Sign in to follow this  
Sweeper07

Falkirk Stealing from the Soap Dodgers

Falkirk have appealed against a £60,000 fine issued for luring manager Ray McKinnon and assistant Darren Taylor from Championship rivals Morton.

There are two ways of looking at this :-

1. It was a loss to the Soap Dodgers - so ha ha    OR

2. If this had been us (A bit like JR and James - we would be pissed would we not?)

It seems that both teams are still going to fight on legally - 1 for more compensation and the other for their money back. 

I think £60,000 for a manager and his assistant at that level who have just signed 2 year contracts, were only 3 months in the post, and had them 2nd top of the league, is not nearly enough. 

Thankfully we have clauses in our contract should anyone want to pinch Oran . . . 

43 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Falkirk have appealed against a £60,000 fine issued for luring manager Ray McKinnon and assistant Darren Taylor from Championship rivals Morton.

2. If this had been us (A bit like JR and James - we would be pissed would we not?)

It seems that both teams are still going to fight on legally - 1 for more compensation and the other for their money back. 

I think £60,000 for a manager and his assistant at that level who have just signed 2 year contracts, were only 3 months in the post, and had them 2nd top of the league, is not nearly enough. 

Thankfully we have clauses in our contract should anyone want to pinch Oran . . . 

Considerin where Falkirk are in League I think Ton should be counting their blessings, with 60k Ton could demolish Crappilow, play at Battery Park

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

Considerin where Falkirk are in League I think Ton should be counting their blessings, with 60k Ton could demolish Crappilow, play at Battery Park

However, you can already see an improvement at Falkirk - I think McKinnon is a good manager at that level, , ,

The Pig sty will have to go one day . .  rust or total collapse - it is a shocking state for a football team to call their home . . . 60 k is well short of what they need . . . :spud3

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

All employees should have the right to change their jobs whenever they like, at any time and without compensation. Nobody should be allowed to own another human being.

I can't see past that at the moment.

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

All employees should have the right to change their jobs whenever they like, at any time and without compensation. Nobody should be allowed to own another human being.

I can't see past that at the moment.

It is kind of not how it works when you are under contract - in football as a player or in management and also in industry too (kind of reverse - you lose benefits/share options etc.)  

Surely you would not want our players leaving whenever they liked - i.e. no contracts? 

6 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

It is kind of not how it works when you are under contract - in football as a player or in management and also in industry too (kind of reverse - you lose benefits/share options etc.)  

Surely you would not want our players leaving whenever they liked - i.e. no contracts? 

I've worked in contracts before. You simply hand in your notice and work your few weeks or whatever. I've done that twice in the past. I wasn't even an employee then. That was a fully fledged proper Ltd Co company - not the sort of tax-evading, dodgy, pseudo-employment umbrella scheme that Faraway Saint and a couple of others were talking about exploiting on an other thread. :P

If you can show me how football can satisfy my earlier point of principle regarding employees then I would be glad to hear it.

And yes, that includes losing our players for free but then if everyone else is in that scenario there shouldn't be a problem.

You can get around things with squad limits etc.

Edited by oaksoft

44 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

The fine (with £20k suspended) goes to the SPFL Youth Trust. Falkirk were also ordered to pay £3k costs.

Compo for Morton has yet to be decided, although there is speculation that they might have fucked up the details of McKinnon's contract (!).

I reckon Falkirk are taking a gamble on getting the fine reduced much like we did in 2006 for fielding an ineligible player against Spartans in the Cup.

The Falkirk Chairman is a lawyer and there is a distinct possibility she is getting caught up in the gap between the RealWorld and the FootballWorld - plenty of mileage in this affair yet - more details along the lines of McKinnon signing his Falkirk contract in the Glasgow flat Morton were renting for him! :lol: