Pre-Split Remaining Matches

On 2/4/2019 at 1:58 PM, oaksoft said:

Here's the remaining pre-split fixtures. In red I have highlighted the likely losses. In green are the games I think points will realistically be taken. My rpediction is that at the split, we will have 23 pts, Dundee will have 21 pts and Hamilton will have 23 pts. Going to be tight as f**k going into the split. IMO we need to be aiming for 3 pts in all green matches as a bare minimum plus one or two points from the reds to get us in a comfortable position. Still think 30 pts will be safe.

Saints

• Motherwell - H
  • Aberdeen    - A
  • Hearts           - A
  • Livingston  - H
  • Kilmarnock  - H
  • St Johnst.    - A
  • Dundee        - H
  • Celtic             - H
  • Hamilton     - A

Dundee

• Kilmarnock - H
  • Livingston   - A
  • Hibs                - H
  • Rangers        - A
  • Hearts            - H
  • Celtic              - H
  • St Mirren       - A
  • St Johnst.      - A
  • Aberdeen      - H

Hamilton

• St Johnst.       - H
  • Hibs                  - A
  • Rangers          - H
  • Aberdeen       - A
  • Motherwell    - A
  • Hearts              - H
  • Kilmarnock   - A
  • Livingston      - A
  • St Mirren         - H

Not to shabby so far.... but i'd be putting a lot more red on Hamilton's run in.... a lot more 

Sevco play Hamilton and then Dee  in their next 2 matches - If they play like they did last night they could easily take more than the 5 off them that they took off Killie last night.

I very rarely would want them to win, but in the present circumstances I will be delighted if they run up a rugby score in their next 2 fixtures...   :hatman

Goal difference mattered in JR's 1st season in charge. I hope we will be well clear by the close of the league, but a better goal difference would also be a confidence booster...  :turtle

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

After that 1st spurt where Dee gained some points - they are back down to earth with a bump. Hibs win 4  v 2 and 4 bookings for Dee to boot.

Anything we pick up tomorrow is gain !   :magic

At the end of the day it still looks like a very tight finish. 

Ckearly-A winning run whilst others lose would make a world of difference

13 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

At the end of the day it still looks like a very tight finish

Ckearly-A winning run whilst others lose would make a world of difference

I don't think we can judge this yet. Let's see how things sit going into the remaining 5 fixtures & if it is still tight by then you will be proved right.

IT would be a brilliant next 2 games if we can take 4 or 6 points though . . . that would clearly make a difference compared to how we are sitting right now.  :guinness

On 2/4/2019 at 1:58 PM, oaksoft said:

Here's the remaining pre-split fixtures. In red I have highlighted the likely losses. In green are the games I think points will realistically be taken. My rpediction is that at the split, we will have 23 pts, Dundee will have 21 pts and Hamilton will have 23 pts. Going to be tight as f**k going into the split. IMO we need to be aiming for 3 pts in all green matches as a bare minimum plus one or two points from the reds to get us in a comfortable position. Still think 30 pts will be safe.

Saints

• Motherwell - H
  • Aberdeen    - A
  • Hearts           - A
  • Livingston  - H
  • Kilmarnock  - H
  • St Johnst.    - A
  • Dundee        - H
  • Celtic             - H
  • Hamilton     - A

Dundee

• Kilmarnock - H
  • Livingston   - A
  • Rangers        - A
  • Hearts            - H
  • St Mirren       - A
  • St Johnst.      - A
  • Aberdeen      - H

Hamilton

• St Johnst.       - H
  • Rangers          - H
  • Aberdeen       - A
  • Motherwell    - A
  • Kilmarnock   - A
  • Livingston      - A
  • St Mirren         - H

So, after 3 of these games,  (and assuming Rangers  beat Hamilton tomorrow), the update is:-

Dundee have taken 6 from the 9 I thought they could have had.

We have taken 2 instead of the 3 I thought we would have.

Hamilton will have taken 3 from 3.

So I predicted Saints on 15, Hamilton on 18 and Dundee on 21.

On that score, I think we have done fairly welland particularly when we lost the Motherwell game.

The great escape continues and IMO this is the phase of 3-4 games which will define whether we are still in it going into the split.

Fortunately, both Dundee and Accies will be reduced to 10 men early in the match, as usual - so we'll know sevco got the results by cheating, as usual.

How many matches is that now, when sevco's opposition has been reduced to 10 men and the red cards were later annulled? 

A team can look goodish when up against reduced numbers.

(Speaking of Good-ish.  Great result for Saints former captain today - the winning goal by a Buddie, too.)

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

So, after 3 of these games,  (and assuming Rangers  beat Hamilton tomorrow), the update is:-

Dundee have taken 6 from the 9 I thought they could have had.

We have taken 2 instead of the 3 I thought we would have.

Hamilton will have taken 3 from 3.

So I predicted Saints on 15, Hamilton on 18 and Dundee on 21.

On that score, I think we have done fairly welland particularly when we lost the Motherwell game.

The great escape continues and IMO this is the phase of 3-4 games which will define whether we are still in it going into the split.

Yip this was the 1st phase in the change-over that the transfer window brought in. And we lost a little ground.

Now for phase 2 - this is the next 4 games (5 for Hamilton if you add in tomorrow)

I hope we take at least 7 points from the next 12, 

Dee will take zero or 1 from the next 12 points

Hammers will take 1 or 2 from the next 15 points

Then it is definitely game on . . .

Phase 3 is the last 2 before the split - Hamilton have the easier fixtures there, but not if we cuff them...

Hard to understate the significance of the week coming up. By the time we start v Livvy both the other two will have played and given their fixtures (Dundee go to Ibrox while Accies go to Pittodrie midweek) there is every chance that we will have the opportunity to further cut the gap on both. It's getting to the business end as the saying goes. A really clever move by the club switching our game to the Saturday at least in hindsight if not planned as such.

Saints
  • Motherwell - H
  • Aberdeen    - A
  • Hearts           - A
  • Livingston  - H
  • Kilmarnock  - H
  • St Johnst.    - A
  • Dundee        - H
  • Celtic             - H
  • Hamilton     - A

Dundee
  • Kilmarnock - H
  • Livingston   - A
  • Rangers        - A
  • Hearts            - H
  • St Mirren       - A
  • St Johnst.      - A
  • Aberdeen      - H

Hamilton
  • St Johnst.       - H
  • Rangers          - H
  • Aberdeen       - A
  • Motherwell    - A
  • Kilmarnock   - A
  • Livingston      - A
  • St Mirren         - H

Am I missing something but I can’t see any in red or green

27 minutes ago, belfast billy said:

Am I missing something but I can’t see any in red or green

Maybe your monitor isn't showing it.

For Hamilton, the green opponents are largely just underneath the red ones. :P

For Dundee it's the other way round.

For Saints, they are more evenly distributed.

I'm not helping am I?

Maybe your monitor isn't showing it.
For Hamilton, the green opponents are largely just underneath the red ones. [emoji14]
For Dundee it's the other way round.
For Saints, they are more evenly distributed.
I'm not helping am I?

Reminds me of that great snooker commentary
For those watching in black and white the yellow is the ball behind the blue[emoji41]

Saints

•  
  •  
  • Livingston  - H
  • Kilmarnock  - H
  • St Johnst.    - A
  • Dundee        - H
  • Celtic             - H
  • Hamilton     - A

Dundee

•  
  •  
  • Rangers        - A
  • Hearts            - H
  • St Mirren       - A
  • St Johnst.      - A
  • Aberdeen      - H

Hamilton

•  
  •  
  • Aberdeen       - A
  • Motherwell    - A
  • Kilmarnock   - A
  • Livingston      - A
  • St Mirren         - H

Updated and looks far scarier for Dundee and Accies

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Saints

•  
  •  
  • Livingston  - H
  • Kilmarnock  - H
  • St Johnst.    - A
  • Dundee        - H
  • Celtic             - H
  • Hamilton     - A

Dundee

•  
  •  
  • Rangers        - A
  • Hearts            - H
  • St Mirren       - A
  • St Johnst.      - A
  • Aberdeen      - H

Hamilton

•  
  •  
  • Aberdeen       - A
  • Motherwell    - A
  • Kilmarnock   - A
  • Livingston      - A
  • St Mirren         - H

Updated and looks far scarier for Dundee and Accies

Not if you suggest the colour codes are indicative of possible, positive results. Hamilton have only one unlikely. I'm still on the fence until I see us showing the same determination against the "also rans" that we showed against the bigger guns.

16 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Not if you suggest the colour codes are indicative of possible, positive results. Hamilton have only one unlikely. I'm still on the fence until I see us showing the same determination against the "also rans" that we showed against the bigger guns.

Could not be arsed changing the colour coding TBH................ so my bad :whistle

We have to do the business ourselves Dundee have 2 hard games coming up against Hearts and Celtic, we have 2 home games, winning both is the kind of form we are needing at this stage of the season and if we manage it i'm sure we'll be back off the bottom of the league. Obviously after that the Dundee and Hamilton games are huge, if the form we've shown in the last 2 games continues till the end of the season then we should finish 10th, over to the players this Saturday. .

13 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Hamilton getting a result at Aberdeen is a blow, however Dundee losing 4-0 brings there goal difference on a par with us. Really need to win now on Saturday 

That Hamilton result is a blow, and they seem to have an easier run over the next few weeks. I don't think their fans or players really believed they were capable of how they are playing under Rice. This is a big boost - but once the results start going the other way, we'll see how they can cope.

Dee arguably have the most difficult run up to the split. We win 3  v  0 this weekend and we are 1 point behind with a 4 goal advantage - the following week - even a draw for us with sink them to the foot of the table...

C O Y S