Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Sweeper07

Falkirk Stealing from the Soap Dodgers

Recommended Posts

Falkirk have appealed against a £60,000 fine issued for luring manager Ray McKinnon and assistant Darren Taylor from Championship rivals Morton.

 

There are two ways of looking at this :-

1. It was a loss to the Soap Dodgers - so ha ha    OR

2. If this had been us (A bit like JR and James - we would be pissed would we not?)

It seems that both teams are still going to fight on legally - 1 for more compensation and the other for their money back. 

I think £60,000 for a manager and his assistant at that level who have just signed 2 year contracts, were only 3 months in the post, and had them 2nd top of the league, is not nearly enough. 

Thankfully we have clauses in our contract should anyone want to pinch Oran . . . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Falkirk have appealed against a £60,000 fine issued for luring manager Ray McKinnon and assistant Darren Taylor from Championship rivals Morton.

 

There are two ways of looking at this :-

1. It was a loss to the Soap Dodgers - so ha ha    OR

2. If this had been us (A bit like JR and James - we would be pissed would we not?)

It seems that both teams are still going to fight on legally - 1 for more compensation and the other for their money back. 

I think £60,000 for a manager and his assistant at that level who have just signed 2 year contracts, were only 3 months in the post, and had them 2nd top of the league, is not nearly enough. 

Thankfully we have clauses in our contract should anyone want to pinch Oran . . . 

Considerin where Falkirk are in League I think Ton should be counting their blessings, with 60k Ton could demolish Crappilow, play at Battery Park

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

Considerin where Falkirk are in League I think Ton should be counting their blessings, with 60k Ton could demolish Crappilow, play at Battery Park

However, you can already see an improvement at Falkirk - I think McKinnon is a good manager at that level, , ,

The Pig sty will have to go one day . .  rust or total collapse - it is a shocking state for a football team to call their home . . . 60 k is well short of what they need . . . :spud3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Falkirk have appealed against a £60,000 fine issued for luring manager Ray McKinnon and assistant Darren Taylor from Championship rivals Morton.

 

There are two ways of looking at this :-

1. It was a loss to the Soap Dodgers - so ha ha    OR

2. If this had been us (A bit like JR and James - we would be pissed would we not?)

It seems that both teams are still going to fight on legally - 1 for more compensation and the other for their money back. 

I think £60,000 for a manager and his assistant at that level who have just signed 2 year contracts, were only 3 months in the post, and had them 2nd top of the league, is not nearly enough. 

Thankfully we have clauses in our contract should anyone want to pinch Oran . . . 

All employees should have the right to change their jobs whenever they like, at any time and without compensation. Nobody should be allowed to own another human being.

I can't see past that at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

All employees should have the right to change their jobs whenever they like, at any time and without compensation. Nobody should be allowed to own another human being.

I can't see past that at the moment.

It is kind of not how it works when you are under contract - in football as a player or in management and also in industry too (kind of reverse - you lose benefits/share options etc.)  

Surely you would not want our players leaving whenever they liked - i.e. no contracts? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

It is kind of not how it works when you are under contract - in football as a player or in management and also in industry too (kind of reverse - you lose benefits/share options etc.)  

Surely you would not want our players leaving whenever they liked - i.e. no contracts? 

I've worked in contracts before. You simply hand in your notice and work your few weeks or whatever. I've done that twice in the past. I wasn't even an employee then. That was a fully fledged proper Ltd Co company - not the sort of tax-evading, dodgy, pseudo-employment umbrella scheme that Faraway Saint and a couple of others were talking about exploiting on an other thread. :P

If you can show me how football can satisfy my earlier point of principle regarding employees then I would be glad to hear it.

And yes, that includes losing our players for free but then if everyone else is in that scenario there shouldn't be a problem.

You can get around things with squad limits etc.

Edited by oaksoft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Considerin where Falkirk are in League I think Ton should be counting their blessings, with 60k Ton could demolish Crappilow, play at Battery Park

 

The fine (with £20k suspended) goes to the SPFL Youth Trust. Falkirk were also ordered to pay £3k costs.

Compo for Morton has yet to be decided, although there is speculation that they might have fucked up the details of McKinnon's contract (!).

*****************

I reckon Falkirk are taking a gamble on getting the fine reduced much like we did in 2006 for fielding an ineligible player against Spartans in the Cup.

The Falkirk Chairman is a lawyer and there is a distinct possibility she is getting caught up in the gap between the RealWorld and the FootballWorld - plenty of mileage in this affair yet - more details along the lines of McKinnon signing his Falkirk contract in the Glasgow flat Morton were renting for him! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...