Things we know

12 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Ok will leave end of February, Gus in till the summer ,come what may and Goodie then takes over.

Where is all the money coming from ? Do you know how many managers have been sacked in the past few years ? Have you asked yourself who would take the job. ? Oran needs time he has brought in a load of players in the past few weeks. Some careful thought needs to be done wanting Oran out. 

28 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Where is all the money coming from ? Do you know how many managers have been sacked in the past few years ? Have you asked yourself who would take the job. ? Oran needs time he has brought in a load of players in the past few weeks. Some careful thought needs to be done wanting Oran out. 

He is just stirring the brown stuff - respond if you like - I don't think he is worth it though . . . :spud6

Help - wondering if anyone can help.  Attended a pre season friendly in 68 (I think) Wimbledon (Southern Premier at the time) v St Mirren

Score was 3-3 . trying to recall the 3 guest players for Wimbledon.

Have note been able to find any info on this match.

On 2/4/2019 at 11:22 AM, Sweeper07 said:

You have responded to some hypothetical nonsense - Oran is not getting replaced any time soon. That would be crazy stuff....  :hammer

Unbelievable fans are talking like this. Oran walked into a nightmare but knew it and still had the balls to take us on. He knew that it was a total F-up of a squad and he, and the managers internally made a plan, executed it almost perfectly by getting rid of the duds and bringing in almost an entire new team of players. Of course had it been down to them they would have kept Hammill - but it wasn't. 

The new guys are hardly in the door and we have played 1 game with them all now here and it was against the 2nd best team (certainly 2nd biggest budget) and the ref gave them unwarranted penalties - and fans are knicker-wetting.

Our squad is part way to the transition from being Championship level to being a very competent Premiership level and after all the chaos - in a way we are lucky that Dee and the Hammers are totally shi*e.

All the teams have loan players and we have an uncertain future whether we stay up or not (as do our 2 nearest rivals) . It therefore makes sense having loan players. The fact that some are foreign rather than Scottish is good in a way - the fact that Hladky, Popescu already look like better players than we could have afforded if they were Scottish - Hladky is here for 18 months and we have an option to buy Popescu.  However, we are still producing younger players - even though we have moved up a level, guys like Erhahon and MacPherson are getting 1st team games.

I don't agree we have zero assets on the pitch - I think all our players are of value - once they have some time together I am confident we will be thinking a whole lot more confidently about the future too.   :)  In the summer there will be more outs and ins - same for every team. We might have more of these than the likes of the Fakes, but they have been able to establish themselves and that is there system, a few out a few in to keep the squad more settled... We might just get there, but survival is the target for now . . .

All this I agree with. It was easier to bring through youth players in the championship. now we are up against it and need experienced players to try and do something.i know we have some young loanee players but I can only think they must be better than the academy players we have at present.the young guys are on the bench and not getting much action. Only players to play are Erahon and McPherson that's it.

22 minutes ago, wabuddy said:

Help - wondering if anyone can help.  Attended a pre season friendly in 68 (I think) Wimbledon (Southern Premier at the time) v St Mirren

Score was 3-3 . trying to recall the 3 guest players for Wimbledon.

Have note been able to find any info on this match.

I've never heard of a friendly v Wimbledon mate,sorry.

58 minutes ago, Paisley brazilians said:

All this I agree with. It was easier to bring through youth players in the championship. now we are up against it and need experienced players to try and do something.i know we have some young loanee players but I can only think they must be better than the academy players we have at present.the young guys are on the bench and not getting much action. Only players to play are Erahon and McPherson that's it.

Breadner has had 2 sub appearances too. We have others like Glover too but he is not ready for this and has been sent out on loan. This is part of the developing process.

Development of younger players is hard work. At every stage their is a step up in ability, physicality required etc. Many years more get let go than retained. And then the opportunities to play are more difficult and the risk intensifies - managers are wary of the costs of breaking younger guys in. They don't all develop at the same rate either.

As a club we cannot afford to be developing a big number of them, but however many we develop, most will be let go. Look at John Baird who was with is for 3 years from the age of 19 then let go to Montrose on contract. He went on to having a career which at one point say him play in the Premiership with Dungdee and Partick while we were in the division below, but that was 12 years later on.

22 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Breadner has had 2 sub appearances too. We have others like Glover too but he is not ready for this and has been sent out on loan. This is part of the developing process.

Development of younger players is hard work. At every stage their is a step up in ability, physicality required etc. Many years more get let go than retained. And then the opportunities to play are more difficult and the risk intensifies - managers are wary of the costs of breaking younger guys in. They don't all develop at the same rate either.

As a club we cannot afford to be developing a big number of them, but however many we develop, most will be let go. Look at John Baird who was with is for 3 years from the age of 19 then let go to Montrose on contract. He went on to having a career which at one point say him play in the Premiership with Dungdee and Partick while we were in the division below, but that was 12 years later on.

I understand that it is hard to develop young players.what I was meaning was that with the top league compared to the championship it's a lot more physical. There could be players ready for the championships physicality but not the premiership's. The last time we were in the premiership Kenny McLean  Graham cairy and Jason Naismith come through the ranks over many years . in the championship over 2 seasons you had malan McAllister Morgan Baird, magennis ,mcpherson.erahon. all breaking into the first team squad or regulars.

6 hours ago, Paisley brazilians said:

I understand that it is hard to develop young players.what I was meaning was that with the top league compared to the championship it's a lot more physical. There could be players ready for the championships physicality but not the premiership's. The last time we were in the premiership Kenny McLean  Graham cairy and Jason Naismith come through the ranks over many years . in the championship over 2 seasons you had malan McAllister Morgan Baird, magennis ,mcpherson.erahon. all breaking into the first team squad or regulars.

The last time we were in the premiership we brought through Stephen McGinn, Kenny McLean, Marc McAusland, Sean Kelly, Jason Naismith, Thomas Reilly, John McGinn from our academy teams and began playing guys like Jack Baird, Lewis Morgan, Stevie Mallan, Lewis McLear in the final season when we went down.

The players Stubbs brought in were not good enough period. We shipped most of them out.

Same goes for the players that Jack Ross brought in

And therein lies the problem

JR did a fantastic job in winning promotion but the foundations for subsequently staying up were built on sand

Whoever came in faced a complete rebuilding job

None of last season’s first choice back 4 have played for us this season, our keeper left, our 3 top goal scorers are no longer with us and our Scotland U21 midfielder has been injured most of the season!

That just leaves Stephen McGinn!

That, combined with JR leaving weeks after the season ended, a delay in appointing a replacement then giving the job to Stubbs meant that finding decent replacements was always going to be a tall order!