Umbrella Companies

faraway saint

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

From the link you supplied................."Most employment agencies and umbrella companies operate within the tax rules."

From your previous post...................." People only use them when they know they are going to be caught by that legislation"

Can you spot the difference? 

Yes, my first statement was about motives for using these companies by contractors. The second deals with the legality of umbrella companies. Two totally different things.

You clutch whatever straws you feel you need to justify paying less tax than you should.

Edited by oaksoft

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Again, your assumption I'm trying to pay less tax is frankly insulting and fecking annoying.

Now, go away before I get upset, ya fud! 

I love the smell of denial in the morning.

So crisp.

So fresh.

Hope you enjoy the brand new car you are going to buy with the tax and NI you are planning to avoid paying. :P

Just now, oaksoft said:

I love the smell of denial in the morning.

So crisp.

So fresh.

Hope you enjoy the brand new car you are going to buy with the tax and NI you are planning to avoid paying. :P

Let's get this straight ya cnut, where have I indicated I was trying to avoid paying tax?

Show me or shut the feck up.

You do love making a cnut of yourself, unable to take in what has been posted, preferring to focus on your own agenda.

Really, do one. 

19 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Let's get this straight ya cnut, where have I indicated I was trying to avoid paying tax?

Show me or shut the feck up.

You do love making a cnut of yourself, unable to take in what has been posted, preferring to focus on your own agenda.

Really, do one. 

The entire raison d'etre for these companies was in response to freelancers coming under IR35 legislation. They are tax avoidance vehicles.

You believe what you want though.

French on a football forum eh?

Edited by oaksoft

14 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:

You may have quoted French on a forum but you have no idea what "raison d'etre" means if you believe that.

Congratulations on another fantastic contribution to the forum. 

Arguments succunctly laid out. Counter points challenged articulated.

Oh wait........

Congratulations on another fantastic contribution to the forum. 
Arguments succunctly laid out. Counter points challenged articulated.
Oh wait........
There's neither anything to argue against nor any points made in your post to counter except the one I did counter. Apart from that, I bow to your superior intellect and debating skills, don't know what I was thinking...

Don't wait too long, now.

I've done work as a contractor through agencies which used umbrella companies. Far from being tax avoidance, some agencies use them as the only way to get paid for the contracting and most of the umbrella companies used make you go paye through them in order to comply with IR35. Then they take a fee for processing and pay the employers N.I contribution from the money the contractor earned. Its a sure fire way of not making as much as you should from a job with a decent rate. A lot of deductions to consider.

The higher quote will probably be from an umbrella company processing on a self employed or Ltd basis and will require A UTR number. That method means you need to fill in a tax self assessment and if Ltd, the tax return for the company.

1 minute ago, slapsalmon said:

I've done work as a contractor through agencies which used umbrella companies. Far from being tax avoidance, some agencies use them as the only way to get paid for the contracting and most of the umbrella companies used make you go paye through them in order to comply with IR35. Then they take a fee for processing and pay the employers N.I contribution from the money the contractor earned. Its a sure fire way of not making as much as you should from a job with a decent rate. A lot of deductions to consider.

The higher quote will probably be from an umbrella company processing on a self employed or Ltd basis and will require A UTR number. That method means you need to fill in a tax self assessment and if Ltd, the tax return for the company.

Feck, here was me planning to be sitting in the Maldives posting shite on here next week. :wink:

4 minutes ago, slapsalmon said:

With those extra dozens of pounds you've swindled in employers N.I contributions :lol:

This, from your first post, is the exact reason I'm using one of these companies........................

"Far from being tax avoidance, some agencies use them as the only way to get paid for the contracting and most of the umbrella companies used make you go paye through them in order to comply with IR35."