Welcome Duckens Nazon

He looked like a competition winner.

I remember Stephane Bahoken having a similarly honking home debut against Partick Thistle a few seasons back. Then the usual need to give him time after etc. Don’t think he ever started for us again.

I would be surprised if Nazon started on Sat after that show last night. Mullen did far more in his short time on the pitch and surely must get the nod against United.

Stéphane Bahoken is still playing in the top league in france 20 appearances 7 goals this season.

So your point is kinda proved complete nonsense with the player you chose to mention clearly he should have been given more time.

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:09 AM, TPAFKATS said:

Much better performance from Duckens yesterday

Yes, a couple of weeks training with the squad now and after a sub appearance he played 90 minutes for the 1st time in 2 months in a competitive match.

It is clear that he and Jackson together could rattle in some goals. They are very different. He is physically stronger and holds the ball well, runs his man well and runs at them with purpose. Jackson will create with 1, 2's and score when he gets chances laid on - but they will both set up the other I trust. 

We just need to get the defensive side of our team working - that includes work by our midfield. MacPherson looks like he should be playing when he is fit. But we need more effective defensive work from Lyons, Tansey and the McGinns and probably Hodson back ASAP.

I would not be surprised to see Erhahon and MacPherson in the centre of our midfield with Tansey sitting in, in front or even behind them - personally I would play our fastest player there, if they can tackle - even if it is Lyons or P. McGinn.

Big test for Popescu and Baird next ala Cosgrove; and for our FB's with GMS and NMcGinn; never mind their midfield or defence... - ARGH!

Come on Oran time for one of those surprise results like your 1st game in charge. :guinness

Guest TPAFKATS
Yes, a couple of weeks training with the squad now and after a sub appearance he played 90 minutes for the 1st time in 2 months in a competitive match.
It is clear that he and Jackson together could rattle in some goals. They are very different. He is physically stronger and holds the ball well, runs his man well and runs at them with purpose. Jackson will create with 1, 2's and score when he gets chances laid on - but they will both set up the other I trust. 
We just need to get the defensive side of our team working - that includes work by our midfield. MacPherson looks like he should be playing when he is fit. But we need more effective defensive work from Lyons, Tansey and the McGinns and probably Hodson back ASAP.
I would not be surprised to see Erhahon and MacPherson in the centre of our midfield with Tansey sitting in, in front or even behind them - personally I would play our fastest player there, if they can tackle - even if it is Lyons or P. McGinn.
Big test for Popescu and Baird next ala Cosgrove; and for our FB's with GMS and NMcGinn; never mind their midfield or defence... - ARGH!
Come on Oran time for one of those surprise results like your 1st game in charge. :guinness
If playing, I'd rather see tansey as far up the field as possible at least until he improves. Means there's more guys covering behind him.

18 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
5 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

If playing, I'd rather see tansey as far up the field as possible at least until he improves. Means there's more guys covering behind him.

Tansey i could forgive if he would cut out the tanturms and blaming everybody else for his mistakes

Straight from kick off he hit the ref with his attempt at a crossfield pass

Instantly he started to blame others

Save your breathe for more running than less chat and he would get on better

I have rated Tansey in the past but his first half display was as bad as Kyle Hutton for looking lost and Stuart Carswell for pointing. He took no responsibility and constantly ball watched without picking up anyone - ever. I would play him in the reserves for the next couple of games to restore some confidence and relearn what he once knew.

But Duckens has improved each game.

21 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

Tansey i could forgive if he would cut out the tanturms and blaming everybody else for his mistakes

Straight from kick off he hit the ref with his attempt at a crossfield pass

Instantly he started to blame others

Save your breathe for more running than less chat and he would get on better

I think that what many of us don't understand is what a big lay-off as a professional footballer does to your head. Gary MacKenzie was the same.

Tansey knows he is a better player than he is showing right now - he wants to show us, but he is a wee bit away on physical and mental strength, and on match fitness.

He is here for 18 months and has a Scottish Cup winners medal and was a real star that day - he is only 30 - give him a chance to get where he can show off his ability and then we can all breath a sigh of relief.

Edited by Sweeper07
punctuation

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

I have rated Tansey in the past but his first half display was as bad as Kyle Hutton for looking lost and Stuart Carswell for pointing. He took no responsibility and constantly ball watched without picking up anyone - ever. I would play him in the reserves for the next couple of games to restore some confidence and relearn what he once knew.

Get Carswell on. .

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Tansey looks and plays uncannily like Hutton and Carswell. Hope we are all wrong. 

I predict the Duck will be a hero this season.

Edited by magnus

5 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I agree because getting dufflecoated after 45 mins won't be doing his confidence any good

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:44 PM, MenstrieSaint said:

Thinking Simeon and the Duck should start up front on Saturday . Give them the chance to develop an understanding , maybe have one less attacking midfielder.

The Duck interview on Buddievision - who the fcuk are Aberdeen - well not quite a direct quote, but wouldn't it be wonderful if that attitude frees him to bag a brace or a hat-trick?

OK take note - get right into them with this kind of mentality and let's take something up there . . . :spud7

On 2/11/2019 at 7:44 PM, MenstrieSaint said:

Thinking Simeon and the Duck should start up front on Saturday . Give them the chance to develop an understanding , maybe have one less attacking midfielder.

Definitely start with the 2 of them.made a massive difference on Saturday when that happened.if we play in an attacking formation we might stand a chance. we've tried every defensive formation out their and we have still took heavy defeats.lets break the mould and take the game to them. . Sick of boring football and still getting hammered.

The big man stood up to the pressure and tucked away the penalty today , but he really needs to try and keep his emotions in check. I thought he was lucky to stay on the park given the referees this season.  Have seen enough of him to see he offers us something different upfront. Can be a big player for us in the run in.