Things we know

If we do replace Oran, then we give up hope of ever being taken seriously and will end up with muppets applying.

We have a serious problem however we finish

We just dont have loans but we have very few Scots. 1 out 10 of Orans/Gus picks are Scots.

We are setting up for a huge fall if we dont start backing the picks our BOD makes...................

We also need players starting to come thru again, we have zero assests on the pitch................

Scottish Football is going backwards again

11 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

If we do replace Oran, then we give up hope of ever being taken seriously and will end up with muppets applying.

We have a serious problem however we finish

We just dont have loans but we have very few Scots. 1 out 10 of Orans/Gus picks are Scots.

We are setting up for a huge fall if we dont start backing the picks our BOD makes...................

We also need players starting to come thru again, we have zero assests on the pitch................

Scottish Football is going backwards again

You have responded to some hypothetical nonsense - Oran is not getting replaced any time soon. That would be crazy stuff....  :hammer

Unbelievable fans are talking like this. Oran walked into a nightmare but knew it and still had the balls to take us on. He knew that it was a total F-up of a squad and he, and the managers internally made a plan, executed it almost perfectly by getting rid of the duds and bringing in almost an entire new team of players. Of course had it been down to them they would have kept Hammill - but it wasn't. 

The new guys are hardly in the door and we have played 1 game with them all now here and it was against the 2nd best team (certainly 2nd biggest budget) and the ref gave them unwarranted penalties - and fans are knicker-wetting.

Our squad is part way to the transition from being Championship level to being a very competent Premiership level and after all the chaos - in a way we are lucky that Dee and the Hammers are totally shi*e.

All the teams have loan players and we have an uncertain future whether we stay up or not (as do our 2 nearest rivals) . It therefore makes sense having loan players. The fact that some are foreign rather than Scottish is good in a way - the fact that Hladky, Popescu already look like better players than we could have afforded if they were Scottish - Hladky is here for 18 months and we have an option to buy Popescu.  However, we are still producing younger players - even though we have moved up a level, guys like Erhahon and MacPherson are getting 1st team games.

I don't agree we have zero assets on the pitch - I think all our players are of value - once they have some time together I am confident we will be thinking a whole lot more confidently about the future too.   :)  In the summer there will be more outs and ins - same for every team. We might have more of these than the likes of the Fakes, but they have been able to establish themselves and that is there system, a few out a few in to keep the squad more settled... We might just get there, but survival is the target for now . . .

5 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

You have responded to some hypothetical nonsense - Oran is not getting replaced any time soon. That would be crazy stuff....  :hammer

Unbelievable fans are talking like this. Oran walked into a nightmare but knew it and still had the balls to take us on. He knew that it was a total F-up of a squad and he, and the managers internally made a plan, executed it almost perfectly by getting rid of the duds and bringing in almost an entire new team of players. Of course had it been down to them they would have kept Hammill - but it wasn't. 

The new guys are hardly in the door and we have played 1 game with them all now here and it was against the 2nd best team (certainly 2nd biggest budget) and the ref gave them unwarranted penalties - and fans are knicker-wetting.

Our squad is part way to the transition from being Championship level to being a very competent Premiership level and after all the chaos - in a way we are lucky that Dee and the Hammers are totally shi*e.

All the teams have loan players and we have an uncertain future whether we stay up or not (as do our 2 nearest rivals) . It therefore makes sense having loan players. The fact that some are foreign rather than Scottish is good in a way - the fact that Hladky, Popescu already look like better players than we could have afforded if they were Scottish - Hladky is here for 18 months and we have an option to buy Popescu.  However, we are still producing younger players - even though we have moved up a level, guys like Erhahon and MacPherson are getting 1st team games.

I don't agree we have zero assets on the pitch - I think all our players are of value - once they have some time together I am confident we will be thinking a whole lot more confidently about the future too.   :)  In the summer there will be more outs and ins - same for every team. We might have more of these than the likes of the Fakes, but they have been able to establish themselves and that is there system, a few out a few in to keep the squad more settled... We might just get there, but survival is the target for now . . .

How do u know Oran wont be replaced or walk away. Thats purely based on ur opinion. If we keep losing every week and Oran gets the same points return of 0.4 a game he will go. We dont have any player of the quality of Mallan Morgan or McLean. I hope Oran stays but he needs to be better. 

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

How do u know Oran wont be replaced or walk away. Thats purely based on ur opinion. If we keep losing every week and Oran gets the same points return of 0.4 a game he will go. We dont have any player of the quality of Mallan Morgan or McLean. I hope Oran stays but he needs to be better. 

fair point - IF we don't win much, the BOD will have the option to sack him.  However, it is not the preferred option and the GS stated this by saying whatever happens, relegation or not Oran would be our manager going forward. (Or words to that effect) So it is not based purely on my opinion.

We don't have a player the quality of Messi or other guys that play in better teams than us either. Mallan is doing well for Hibs, McLean only played 5 games at Norwick - but they are both teams not only rated higher than us, but with bigger budgets. I am not sure though whether we don't have anyone who will prove to be worth more though... give the new guys a chance to show what they can do and give Oran a chance to teach them how he wants them to play together... then we can better judge things .:)

We lack leadership on the park when things go against us,heads go down too quickly.

And sad to say McGinn time is coming to an end ,gets caught on the ball,slow to react, just when we need him to stand up ,Hugh Murray style and drive us forward.

Do not see any of the loan guys taking up the torch on our behalf.

10 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

We lack leadership on the park when things go against us,heads go down too quickly.

And sad to say McGinn time is coming to an end ,gets caught on the ball,slow to react, just when we need him to stand up ,Hugh Murray style and drive us forward.

McGinn is carrying an injury that needs an operation. He is fighting for the cause. We have midfield players on trial. When we sign one I would expect McGinn Stephoen to be out for a while.  Some Saints fans have short memories.  

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

McGinn is carrying an injury that needs an operation. He is fighting for the cause. We have midfield players on trial. When we sign one I would expect McGinn Stephoen to be out for a while.  Some Saints fans have short memories.  

I just love the title of this thread - it automatically takes me to Donald Rumsfeld - here is a wee taster for our perusal :-

He was a clever man - but there are things that we cannot or don't know - especially when it comes to the future !  :ninja

Go on then - have a wee smile  :D

1 hour ago, waldorf34 said:

I said it before and will say it again,we have lost our way, and playing hasbeens and carpetbaggers  , who will all be gone in the summer is a disaster

The players Stubbs brought in were not good enough period. We shipped most of them out. Trying to bring the quality in as replacements was always tough for a club like ours plus most others outbid us.  It is too early to judge whether those brought in will gel and improve the performances and results. What else do you do if your primary targets don't sign? Every signing is a gamble so all we can do is continue to support the players and management team. If we go down then we start again.

2 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

I said it before and will say it again,we have lost our way, and playing hasbeens and carpetbaggers  , who will all be gone in the summer is a disaster

That will be fine. Then we can try recruiting properly for next seasons Championship title. 

12 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Things we Know.
We know how to get to Dunfermline, Firhill and Falkirk. We also know Dumfries and Sneckie are two good away days . We know a lot of our support don’t like going to the bigot-domes anyway
All of which may come in handy next season emoji848.png.

Things we will shortly find out

Via A9
Distance: 107.2 miles (show in km)
Time: 2 hrs 04 mins

2 hrs 15 mins / 121.1 milesthree-dots.gif
Via M8 and M90...
Start: Unit 41 The Paisley Centre, Paisley, United Kingdom
Head north-east on Gallow Green Rd/B775
At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Underwood Rd/B775
Turn left onto Greenhill Rd
Greenhill Rd turns right and becomes McFarlane St
Turn left towards A726
Turn left at the 1st cross street onto A726
At the roundabout, take the 4th exit onto the M8 slip road to Glasgow
Keep right, follow signs for M8/Glasgow and merge onto M8
Take the M80 exit towards Stirling/Kincardine Bridge
M80
StirlingKincardine Br
Continue onto M80
Stirling Services Northbound
Located at Junction 9 of the M80. For Services follow signs
Merge onto M9
CrianlarichPerth
At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto A9
Perth
A9
At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto M90 heading to Edinburgh/Dundee/Aberdeen/Coupar Angus/Blairgowrie/Braemar
Forth Road BrEdinburghM90

Take the exit towards A90/Dundee/Aberdeen/Coupar Angus/Blairgowrie/Braemar
DundeeForfarAberdeenBraemarCoupar Angus
(A90)
Merge onto M90
Continue onto A90
AberdeenForfarDundee
A90
At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Kingsway W/A90
At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit and stay on Kingsway W/A90
At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Kingsway/A90
At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Kingsway E/A972
Go through 1 roundabout
Tay BridgeArbroath
A972 (A92)
At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Arbroath Rd/A92
At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit and stay on Arbroath Rd/A92
Continue to follow A92
At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit and stay on A92
Go through 1 roundabout
At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Dundee Rd/B964
At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Infirmary Brae/B964
Continue to follow B964
Continue onto Addison Pl
Turn right onto Jamieson St
Arrive: Arbroath DD11 2BD, UK
  Section time: 2 h 4 min, Total time: 2 h 4 min

map-sprite-006.png
map-sprite-006.png
map-sprite-006.png
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i8!2i124!3i78!4i256!2m3!
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i8!2i124!3i79!4i256!2m3!
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i8!2i123!3i80!4i256!2m3!
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i8!2i125!3i80!4i256!2m3!
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i8!2i127!3i78!4i256!2m3!
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i8!2i127!3i79!4i256!2m3!
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i8!2i126!3i78!4i256!2m3!
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i8!2i123!3i79!4i256!2m3!
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i8!2i126!3i79!4i256!2m3!
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i8!2i124!3i80!4i256!2m3!
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i8!2i127!3i80!4i256!2m3!
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i8!2i125!3i79!4i256!2m3!
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i8!2i125!3i78!4i256!2m3!
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i8!2i126!3i80!4i256!2m3!
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i8!2i123!3i78!4i256!2m3!
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i8!2i122!3i80!4i256!2m3!
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i8!2i122!3i79!4i256!2m3!
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i8!2i122!3i78!4i256!2m3!

map-sprite-006.png
map-sprite-006.png
map-sprite-006.png
Directions from here
Directions to here
Via here

Zoom in
Zoom out

Center map here
undo_poly.png
google4_hdpi.png
Map Data
Map data ©2019 Google

Map DataMap data ©2019 Google
Map data ©2019 Google

Traffic
Traffic alerts
Parking
Public car parks
Private car parks

Map
Satellite

On Monday, February 04, 2019 at 1:40 PM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

In reply to the first sentence, after last night fwiw he should go for it now. Second sentence, not very well.

Guest TPAFKATS
I dont recall this Hugh Murray guy who drove us forward when he was in Premier league.
I remember him doing it against the likes of clydebank when we winning what was then the first division in swashbuckling style.

17 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

I dont recall this Hugh Murray guy who drove us forward when he was in Premier league.
I remember him doing it against the likes of clydebank when we winning what was then the first division in swashbuckling style.

Hugh Murray was one of our better players in the Premier league

Especially Gus McPherson's time

A honest competitive battler which he picked up many injuries and cards