Written Off

Hendo

1 hour ago, spankin_panda said:

I agree with this. I think the Hibs game was  a reality check.  

Hibs were awful and we played well for 45 mins. However, a forced tactical change from them and 'no plan b' from us highlighted our inability to adapt during games and even our tactical shortfalls. 

I don't really see where a win will come from tbh. Hope I am wrong but I we have just looked out our depth this season which is disappointing. 

We had half the substitutes that day, Ferdinand, one of them was still have fitness issues etc. We had nothing on the bench to change things - we do now though.

Also when Shaw came on up front on the right - Erhahon did not handle him well at all - he changed the game. We now have a natural LB - I suspect he will be starting tonight...

We have added more players and we will see in the coming months how we are tactically - the past is past - it is the here, now and short-term future that matters for us.

There are no guarantees for us, Dee or the Hammers other than 1 of us for sure is going down . . .    :spud5

7 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

We had half the substitutes that day, Ferdinand, one of them was still have fitness issues etc. We had nothing on the bench to change things - we do now though.

Also when Shaw came on up front on the right - Erhahon did not handle him well at all - he changed the game. We now have a natural LB - I suspect he will be starting tonight...

We have added more players and we will see in the coming months how we are tactically - the past is past - it is the here, now and short-term future that matters for us.

There are no guarantees for us, Dee or the Hammers other than 1 of us for sure is going down . . .    :spud5

I don't think that your reading of the Hibs game differs greatly from Spankin Panda's . Your analysis of the reasons why we seemed to collapse in the second half is fair.  Don't forget also that Stephen McGinn had been pretty effectively target for repeated fouls on his calf, particularly in the first half. Let's say Hibs very very "professional".

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

I like your optimism. I think tonight will have a significant impact (either way tbh) on belief (both the team and the fans).

I hope that the new team will step up a gear and take us to safety.

Time will tell I guess. 

Lets hope you are right Sweeper :thumbs2 

Edited by spankin_panda