Oran Kearney Must Go

faraway saint

21 games played, an embarrassing 9 points, we're losing ground every week.

Hamilton are now 6 points in front of us, Dundee 3.

Too many people have gave Kearney a free pass for too long, based in a dislike for Stubbs.

Take him for what he is, a manager that's come from a diddy league and has done NOTHING to prove we've appointed the right man.

What a disaster from the club. 

21 interviews of the same ilk

Rooted at the bottom

No highlights within the 21 games

Devoid of ideas

Regardless of what personnel he had, he always had 11 on the pitch at the start of the game

Failed to inspire any of them or improve any of them

A manager that people continue to make excuses for, based on blaming people no longer connected to the club

‘This’ was supposed to be our ‘move to a higher level.

We are detached , fans are posting scores from other games with 13 games left, it’s a sorry state of affairs

However, I think the next few games will deliver something that will really determine ‘what happens next’

I’m not going to dwell on tonight’s result, but look forward in hope more than expectation....

He’s the worst St Mirren manager of all time. That’s what the stats say incidentally, not an opinion.

Alan Stubbs was sacked after 4 league games, 1 of which he won.

Kearney has had 4 games since the winter break and January window when he got his own team in. He’s lost the lot.

We’ve established that Kearney obviously gets treated differently from Stubbs cause he’s a nice guy apparently. The question is how far are we going to let this favourable treatment go.

I think we are gone regardless if we sack him or not. But I certainly don’t want Kearney leading us into our Championship campaign next season I suspect he won’t be.

The unfounded euphoria about all of our signings, especially the Danish pastry. :lol: (read the "welcome" thread, and get a massive Pampers on) 

You Tube video extracts, aye, that'll do.

Sign foreign duds, who probably haven't heard of Scotland, when Stubbs was ridiculed for signing players who didn't know the Scottish game. 

The walls are tumbling down. 

Edited by faraway saint

9 minutes ago, munoz said:

Tick tock part 2. And so the backlash begins. 

What a fickle bunch.

Fickle?

Over 20 games, the previous manager got 4 league games, that's fecking fickle. 

Nothing fickle from me, just looking at what the facts are, and where the club are going.

We got no "new manager bounce", we have stuttered along for 21 games, losing an astounding 16.

We do not even LOOK like we are improving, and haven't done for quite some time, despite the ostrich approach from some supporters. 

We, IMO, knee jerked, who knows where we would have been if we hadn't binned Stubbs but one thing's for sure we're DEFINITELY no better, and that's a fact. 

Edited by faraway saint

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Fickle?

Over 20 games, the previous manager got 4 league games, that'd fecking fickle. 

Nothing fickle from me, just looking at what the facts are, and where the club are going.

We got no "new manager bounce", we have stuttered along for 21 games, losing an astounding 16.

We do not even LOOK like we are improving, and haven't done for quite some time, despite the ostrich approach from some supporters. 

We, IMO, knee jerked, who knows where we would have been if we hadn't binned Stubbs but one thing's for sure we're DEFINITELY no better, and that's a fact. 

Very true , fickle is the last word to describe the people on here who have watched horror show  after horror show , hoping it might get better. Well , I'm confident it's not going to get any better , not this season anyway , and not without a clear out at board and management level.

Fickle?

Over 20 games, the previous manager got 4 league games, that'd fecking fickle. 

We've only just got rid of the dross that Stubbs signed. We've signed a new team that you expect to hit the ground running. 

The damage was done the day we appointed Stubbs.  

Being a season ticket holder , I'm more than happy for OK to continue. 

Tick tock mk2.

Just now, munoz said:

We've only just got rid of the dross that Stubbs signed. We've signed a new team that you expect to hit the ground running. 

The damage was done the day we appointed Stubbs.  

Being a season ticket holder , I'm more than happy for OK to continue. 

Tick tock mk2.

:lol:

You don't think a decent manager would improve a set of players?

Other teams have signed new players who HAVE hit the ground running, exactly what we should be doing in out situation as we don't have fecking time to gamble if we can improve. 

Of course YOU are entitled to be happy, as other's are not, season ticket holder or not. 

13 minutes ago, shull said:

What's having a Season Ticket got to do with anything ? :lol:

I'll probably never buy one again.

What?  You don't want to save money on admission costs?  After all of your posts on the topic,  that's hard to believe.

Or

Are you saying that you're not going back next season? 

23 minutes ago, billyg said:

Very true , fickle is the last word to describe the people on here who have watched horror show  after horror show , hoping it might get better. Well , I'm confident it's not going to get any better , not this season anyway , and not without a clear out at board and management level.

BG. Who do you want to go at Board Level ?

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Too many people have gave Kearney a free pass for too long, based in a dislike for Stubbs.

Take him for what he is, a manager that's come from a diddy league and has done NOTHING to prove we've appointed the right man.

I've seen some encouraging signs in recent performances - Hibs game and tonight at Motherwell. We're still very naive at this level. Motherwell pretty much score with their first proper chance of the second half. Once we went 2-1 down the game petered out and Motherwell looked fairly comfortable for the final 15 minutes.

We should have gone in at half time ahead or at least level - we are just needing to add some clinical finishing.

6 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I've seen some encouraging signs in recent performances - Hibs game and tonight at Motherwell. We're still very naive at this level. Motherwell pretty much score with their first proper chance of the second half. Once we went 2-1 down the game petered out and Motherwell looked fairly comfortable for the final 15 minutes.

We should have gone in at half time ahead or at least level - we are just needing to add some clinical finishing.

Maybe we should have signed a forward who can score goals, radical eh? 

Anyhow, more subjective rubbish, come back when we're relegated and defend a manager who's had 35 games to stop us being above two teams who are utter gash. 

PS Hibs hadn't won a game in yonks so that really doesn't count. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

21 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

What?  You don't want to save money on admission costs?  After all of your posts on the topic,  that's hard to believe.

Or

Are you saying that you're not going back next season? 

SCUM SKIMMED :byebye

Maybe we should have signed a forward who can score goals, radical eh? 

Anyhow, more subjective rubbish, come back when we're relegated and defend a manager who's had 35 games to stop us being above two teams who are utter gash. 

There are no points for artistic impressions granted, the only crumb of comfort is it took a month after the January 2017 window closed before improved performances translated into better results, we don't have as much ground to make up.

2 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

There are no points for artistic impressions granted, the only crumb of comfort is it took a month after the January 2017 window closed before improved performances translated into better results, we don't have as much ground to make up.

We are not in the diddy league and the turn around that Ross performed, which to remind you took us to the last game of the season, will NOT be repeated in the amount of points we secured,.

I repeat, I had hoped Oran would have been an improvement for the club, but there is nothing to suggest we are any better off after sacking Stubbs.

Kearney has had an easy ride from many BECAUSE of a dislike for Stubbs, which is total bollocks and does the club a disservice. 

Nothing is certain, football is a funny old game but, as you'll be aware, I don't drown in personalities, I prefer facts. 

I'd like your post above but I'm only allowed a certain amount per day. :wink:

21 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

We are not in the diddy league and the turn around that Ross performed, which to remind you took us to the last game of the season, will NOT be repeated in the amount of points we secured,.

I repeat, I had hoped Oran would have been an improvement for the club, but there is nothing to suggest we are any better off after sacking Stubbs.

Kearney has had an easy ride from many BECAUSE of a dislike for Stubbs, which is total bollocks and does the club a disservice. 

Nothing is certain, football is a funny old game but, as you'll be aware, I don't drown in personalities, I prefer facts. 

I'd like your post above but I'm only allowed a certain amount per day. :wink:

We're not 10 points adrift in January this time either. We'll be playing Hamilton and Dundee twice and I think at least 1 other team in the bottom 6 often bombs in the 2nd half of the season after looking decent in the first half (at the minute you would have to say everyone above Accies looks safe but its too soon to say for sure). 

We're not 10 points adrift in January this time either. We'll be playing Hamilton and Dundee twice and I think at least 1 other team in the bottom 6 often bombs in the 2nd half of the season after looking decent in the first half (at the minute you would have to say everyone above Accies looks safe but its too soon to say for sure). 

Worth noting though that we bought our way out of trouble by bringing in players the majority of the league couldn’t afford, by the end of January we had a top 3 squad.

This time around we have a bottom 3 budget and a squad to match.

I honestly don’t expect these new players to have the same impact Loy, Smith, Eckersley, McGinn and Davis had at that level because we would need to be signing Aberdeen quality players to do that.

I’m not throwing in the towel but we are rightfully favourites for the drop. [emoji53]

9 hours ago, faraway saint said:

This would have some credibility if it came from someone who actually went to games. :1eye

Honestly, the sooner you start this new job the better. :lol:

Edited by oaksoft