Strategy! What Strategy?

26 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

He won't respond to me specifically.

That's when I know I have defeated him.

It was the same with Dickson. :D

Doesn't bother me in the slightest that this is how he accepts defeat.

Careful, Dicko is still a regular visitor to this page. You might infuriate him into setting up the latest in an unknown number of usernames. :lol:

56 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

Do we have too many loan players...Yes, do we have a choice at this point after the summer transfer window debacle...No

So get over it and we move on

I am pleased with the players brought in and the S*** seems to mostly be sticking, in fact the one player and I hope its down to fitness that is not for me so far is Tansey who was a known element and I think a signing not a loanee ( I could be wrong and cannot be bothered checking :) )

OK, Gus etc did what they had to do to try and keep us up after a terrible start.

We did have a choice, evidenced by tbe Tansy signing. There were plenty of other players available to sign, but obviously we haven't put the right work in to get them, instead took the lazy and usually wasteful option of signing a load of guys on Facebook.

Ffs why do people defend this, and think, despite us getting scunnered by this approach so often in the past, that this time, because its that nice young man Oran, it will work out.

39 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

We did have a choice, evidenced by tbe Tansy signing. There were plenty of other players available to sign, but obviously we haven't put the right work in to get them, instead took the lazy and usually wasteful option of signing a load of guys on Facebook.

Ffs why do people defend this, and think, despite us getting scunnered by this approach so often in the past, that this time, because its that nice young man Oran, it will work out.

Where is your evidence for this claim? Is it the same as your evidence that moving 10 or more players on would be 'fantasy' ? There is no way for you to know if better players were available and affordable to sign permanently than who we got on loan because there's no way for you to know how good the loan players will be, they've played a max four games. We also have option to buy for at least two of them. 

Two seasons ago this approach saved us from an almost certain relegation. 

Last seasons loans allowed us to get Morgan back and Liam Smith in. We got promoted. 

Before that you might remember a certain three very influential loan signings that helped us to a major trophy. 

Your comments are all ridiculous and easily proven wrong. 

Edited by bazil85

Listened to Oran's post match interview on the radio last night and what came across was FEAR. The guy had so little to say about the game just gone, or indeed how he saw us getting out of our predicament!

Not once were the words "Fight, Passion or Hard Work" used.

incredibly he seemed to be talking up Saturdays game against Dundee Utd as the most important in our season, and making Utd out to be almost Barcelonaesque in his belief of how they would shape up!

ask most buds what they think of Oran? Generally most first words are "nice guy" or "very likeable". I guess the players (maybe apart from Bairdy today) see him the same way. No one says "leader" "tactician" or "proven experience". My point being this job is beyond him, it always was!

if our league is seen as a diddy league in Europe then the one Oran came from must be(with respect) mickey mouse! Jeez teams from that league cant overturn lower league sides in the irn bru cup, when they can stage a game! To be fair to OK he should have, if he wanted to pursue a full time career over here, started in the championship, part time to begin with, keep on with the teaching, and gain an understanding of the teams and players in this country.

if he showed talent in that environment, then like Ross and so many before him he would have got a gig in this league. He took seven years to win a diddy cup, not a diddy league! Just the diddy cup. That tells you he wasnt the right candidate for a job in the premiership, he was comfortable in a much lower standard, and much lower pressurised football environment. Not a fault, thats just the manager/coach he is.

something very specific i took from his fearful interview last night was how it appeared he viewed this game against Utd as a defining game for him! I really thought he was almost saying "this game is enormous, lose and I'll be hooked". Now obviously i dont know if that's exactly what he was intimating, but it sure as hell sounded that serious. In fact, such was his apparent fear i did have to check the fixture list to confirm it was Utd we were playing and not Barca!

everyone likes him, no one tells you what leadership qualities he exudes. In my opinion Nice guy in the wrong job.

so if we exit the cup on Saturday, and remain on course to be relegated, do you stick with the nice guy, even though you know he can't save you?

The board have absolutely f**ked up in the most pathetic, inept and embarrassing fashion. Look at the players Oran will face on Saturday, all brought in to Utd... cup winners, high placed premiership finishers etc... etc...

and look at how much, much more the board have spent on Stubbs, then his compo, Oran's compo, Oran's free agent signings, Oran's January signings, paying up contracts, paying to put players on loan etc etc.... now if only they had made the budget Neilson was after available to get him on board last summer, we would have the type of player Utd have brought in, we wouldnt be sitting bottom, and...... it would have cost a lot less than the fortune this board have spunked, trying to cover up one cock up, after another.

Indeed if they had been a bit more realistic and hired McIntyre, (who actually knows the league, the plaers etc) instead of Oran in September, we would be better off just now.

final question.... how many, if any of all the U23 loanees, foreigners and Tansey signings did anyone from this club actually see play before they joined?

Edited by Lord Pityme

11 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Listened to Oran's post match interview on the radio last night and what came across was FEAR. The guy had so little to say about the game just gone, or indeed how he saw us getting out of our predicament!

Not once were the words "Fight, Passion or Hard Work" used.

incredibly he seemed to be talking up Saturdays game against Dundee Utd as the most important in our season, and making Utd out to be almost Barcelonaesque in his belief of how they would shape up!

ask most buds what they think of Oran? Generally most first words are "nice guy" or "very likeable". I guess the players (maybe apart from Bairdy today) see him the same way. No one says "leader" "tactician" or "proven experience". My point being this job is beyond him, it always was!

if our league is seen as a diddy league in Europe then the one Oran came from must be(with respect) mickey mouse! Jeez teams from that league cant overturn lower league sides in the irn bru cup, when they can stage a game! To be fair to OK he should have, if he wanted to pursue a full time career over here, started in the championship, part time to begin with, keep on with the teaching, and gain an understanding of the teams and players in this country.

if he showed talent in that environment, then like Ross and so many before him he would have got a gig in this league. He took seven years to win a diddy cup, not a diddy league! Just the diddy cup. That tells you he wasnt the right candidate for a job in the premiership, he was comfortable in a much lower standard, and much lower pressurised football environment. Not a fault, thats just the manager/coach he is.

something very specific i took from his fearful interview last night was how it appeared he viewed this game against Utd as a defining game for him! I really thought he was almost saying "this game is enormous, lose and I'll be hooked". Now obviously i dont know if that's exactly what he was intimating, but it sure as hell sounded that serious. In fact, such was his apparent fear i did have to check the fixture list to confirm it was Utd we were playing and not Barca!

everyone likes him, no one tells you what leadership qualities he exudes. In my opinion Nice guy in the wrong job.

so if we exit the cup on Saturday, and remain on course to be relegated, do you stick with the nice guy, even though you know he can't save you?

The board have absolutely f**ked up in the most pathetic, inept and embarrassing fashion. Look at the players Oran will face on Saturday, all brought in to Utd... cup winners, high placed premiership finishers etc... etc...

and look at how much, much more the board have spent on Stubbs, then his compo, Oran's compo, Oran's free agent signings, Oran's January signings, paying up contracts, paying to put players on loan etc etc.... now if only they had made the budget Neilson was after available to get him on board last summer, we would have the type of player Utd have brought in, we wouldnt be sitting bottom, and...... it would have cost a lot less than the fortune this board have spunked, trying to cover up one cock up, after another.

Indeed if they had been a bit more realistic and hired McIntyre, (who actually knows the league, the plaers etc) instead of Oran in September, we would be better off just now.

final question.... how many, if any of all the U23 loanees, foreigners and Tansey signings did anyone from this club actually see play before they joined?

Bad manager, bad board , bad recruitment.  Everything with St Mirren is bad,bad,bad. We are in a bad place a hard place to come back from but not impossible.  I just wonder what you get out of Saints ?  

35 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Bad manager, bad board , bad recruitment.  Everything with St Mirren is bad,bad,bad. We are in a bad place a hard place to come back from but not impossible.  I just wonder what you get out of Saints ?  

C'mon then, how is it going to be turned round?

who would you rather have in our dugout?

Oran, Robbie or Jim?

they were all available before, and after Stubbs.

Edited by Lord Pityme

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

C'mon then, how is it going to be turned round?

who would you rather have in our dugout?

Oran, Robbie or Jim?

they were all available before, and after Stubbs.

We have who we have they are the only persons who can save our season for the moment it's all we have..

Debating what could have been is pointless.

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

We have who we have they are the only persons who can save our season for the moment it's all we have..

Debating what could have been is pointless.

Thats not what you said when calling for Stubbs head after a few games.

are you saying that instead of taking a chance with an experienced manager now, who might keep us up? We should let the rookie relegate us, and see the hundreds of thousands spunked on him just drip off..?

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Thats not what you said when calling for Stubbs head after a few games.

are you saying that instead of taking a chance with an experienced manager now, who might keep us up? We should let the rookie relegate us, and see the hundreds of thousands spunked on him just drip off..?

What are you suggesting we go for a third manager in six months. :lol:

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Good job the supporters are no bad. :wub:

17 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

What are you suggesting we go for a third manager in six months. :lol:

Are you suggesting, after hundreds of thousands of pounds spent, we let Oran stay in situ through relegation, and then give him funds again in the summer?

the mistakes my friend were made by an inept board who, wouldnt give Neilson the assurances of a budget to merit their aspirations, panicked, took the word of some whining dud players and caused this mess, and huge outlay. When it would have been cheaper, and more effective to stick with Stubbs, or hire Neilson or McIntyre who actually know this league, and the type of players to bring in.

if they NOW do nothing, then that is yet another cock up, bit like Tansey, last night apparently in the last minute!

15 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Sorry... what has been proved?

we've gone from bad to hopeless spending a fortune to get there.

Whilst I hate neg pish, I must admit I know whats going to happen every game now- Lose

Oran has not shown any signs in any area that he is the man to lead our team. Rice has shown more in 2 games that he can motivate and change mindset. Players may have changed but the lack of tactics ......................havent. Subbing Baird shows he is clueless, players are not listening

We go down, we cant pin in on a guy who left us at the beginning of the season. If Oran had got one point per game we would be on 24 pts and pretty safe.

If we blame Stubbs for Oran, then we have to , in turn, name Craig for Rae and Murray. Gary Teale did far better with far less support.

Some dramatic changes required Top to Bottom  

Edited by DougJamie

3 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Whilst I hate neg pish, I must admit I know whats going to happen every game now- Lose

Oran has not shown any signs in any area that he is the man to lead our team. Rice has shown more in 2 games that he can motivate and change mindset. Players may have changed but the lack of tactics ......................havent. Subbing Baird shows he is clueless, players are not listening

We go down, we cant pin in on a guy who left us at the beginning of the season. If Oran had got one point per game we would be on 24 pts and pretty safe.

If we blame Stubbs for Oran, then we have to , in turn, blame Rae and Murray for Craig. Gary Teale did far better with far less support.

Some dramatic changes required Top to Bottom  

Starting in the boardroom!

getting towards three years since BtB and how many additional revenue streams have been developed..?

the board, like any idiot know how to spend money, they patently dont know how to make it.

The only strategy we should be looking at as a club is one of stabilising. The last 9 months or so have been a car crash. The last thing we need is to be paying off another manager and starting looking for yet another management team regardless of how things pan out.  OK has a long term contract. If he choses to walk away then so be it there is nothing we can do but if he wants to stay and rebuild he should be allowed to do so. We MUST stabalise and we can only do that with some longer term thinking. Changing managers every few months has to stop.  The amount of money we would waste on firing the management team would give us no chance of building any decent squad, it would be madness.  

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Starting in the boardroom!

getting towards three years since BtB and how many additional revenue streams have been developed..?

the board, like any idiot know how to spend money, they patently dont know how to make it.

For me- Appointment of Gus was wrong, Appointments of Stubbs and OK were wrong, Fitzy as Cheif Executive and club spokesman is wrong ( give the guy a gin, tell he to tell stories at parties but no press releases.) Appointment of NIcoll was wrong- guy is just treading water. Sanctioning the Eastern European loanees was wrong. No plan bar end of April

Playing Sunderland was wrong.................. Keeping admission prices high is wrong

Apart from that I disagree LPM :wink:

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

The only strategy we should be looking at as a club is one of stabilising. The last 9 months or so have been a car crash. The last thing we need is to be paying off another manager and starting looking for yet another management team regardless of how things pan out.  OK has a long term contract. If he choses to walk away then so be it there is nothing we can do but if he wants to stay and rebuild he should be allowed to do so. We MUST stabalise and we can only do that with some longer term thinking. Changing managers every few months has to stop.  The amount of money we would waste on firing the management team would give us no chance of building any decent squad, it would be madness.  

So take the alternative to crash & burn, when perhaps someone else could inject the passion to fight till the last?

doing nothing is the option of the clueless, bit like Tansey last night. Huge expensive mistakes ave been made, should we let them make more?

OK will be our manager till the end of the season , no matter what.. I don't necessarily agree with that , but that's what will happen, even if we're relegated before the split. By then , Oran will know which school he'll be teaching in later this year , and Gus will have agreed to become manager !

11 minutes ago, billyg said:

OK will be our manager till the end of the season , no matter what.. I don't necessarily agree with that , but that's what will happen, even if we're relegated before the split. By then , Oran will know which school he'll be teaching in later this year , and Gus will have agreed to become manager !

How sad is that, the killie loving *** has done the square root of F-all since we bagged him.  He hit the limits of his own ability a long time ago.

So it makes sense that Nicholl will be his number 2 for an all ex-*** management team