Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
oaksoft

Pre-Split Remaining Matches

Recommended Posts

Here's the remaining pre-split fixtures. In red I have highlighted the likely losses. In green are the games I think points will realistically be taken. My rpediction is that at the split, we will have 23 pts, Dundee will have 21 pts and Hamilton will have 23 pts. Going to be tight as f**k going into the split. IMO we need to be aiming for 3 pts in all green matches as a bare minimum plus one or two points from the reds to get us in a comfortable position. Still think 30 pts will be safe.

Saints

  • Motherwell - H
  • Aberdeen    - A
  • Hearts           - A
  • Livingston  - H
  • Kilmarnock  - H
  • St Johnst.    - A
  • Dundee        - H
  • Celtic             - H
  • Hamilton     - A

 

Dundee

  • Kilmarnock - H
  • Livingston   - A
  • Hibs                - H
  • Rangers        - A
  • Hearts            - H
  • Celtic              - H
  • St Mirren       - A
  • St Johnst.      - A
  • Aberdeen      - H

 

Hamilton

  • St Johnst.       - H
  • Hibs                  - A
  • Rangers          - H
  • Aberdeen       - A
  • Motherwell    - A
  • Hearts              - H
  • Kilmarnock   - A
  • Livingston      - A
  • St Mirren         - H
Edited by oaksoft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Here's the remaining pre-split fixtures. In red I have highlighted the likely losses. In green are the games I think points will realistically be taken. My rpediction is that at the split, we will have 23 pts, Dundee will have 21 pts and Hamilton will have 23 pts. Going to be tight as f**k going into the split. IMO we need to be aiming for 3 pts in all green matches as a bare minimum plus one or two points from the reds to get us in a comfortable position. Still think 30 pts will be safe.

Saints

  • Motherwell - H
  • Aberdeen    - A
  • Hearts           - A
  • Livingston  - H
  • Kilmarnock  - H
  • St Johnst.    - A
  • Dundee        - H
  • Celtic             - H
  • Hamilton     - A

 

Dundee

  • Kilmarnock - H
  • Livingston   - A
  • Hibs                - H
  • Rangers        - A
  • Hearts            - H
  • Celtic              - H
  • St Mirren       - A
  • St Johnst.      - A
  • Aberdeen      - H

 

Hamilton

  • St Johnst.       - H
  • Hibs                  - A
  • Rangers          - H
  • Aberdeen       - A
  • Motherwell    - A
  • Hearts              - H
  • Kilmarnock   - A
  • Livingston      - A
  • St Mirren         - H

Like your optimism. Would also add we should be looking for three points in every game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

12, 13, 26, 33, 43 ,51- Satursdays Lotto numbers-

We will leave with a Deal

California will collaspe into the sea on the 23rd April 2028

Boris Johnson will win I am Celebrity in 2026

 

 

Tune in next week folks :wink:  

 

 

Is Noel Edmonds still doing that show?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Here's the remaining pre-split fixtures. In red I have highlighted the likely losses. In green are the games I think points will realistically be taken. My rpediction is that at the split, we will have 23 pts, Dundee will have 21 pts and Hamilton will have 23 pts. Going to be tight as f**k going into the split. IMO we need to be aiming for 3 pts in all green matches as a bare minimum plus one or two points from the reds to get us in a comfortable position. Still think 30 pts will be safe.

 

Interesting, that would require all three teams to improve on their current points per game ratio - we'd have to more than double purs!

****************

Post split teams who require points tend to get them when playing teams who are already safe although having said that I'm relying on my increasingly Fawlty mammary for that but I'm not willing to do the stats to prove it one way or t'other!

Edited by Bud the Baker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Interesting, that would require all three teams to improve on their current points per game ratio - we'd have to more than double purs!

****************

Post split teams who require points tend to get them when playing teams who are already safe although having said that I'm relying on my increasingly Fawlty mammary for that but I'm not willing to do the stats to prove it one way or t'other!

Yes it would but it's amazing the laxative effect of the last few matches of the season appearing on the horizon.

Teams find results in the most unlikely of places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Yes it would but it's amazing the laxative effect of the last few matches of the season appearing on the horizon.

Teams find results in the most unlikely of places.

The post-split 3-2 win @ Motherwell in 2006/07 remains one of my favourite Saints games - a workmate who lives a few streets away from Fir Park maintains that game is the loudest he ever heard the stadium! 

Edited by Bud the Baker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Here's the remaining pre-split fixtures. In red I have highlighted the likely losses. In green are the games I think points will realistically be taken. My rpediction is that at the split, we will have 23 pts, Dundee will have 21 pts and Hamilton will have 23 pts. Going to be tight as f**k going into the split. IMO we need to be aiming for 3 pts in all green matches as a bare minimum plus one or two points from the reds to get us in a comfortable position. Still think 30 pts will be safe.

Saints

  • Motherwell - H
  • Aberdeen    - A
  • Hearts           - A
  • Livingston  - H
  • Kilmarnock  - H
  • St Johnst.    - A
  • Dundee        - H
  • Celtic             - H
  • Hamilton     - A

 

Dundee

  • Kilmarnock - H
  • Livingston   - A
  • Hibs                - H
  • Rangers        - A
  • Hearts            - H
  • Celtic              - H
  • St Mirren       - A
  • St Johnst.      - A
  • Aberdeen      - H

 

Hamilton

  • St Johnst.       - H
  • Hibs                  - A
  • Rangers          - H
  • Aberdeen       - A
  • Motherwell    - A
  • Hearts              - H
  • Kilmarnock   - A
  • Livingston      - A
  • St Mirren         - H

Definitely going to be tough. I think one of the three (hope it's us) will enjoy a decent 3 game run and finish on 36 but anyone's guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jack the lad said:

Like your optimism. Would also add we should be looking for three points in every game. 

This is interesting but who knows what will happen?

This is worth revisiting after every 3 or 4 matches to see who is gaining or losing on your predictions

You don't rate us away from home - which is understandable from the past - but we have virtually a new team now. - As have Dee

Looking at their fixtures I hope Killie pump them next and at best they take 1 point from either Livi or Hibs & none from Sevco

If Hamilton take 4 defeats in a row (which is a definite possibility) and we take at least 4 points from our next 4 games then we would be clear of both with 5 games before the split... Dee then have the hardest teams to play during that period compared to us or Hamilton.

But in all reality whoever wins the most points against the other 2 teams in the relegation battle will be gaining points, double goal difference and mental encouragement. :bounce2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Interesting, that would require all three teams to improve on their current points per game ratio - we'd have to more than double purs!

****************

Post split teams who require points tend to get them when playing teams who are already safe although having said that I'm relying on my increasingly Fawlty mammary for that but I'm not willing to do the stats to prove it one way or t'other!

Leaving your mammary to one side, I think we will be lucky to get seven points out of those twenty seven pre split. This i based on our form to date. We are on a five match losing streak in the league. If either, or both Dundee and Hamilton get four points in front of us, they will only need to protect that till the split, then not lose to us.

a win against Motherwell is vital at any cost! Kick, bite, scream, cheat whatever... we need to stay in the mix, losing, and either or both of the others picking up points isnt an option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see ourselves, Hamilton or Dundee picking up too many points against anyone outside of our own league of three.

There will be the odd blip here and there but the league table doesn't lie, the three of us are significantly worse than the other 9 teams in the division.

We've obviously overhauled our squad, Dundee have done the same and Accies have a new manager so there *could* yet be a resurgence of form but I really can't see it. This division is brutal, there are some very good teams in it.

Relegation will be decided based on how we do in the head to head games to come.

We've got Dundee Home and Away and Accies Away and Home.

Those are the games that will ultimately determine our fate I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Must admit to the fear of seeing this lad Hastie run like this against big Anton & Bairdy on Wednesday night. Someone will need to stop him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/scotland/47110676

The second is what wee McCalister should have done against Hibs last week.

 

He will make up for it this week.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hambud said:

The second is what wee McCalister should have done against Hibs last week.

He will make up for it this week.

Is he playing or a sub ?  I do hope whatever that he does though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Leaving your mammary to one side, I think we will be lucky to get seven points out of those twenty seven pre split. This i based on our form to date. We are on a five match losing streak in the league. If either, or both Dundee and Hamilton get four points in front of us, they will only need to protect that till the split, then not lose to us.

a win against Motherwell is vital at any cost! Kick, bite, scream, cheat whatever... we need to stay in the mix, losing, and either or both of the others picking up points isnt an option.

Not sure what our form to date has to do with anything going forward. Your prediction may well be proven right, but given that from now on we'll be fielding virtually a brand new team, I'd say our form will have bugger all to do with it.

That said, this is Oran's team now, so no excuses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2019 at 4:49 PM, div said:

I don't see ourselves, Hamilton or Dundee picking up too many points against anyone outside of our own league of three.

There will be the odd blip here and there but the league table doesn't lie, the three of us are significantly worse than the other 9 teams in the division.

We've obviously overhauled our squad, Dundee have done the same and Accies have a new manager so there *could* yet be a resurgence of form but I really can't see it. This division is brutal, there are some very good teams in it.

Relegation will be decided based on how we do in the head to head games to come.

We've got Dundee Home and Away and Accies Away and Home.

Those are the games that will ultimately determine our fate I think.

Makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A neutral and balanced view of our survival prospects.

http://www.thefootballlife.co.uk/post/182913631301/the-premiership-is-a-flat-circle-st-mirrens

While I do not agree that our hope of survival is just as bleak as suggested in this article, it is an indication of the scale of the task facing us.

If we do pull it off, it will not be 'the great escape' of a couple of seasons ago, but rather the miraculous escape!.

Perhaps this article should be pinned to the Buddies' dressing room wall as a way of getting the players fired up for the task ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

A neutral and balanced view of our survival prospects.

http://www.thefootballlife.co.uk/post/182913631301/the-premiership-is-a-flat-circle-st-mirrens

While I do not agree that our hope of survival is just as bleak as suggested in this article, it is an indication of the scale of the task facing us.

If we do pull it off, it will not be 'the great escape' of a couple of seasons ago, but rather the miraculous escape!.

Perhaps this article should be pinned to the Buddies' dressing room wall as a way of getting the players fired up for the task ahead.

It is a bit of a pessimistic view based on before the transfer window and the 3 games since it closed.

The 2 other teams in the mix have had easier fixtures during this period - but it is over the next 5 that we will gain more points than both of them.

Hopefully we will be ahead by the time we go into the remaining fixture and make ourselves comfortably safe before the last couple - we will soon see.  :spud7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

It is a bit of a pessimistic view based on before the transfer window and the 3 games since it closed.

The 2 other teams in the mix have had easier fixtures during this period - but it is over the next 5 that we will gain more points than both of them.

Hopefully we will be ahead by the time we go into the remaining fixture and make ourselves comfortably safe before the last couple - we will soon see.  :spud7

I agree that the article does not appear to take account of the fact that St Mirren have (on the face of it) the easiest of the remaining fixtures pre-split, and also that we should have key players returning after injury and newly signed players gelling into the team set up.

Have we ever had a worse season for injuries this century?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

A neutral and balanced view of our survival prospects.

http://www.thefootballlife.co.uk/post/182913631301/the-premiership-is-a-flat-circle-st-mirrens

While I do not agree that our hope of survival is just as bleak as suggested in this article, it is an indication of the scale of the task facing us.

If we do pull it off, it will not be 'the great escape' of a couple of seasons ago, but rather the miraculous escape!.

Perhaps this article should be pinned to the Buddies' dressing room wall as a way of getting the players fired up for the task ahead.

He’s very assertive-  but equivocates in his final sentence. Weasel. 

Pretty bold viewpoint after our new team has played away games at Parkhead, Ibrox and Pittodrie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...