that both of them have done and continue to do everything humanly possible to get the right people in. If at the end of those efforts we fail to recruit and end up relegated, I don't feel inclined to give them a hard time over that. If we go down, we go down. It won't be the end of the world.

I just think we need to cut these guys and ourselves a bit of slack.

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It means they have bust their arses trying to do what they can to bring people in but may have failed to recruit in a couple of key positions.

Failure happens. It's not intentional, it's not always worthy of severe criticism by those who probably have no idea how many sleepless nights all of them have endured for months now as they try and repair the damage to the campaign.

I have no doubt that both of them have done and continue to do everything humanly possible to get the right people in. If at the end of those efforts we fail to recruit and end up relegated, I don't feel inclined to give them a hard time over that. If we go down, we go down. It won't be the end of the world.

Then with all due respect STFU and don't run around telling anyone listening that this deal and that deal is 'all but done'.

I agree it's difficult and those in charge are doing their damndest, but isn't it worrying that it feels like around half a dozen deals appear to have fallen through at various points in this window? I'm under no illusions this is normal for a club like us but FFS stop telling folk, 'oh aye....2 or 3 this week, definitely' and nothing happens.

This is eerily similar to the Summer when it also kept happening.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Then with all due respect STFU and don't run around telling anyone listening that this deal and that deal is 'all but done'.

I agree it's difficult and those in charge are doing their damndest, but isn't it worrying that it feels like around half a dozen deals appear to have fallen through at various points in this window? I'm under no illusions this is normal for a club like us but FFS stop telling folk, 'oh aye....2 or 3 this week, definitely' and nothing happens.

For a second I thought your STFU line was aimed at me personally. :lol:

I agree about leaking information. OK and TF should be saying NOTHING until a signing is made. Gus was pretty good at that. Otherwise they are playing the Duke of York, leading the 10,000 men up the hill and leaving them half way up without a map or compass.

I know both of them want to keep morale high amongst the support but they are not helping and they are equally creating a rod for themselves which that same support will use to beat them over the head with.

There is nothing to be gained by any of this. That goes for the ITK people as well.

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

In fairness Oran in interviews has said. We hope- you never know until their signed - someone else can come along. Take a hot chocolate not worth getting worked up over. 

4 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

That hadn't even occurred to me :lol:

I think we'll be safe, can't imagine the vultures circling round many of the current crop. Kyle would be our main sellable asset and he's injured, so we should be safe.

In fairness considering most of our starting XI have only just joined, there’s not much of a threat in this respect :lol:

As you state Kyle would be the obvious choice but his injury works to our advantage for once. Potentially Erhahon could be chased, preferably not though. 

(If any opposition clubs are reading this, you don’t want these guys. Jeff King and Cole Kpekawa are available, and free)

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Spot on.

f**k it, we'll be ok. The squad is threadbare but Jackson is decent enough. We have a LB now so Ethan can push forward.

Hladky

Hodson - Popescu - Baird - Muzek

------- Erhahon - McGinn--------

McAllister---Lyons---Dreyer

---------Jackson------------

Everyone in their proper position. Better protection for the defence from Ethan. That's decent enough to get us out of this mess. As long as we get no injuries or suspensions, and never need to make a substitution, we'll be absolutely golden.

COYS.

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

If you look at the average salaries (https://www.statista.com/statistics/547202/average-annual-first-team-player-salaray-football-clubs-scottish-premiership/), there is nothing between us and Motherwell, Hamilton or St Johnstone. Particularly as we have now reduced our squad size significantly: the same budget is now spread over fewer players which means higher wages.

It is not a valid argument to simply say we don't pay enough. Yes, we should be a bottom 6 team on budget, but there's no reason we need to be bottom based on finances alone.

13 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

f**k it, we'll be ok. The squad is threadbare but Jackson is decent enough. We have a LB now so Ethan can push forward.

Hladky

Hodson - Popescu - Baird - Muzek

------- Erhahon - McGinn--------

McAllister---Lyons---Dreyer

---------Jackson------------

Everyone in their proper position. Better protection for the defence from Ethan. That's decent enough to get us out of this mess. As long as we get no injuries or suspensions, and never need to make a substitution, we'll be absolutely golden.

COYS.

Hodson is already out injured . . . so its P. McGinn at RB for now  :cheers