Written Off

Hendo

According to Jackson and Parks in the Record, we are certainties to be automatically relegated. Most Accies and Dundee fans on P & B also think we are down, and they are only fighting to avoid the play off spot.

So, get this pinned to the dressing room wall, tell the new players the story of the 2016/17 great escape, of Forthbank in 1998, of Fir Park in 2007, and let's fecking do this!

It is laughable. Dee like us have changed 1/2 their squad - almost a full new team. They look vulnerable at the back and not great anywhere on the field.

Hamilton are strong, hard working but lacking in real quality - although MacKinnon is one we should pinch when they go down. They have conceded the equal most goals with us but have not changed any defenders - we have brought in better. (and we have just played the ugly sisters)

I really hope we begin to move up and away from this weeks game - it will be tough as Motherwell are a physically strong side. Guys like Hastie, Tait, Turnbull etc. 1st goal could make the difference like it did last time IF we can keep it tight and Well don't have the ref on their side . . . 

I cannot believe the fans of either of these teams feel too cocky about staying up . . .  they are in the mire along with us for now .:spud7

17 minutes ago, Hendo said:

According to Jackson and Parks in the Record, we are certainties to be automatically relegated. Most Accies and Dundee fans on P & B also think we are down, and they are only fighting to avoid the play off spot.

So, get this pinned to the dressing room wall, tell the new players the story of the 2016/17 great escape, of Forthbank in 1998, of Fir Park in 2007, and let's fecking do this!

We are.. We are staying up. 

we are.. We are staying up. 

COYS

46 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Probably Accies think they have 6 points in the bag v us as they always beat us, and Dundee just live in a permanent dream state at the best of time.

Yes agree, use it  to spur on. I want to see some fight and in the faces of Well and Livi.......

Love nothing more than to get it right up Accies and Dundee , Kenny Miller, and their shit stadia  

1 hour ago, kevo_smfc said:

Feed the duck on Weds and we are on our way.

Wednesday will be a difficult game, Motherwell are playing some good football but i believe are also fragile at the back. Need to get in their faces and we need to get behind the team as never before, help create a bond between players and fans like we did two years ago. Win, lose or draw on Wednesday, we need to get behind them and show what the club means to us.

I love stuff like this. We are now in a no lose position. There is no expectation and have been written off so hopefully our players get fired up rather than believe their shite.

Gordon Parks has always seemed to take a bit of umbrage with us going back to us giving his 'beloved' Clyde 4 beatings in 2005/06 and Charlie Adam's handball winner. He was a hack as a footballer and is a hack as a journalist.

A guy who racked up a total of about 100 appearances in a 15 year career. A centre forward who scored 13 goals in his entire career. I'll pass on his opinion holding any water.  

Edited by djchapsticks

16 hours ago, Sonny said:

The Daily Ranger also reported that 3 of the 4 were blatant penalties on Saturday. Shite paper that writes rubbish.

What the record often does is to have different sports writers write with different views. That way they cover their audience on both sides.

19 hours ago, Sonny said:

The Daily Ranger also reported that 3 of the 4 were blatant penalties on Saturday. Shite paper that writes rubbish.

With their falling sales it is all about sensationalism to try and keep folk reading their pi*h. It does not appeal to anyone who is educated and not a sheep . . . :happyclapper

Edited by Sweeper07

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 1:14 PM, Hendo said:

This I find strange, where does this confidence come from, Dundee or Hamilton have signed no one that had me thinking christ wish we had got him.  I actually left Ibrox on Saturday thinking we can finish 10th with a bit to spare for the first time in weeks.

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

The odds and the view from commentators doesnt come from any great belief in Hamilton or Dundee!
It comes from the fact we are currently bottom, with the worst record to date which includes losing five on the spin. Until we move up, that's reality.

You r are right ! ! !  our record with 5 loses on the spin in the league is cr*p - new team now though - so as you say, until we move up, we will remain favourites for the drop.

I am just detecting a wee bit of optimism in you - with the word UNTIL :happyclapperGood POST

Taking off our B&W tinted glasses I'd say it's a reasonable prediction that we'll finish bottom.- we currently are bottom, Hamilton have had the upper hand in the H2Hs and Dundee have overtaken us since changing manager. 

Still all to play for but right now I'd be happy to take 11th place and a 2-leg play-off against either Ayr or Dundee Utd.

59 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Taking off our B&W tinted glasses I'd say it's a reasonable prediction that we'll finish bottom.- we currently are bottom, Hamilton have had the upper hand in the H2Hs and Dundee have overtaken us since changing manager. 

Still all to play for but right now I'd be happy to take 11th place and a 2-leg play-off against either Ayr or Dundee Utd.

I agree with this. I think the Hibs game was  a reality check.  

Hibs were awful and we played well for 45 mins. However, a forced tactical change from them and 'no plan b' from us highlighted our inability to adapt during games and even our tactical shortfalls. 

I don't really see where a win will come from tbh. Hope I am wrong but I we have just looked out our depth this season which is disappointing. 

This I find strange, where does this confidence come from, Dundee or Hamilton have signed no one that had me thinking christ wish we had got him.  I actually left Ibrox on Saturday thinking we can finish 10th with a bit to spare for the first time in weeks.
Their optimism probably comes from reading the pessimism getting posted on here.