Welcome Duckens Nazon

The big man stood up to the pressure and tucked away the penalty today , but he really needs to try and keep his emotions in check. I thought he was lucky to stay on the park given the referees this season.  Have seen enough of him to see he offers us something different upfront. Can be a big player for us in the run in. 

I wouldn’t say he was lucky to stay on the park he never done anything to deserve two yellows or a straight red.

31 minutes ago, munoz said:

The big man stood up to the pressure and tucked away the penalty today , but he really needs to try and keep his emotions in check. I thought he was lucky to stay on the park given the referees this season.  Have seen enough of him to see he offers us something different upfront. Can be a big player for us in the run in. 

Lazy diving cheat! Quite rightly hooked at halftime. 

24 minutes ago, munoz said:

Agree , he was rightly taken off. Will still have a big part to play in the run in .

A touch of the"Morellos" there. 

Goals too.  Precautionary change. 

As he gets fitter my feeling is that there is a lot more to come. 

He certainly won't go u noticed.

8 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

I wouldn’t say he was lucky to stay on the park he never done anything to deserve two yellows or a straight red.

There was a late challenge, and a dive. So that's two things at least he did for another yellow. Very lucky to stay on the park.

We were actually much better going forwards in the 2nd half with Jackson up front and McAllister coming up to support.

The Duck isn't very fit or mobile, he offers something different for sure but I'm not convinced he deserves a start over Jackson.

There was a late challenge, and a dive. So that's two things at least he did for another yellow. Very lucky to stay on the park.

We were actually much better going forwards in the 2nd half with Jackson up front and McAllister coming up to support.

The Duck isn't very fit or mobile, he offers something different for sure but I'm not convinced he deserves a start over Jackson.

Didn’t see any challenge that warranted another yellow imo just few niggling fouls then got booked for moaning at the ref for one.

Didn’t think it was a yellow for a dive either he played the ball past and was blocked by the defender just standing his ground wasn’t a foul and wasn’t a dive imo.

Was 100% right call to take him off just didn’t think he was lucky not to be sent off in the 1st half.

Agreed I prefer Jackson up top in games like that much more mobile.

Hopefully the duck will get better as he gets more fit and also be a bit less angry on the pitch.

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I would not want to be a defender playing against him the big man will score a good few goals this season.

He is exactly what we were looking for.  A big strong target man,  capable of holding off defenders and scores goals. I like what he brings. He will get fitter. 

I'll leave it to OK on who should start and when but we now have more options and three forwards scoring goals.  Duckens,  Jackson and McAllister. 

Big improvement there.  COYS

Edited by St.Ricky

18 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

He is exactly what we were looking for.  A big strong target man,  capable of holding off defenders and scores goals. I like what he brings. He will get fitter. 

I'll leave it to OK on who should start and when but we now have more options and three forwards scoring goals.  Dickens,  Jackson and McAllister. 

Big improvement there.  COYS

Dickens? Charles maybe? :rolleyes:

Great expectations for what he'll bring. Moving forward I hope he helps us through the Hard times and Boz's defenders!

4 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

I like him a lot. Wouldn't be averse to pushing Jackson wide in a front three, with McAllister on the other flank.

Shame it'd leave us getting ruined through the middle.

The ability to switch to this formation during games could be very effective though MM. 

31 minutes ago, jpmslither said:

When Kyle and Top Bin are back that could definitely work. Especially Kyle with his ability to go box to box.

Yeah, good shout.

It occurred to me yesterday when Jackson was doing a lot of his best work away from the centre anyway. Jackson has enough pace but no height: Duckens is lacking fitness, this could be the solution that stretches teams like we rarely have this season.

It'd let us be far more direct, too.

12 hours ago, Kemp said:

Jackson played out wide in his first game for us, maybe another time after that. He's not much good there.

I think McAllister and Lyons pushing up behind the striker is our best option.

I take your point (and didn't see those games) but will add that there's been lots of people playing in their 'correct' positions this season who haven't been much good :lol:

Bear in mind it can depend who you're playing with, who's behind and alongside you, etc. I think it'd be worth a go. 

In fairness, 4-3-3 is due to come up in Oran's formation tombola at some point soon anyway... :ph34r:

Edited by Magic Monkey

Great to have this wee insight into the Duck's life.

What we learn from this :-

1. We only payed for easyjet flights for him to come to us.   :happyclapper

2. He likes his food.

3. He is a passionate footballer.

4. He expects to be scoring goals (This was before he scored his 1st and 2nd with us.)

5. Oran takes time with him and the others - good man management and what that does.     :bounce2

• 1 month later...