Sign in to follow this  
St.Ricky

Referee Statistics Andrew Dallas and others 2019

1 minute ago, Yflab said:

My only surprise was that he did not order a retake of the penalty that hit the post.

Or, just give the goal claiming it crossed the line before hitting the post. 

14 minutes ago, munoz said:

Or, just give the goal claiming it crossed the line before hitting the post. 

You are taking that too far. Sounding more like a Celtic fan now.

I feel it's not a high enough profile game for the SFA to do anything about his performance. That's the sad reality of it.  He will be protected and told next time don't give anymore than 3 to the one team next time round.

Listening to BBC radio this morn and during the sports segment they discussed the game and the commentator said the same as the majority of non-Sevconians in that 1 pen was legit and 3 were wrong; Simulation (no contact admitted by the player apparently) and 2 outside the box.

Did anyone catch sport-scene? Was it ignored? Discussed.... I assume brushed aside and an attempt to justify the decisions?

1 hour ago, antrin said:

Penalties even themselves out over a season.

so I expect Celtic got two or three yesterday....?

39 minutes ago, munoz said:

Why Celtic?

I'll be expecting 3 against Motherwell on Wednesday. 

“Why Celtic?”.

obviously because when things are seen to be all equalled out, then it’s of primary importance that Celtic and Rangers are on the same footing.

none of the other clubs matter.

11 minutes ago, antrin said:

“Why Celtic?”.

obviously because when things are seen to be all equalled out, then it’s of primary importance that Celtic and Rangers are on the same footing.

none of the other clubs matter.

I see.

1 hour ago, Ethan said:

I see Steve Clarke has now come out demanding Defoe is given a ban as Jones was. He also slates Dallas. Our club need to do likewise. No point doing nothing as it plays into the hands of the SFA. 

Exactly.  Well said Clarke. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47116443

2 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Though the result and effects of this are bad - hopefully with it being so publicly shown up for what it was, we will benefit in the longer term - but who knows. . 

Doubtful. 

Though the result and effects of this are bad - hopefully with it being so publicly shown up for what it was, we will benefit in the longer term - but who knows. . 

I’ve been watching St Mirren for over 40 years. This has been going on for all the years I’ve been going.

If you think things will change then you’re in gut a very long wait.

More likely to be slapped down further for daring to question an employee of the establishment.

1 minute ago, SBS said:
3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

More likely to be slapped down further for daring to question an employee of the establishment.

Not sure if you mean Clarke will be slapped down or we will. He is more outspoken than us . .. I think this is a good thing for us. :spud5

One of my favourite Ibrox penalty incidents from the past. From 9:10 in the video.

For younger viewers, this is with Saints already leading 3-2 on aggregate in the 2nd half of the League Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg.

Of course, the penalty later awarded to Rangers was a stone waller on John McDonald ( who was known as Polaris, named after the nuclear submarines of the time due to his prolific diving).

One of my favourite Ibrox penalty incidents from the past. From 9:10 in the video.
For younger viewers, this is with Saints already leading 3-2 on aggregate in the 2nd half of the League Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg.
Of course, the penalty later awarded to Rangers was a stone waller on John McDonald ( who was known as Polaris, named after the nuclear submarines of the time due to his prolific diving).

This is the first time I’ve seen this since the game itself.

Reviewing the incidents, it actually looks like a good tackle from Colin Jackson. The angle and the force of the ball going away from the incident makes it look like Jackson got good contact on the ball.

The Rangers penalty also does look like a penalty to me.

Maybe not robbed after all?

However, in the first leg at Love Street, my memory is that, at 1-0 to Saints, we should have won a penalty. However, ref didn’t give and while Saints players were chasing after the ref, Rangers broke and equalised. Game finished 2-2.

5 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Reviewing the incidents, it actually looks like a good tackle from Colin Jackson. The angle and the force of the ball going away from the incident makes it look like Jackson got good contact on the ball.

However, in the first leg at Love Street, my memory is that, at 1-0 to Saints, we should have won a penalty. However, ref didn’t give and while Saints players were chasing after the ref, Rangers broke and equalised. Game finished 2-2.

When did we sign the hurdler?

6 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Who was the ref - Tam Dallas ? (Grandad)