Strategy! What Strategy?

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

A very interesting piece here that highlights the bind our club has put itself in,meven though there is supposed to be an approach, strategy and dedicated personnel to avoid going round and round in circles.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/transfer-embarrassment-ensures-celtic-stroll-13942637

OK  clearly stated at the Q&A this window would need to be a degree of short-term fixes, using the loan market and short deals a lot more than he would like. His preference long-term would be to have a settled squad with a sprinkle of new players over a window. He's done exactly what he said he would and initiated a much needed overhaul. Something you repeatedly claimed he wouldn't be able to do. 

There is no question the story highlights an issue in Scottish football, but suggesting we have deviated any from the strategy OK made very clear, very early on, is rubbish.

9 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

OK  clearly stated at the Q&A this window would need to be a degree of short-term fixes, using the loan market and short deals a lot more than he would like. His preference long-term would be to have a settled squad with a sprinkle of new players over a window. He's done exactly what he said he would and initiated a much needed overhaul. Something you repeatedly claimed he wouldn't be able to do. 

There is no question the story highlights an issue in Scottish football, but suggesting we have deviated any from the strategy OK made very clear, very early on, is rubbish.

Funny that because OK was in the media saying he WOULD'NT be going down the multiple loan route as he believed that was the root of most of our problems. On which occasion was he lying to us?

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

Funny that because OK was in the media saying he WOULD'NT be going down the multiple loan route as he believed that was the root of most of our problems. On which occasion was he lying to us?

He said that to the media regarding this window or is that his preference going forward? In other words does it match exactly his viewpoint from the Q&A. It's been well documented how you like to spin stories and have been proven wrong dozens of times. 

34 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

A very interesting piece here that highlights the bind our club has put itself in,meven though there is supposed to be an approach, strategy and dedicated personnel to avoid going round and round in circles.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/transfer-embarrassment-ensures-celtic-stroll-13942637

What's interesting is that he links panic to buying non-Scottish players.

He's holding Celtic up as an example of home grown talent.

He nicely forgets that 15 years ago Celitc and Rangers had about 2 first team regulars between them and the only reason Celtic have so many Scots is because they don't have the money to buy foreign talent.

If he wants to solve the Loan problem he needs to stop looking at struggling clubs and look at the bigger clubs who hoover up all the talent, leaving a shortfall and an inflated buyers market.

His views can safely be stored under "Nonsense". Why is it that these sorts of journalists can't seem to think things through?

21 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Show us where he said that and in what context.

It's difficult to argue with the statistics in the article. They appear to be correct. Argument arises from the analysis and conclusions when (in our case) they appear to have gone against the quoted desire of our manager to build a settled side with fewer loan signings. I see the overall issues and have sympathy.  The problem exists. 

My own take on our position is that the Club and OK still wish to build a settled side which is then "refreshed" from time to time by new signings and players moving on. But.. And it's a big but.. These have been far from normal times which have required the use of a pragmatic and short term approach..in this case using the loan market.  There are disadvantages but there are advantages not least of which is not committing us to higher levels of wages beyond this season whilst our position in the league is uncertain. Better to sign players in the summer on longer term deals either to build on our position in the top league for the coming season or to help make a credible push for promotion should we go down. 

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

So, you have taken a generic article, about football clubs in Scotland all adopting a short term approach and the reasons for this, to have another go at St Mirren? If they hadn't gone down that route, you'd be having a go at them not doing anything.

Did you work in Salem in a previous incarnation? Burn the witch.

Nothing to read here that hasn't already been discussed on this forum. On average each club has 5 loan players, we probably have more than we would like. At this moment in time it is necessary. Come the summer we will have players signing on for 2 years, the team becomes more settled. 

14 minutes ago, Hendo said:

So, you have taken a generic article, about football clubs in Scotland all adopting a short term approach and the reasons for this, to have another go at St Mirren? If they hadn't gone down that route, you'd be having a go at them not doing anything.

Did you work in Salem in a previous incarnation? Burn the witch.

So the article is my fault? 

What would you rather:

A. Getting relegated with a pack of loanees who know they will be back to their clubs at the end of May with no real personal impact/damage

B. Getting relegated with a team, perhaps inexperienced, but packed with decent signings and academy players, ready to go again, for their club in the new season?

and an additional question, what is the point of paying Gus a wage when the majority of signings look to have been done on Lnkedin..?

Gordon Waddell, dear oh dear..........must be some pressure for column inches.

Nothing here, Scottish football's biggest clubs take smaller clubs best talent shocker, aligned to their massive glory hunting support they thereby maintain their duopoly over provincial diddyism without even having to get their own house in some kind of compliant order. Money talks........................ is there anything else ?

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Don't you watch the Oran interviews ? He said ideally he would prefer to have contacted players. That is his long term plan. He also said the January window is very difficult that loans would have to be used short term .  As far as the artical is concerned soon as I read Celtic I stopped reading it. 

25 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

What would you rather:

A. Getting relegated with a pack of loanees who know they will be back to their clubs at the end of May with no real personal impact/damage

B. Getting relegated with a team, perhaps inexperienced, but packed with decent signings and academy players, ready to go again, for their club in the new season?

and an additional question, what is the point of paying Gus a wage when the majority of signings look to have been done on Lnkedin..?

No one said the article was your fault, just your standard negative responses pinning fault on the club you 'support' You also do your usual when questioned on one of your lies, ignore it. 

The rest of your post proves your unfounded negative stance for all things SMFC.

1. Having us bound to relegation at the start of February, when we are within one result of safety. Players sentenced and hung that you have seen for a maximum of 360 minutes. 

2. An assumption that Gus added no value in bringing in players. What do you base there being absolutely no further research around these players beyond Linkedin on? 

45 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Guys stop biting

Starve him of oxygen :rolleyes: 

9 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

No one said the article was your fault, just your standard negative responses pinning fault on the club you 'support' You also do your usual when questioned on one of your lies, ignore it. 

The rest of your post proves your unfounded negative stance for all things SMFC.

1. Having us bound to relegation at the start of February, when we are within one result of safety. Players sentenced and hung that you have seen for a maximum of 360 minutes. 

2. An assumption that Gus added no value in bringing in players. What do you base there being absolutely no further research around these players beyond Linkedin on? 

DJ has it my friends - don't bite and then he won't get the attention he craves for the nonsense he posts . . . :guinness

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Been saying this for months

50 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

What would you rather:

Personally I'd rather have you as our head coach LPM.

I think you are a footballing genius.

No, a Messiah.

Do we have too many loan players...Yes, do we have a choice at this point after the summer transfer window debacle...No

So get over it and we move on

I am pleased with the players brought in and the S*** seems to mostly be sticking, in fact the one player and I hope its down to fitness that is not for me so far is Tansey who was a known element and I think a signing not a loanee ( I could be wrong and cannot be bothered checking :) )

OK, Gus etc did what they had to do to try and keep us up after a terrible start.

11 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

Do we have too many loan players...Yes, do we have a choice at this point after the summer transfer window debacle...No

So get over it and we move on

I am pleased with the players brought in and the S*** seems to mostly be sticking, in fact the one player and I hope its down to fitness that is not for me so far is Tansey who was a known element and I think a signing not a loanee ( I could be wrong and cannot be bothered checking :) )

OK, Gus etc did what they had to do to try and keep us up after a terrible start.

Hlady is signed for 18 moths and we have an option to buy Popescu. We have re-signed Baird for 2 years, and guys like The McGinns, JAckson, Erhahon, MacPherson and Magennis are on contract for a while too.

Yes knew about them I was talking about the others we have brought in (Disclaimer spellings may not be correct (Duck, Dreyer, Corbeu, lyons, muzek, Mcallister) then we have others loanees or short term deals (Rogers, Ferdinand, hodson,) to me too many short term players but as I said understand why we need them right now and well done to the management for getting them.

The only one I was not sure whether they were a loanee or a signing was Tansey and as I said IMHO the only one I am still unsure of (of those I have seen), the others who have played seem to be decent players and better than or as good as players we already have.

2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

You have called him out - don't expect any factual reply . . . :fire

He won't respond to me specifically.

That's when I know I have defeated him.

It was the same with Dickson. :D

Doesn't bother me in the slightest that this is how he accepts defeat.