Oran Kearney Must Go

faraway saint

7 hours ago, shull said:

What's having a Season Ticket got to do with anything ? :lol:

I'll probably never buy one again.

I invest in my club , so I'd like a say in who's managing it. 

Someone who doesn't invest anything,  has no rights. Just hot air as far as I'm concerned. 

32 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

This would have some credibility if it came from someone who actually went to games. :1eye

Honestly, the sooner you start this new job the better. :lol:

The Match is on Television.

Reported on Radio Scotland.

Match reports  in every Newspaper

Dissected to feck on here, Twitter and on Facebook

Most know the jist of how we played long before the Final whistle.

League Table is a good guide.

Lots of people go to matches and understand not a lot. Screaming for fouls and offsides when the referee is correct.and they are wrong. 

I don't go to Celtic matches but I am guessing they will scoosh the League.

I wont be anywhere near Greenhill Road on Saturday, but via " Open Aw Mics" and the dudes(elvis etc ) on here I will know exactly how Oran set his Team, how we played and hopefully that we are in the Quarter Finals.

Weren't Brazil magical in the World Cup in 1970  ? I couldnt make any of their matches.

23 minutes ago, munoz said:

I invest in my club , so I'd like a say in who's managing it. 

Someone who doesn't invest anything,  has no rights. Just hot air as far as I'm concerned. 

St Mirren can be supported without buying a Season Ticket.

Everybody has a right to free speech and can make any comment on any football team in this world.

I can comment on Sevco even though I didn't give them £29 on Saturday.

I might never give St mirren any Season Ticket money again, but i can still comment on everything that goes on down the Greenhill Road.

And if anybody feels the Manager is good or bad , that's fine. THEY DINNAE NEED TO INVEST>

INVEST IN ST MIRREN  ? While those in charge are blowing every penny. :lol:

Edited by shull

The rationale seems to be:

Stubbs was correctly sacked after getting 3 points from 4 league games and managing our most successful league cup campaign since 2013 because he had signed a load of duds.

Kearney shouldn’t be sacked after 5 league defeats in a row - 4 of which were with a team he built, because he needs time for his new signings to bed in.

Mind blowing levels of hypocrisy [emoji28]

The real reason is Kearney is a nice guy who gives a good interview and Stubbs was a straight talker who told some uncomfortable home truths.

9 minutes ago, TopCat said:

The rationale seems to be:

Stubbs was correctly sacked after getting 3 points from 4 league games and managing our most successful league cup campaign since 2013 because he had signed a load of duds.

Kearney shouldn’t be sacked after 5 league defeats in a row - 4 of which were with a team he built, because he needs time for his new signings to bed in.

Mind blowing levels of hypocrisy emoji28.png

The real reason is Kearney is a nice guy who gives a good interview and Stubbs was a straight talker who told some uncomfortable home truths.

Bring back Gus. 

Has OK had a pre season with these new players? Our last couple of signings arrived from another country just over a week ago.

You wanted Jack Ross sacked ffs !

Edited by munoz

Bring back Gus. 
Has OK had a pre season with these new players? Our last couple of signings arrived from another country just over a week ago.
You wanted Jack Ross ffs !

He’s had a winter break with these players. How long should we give him? Why should he get so much longer than our last manager?

Our next two league games are at Pittodrie and Tynecastle.

Stubbs was sacked after a loss at Tynecastle incidentally.... If Kearney loses both of them - which he almost certainly will given recent form - that will be 7 league losses in a row.

What’s the case to keep him then? The only argument left is that he needs a pre season with the team? What makes you think that would make a difference, he’s taken a bad situation and made it worse [emoji28]

Did you support keeping Teale in 13/14 for the same reason?

Just now, TopCat said:

He’s had a winter break with these players. How long should we give him? Why should he get so much longer than our last manager?

Stubbs was sacked after a loss at Tynecastle incidentally.... If Kearney loses both of them - which he almost certainly will given recent form - that will be 7 league losses in a row.

What’s the case to keep him then? The only argument left is that he needs a pre season with the team? What makes you think that would make a difference, he’s taken a bad situation and made it worse emoji28.png

He's not had a winter break with all of these players. Players were arriving throughout the winter break. Also,  I'm pretty sure the players had time off during the break. 

I really don't get this kneejerk reaction. Teams take time to gel.

Aye , I did support Teale. Never got a fair crack. What your point?

Your agenda is blatant. 

He's not had a winter break with all of these players. Players were arriving throughout the winter break. Also,  I'm pretty sure the players had time off during the break. 

Your agenda is blatant. 

Well using that rationale Stubbs never got a pre season with his players either as some of them arrived late on.

Why was he sacked then?

I’m basing my opinions on results. 2 league wins from 21 league games is frankly absolutely disgraceful. I’m sure Kearney would admit that himself.

How bad does it have to get?

10 minutes ago, munoz said:

Your agenda is blatant. 

Knee jerk reaction? :lol

He's had 21 fecking league games. :lol:

Stubbs.......................THAT'S a knee jerk reaction that you and many more never flinched about.

If you're going to disagree at least give some consistency. 

Stubbs could really spot a player- how many remain?

He caused the damage,  not Kearney. 

If we are to be relegated this season,  I know where the real blame lies. 

And this 21 games pish. With who's team for the majority of them? 

3 minutes ago, munoz said:

Stubbs could really spot a player- how many remain?

He caused the damage,  not Kearney. 

If we are to be relegated this season,  I know where the real blame lies. 

And this 21 games pish. With who's team for the majority of them? 

Are you really saying a decent manager cannot improve a set of players he's inherited?

Other managers seem to manage this amazing feat, why not ours?

Everyone's entitled to an opinion and not everyone is content to throw away the effort that got us into the top league.

Away and read his interviews, that'll make things better. :lol:

Just now, faraway saint said:

Are you really saying a decent manager cannot improve a set of players he's inherited?

Other managers seem to manage this amazing feat, why not ours?

Everyone's entitled to an opinion and not everyone is content to throw away the effort that got us into the top league.

Away and read his interviews, that'll make things better. :lol:

Not if they're f'n dross he cant. How many of Stubbs signings remain? 

Other managers maybe manage it because they have something to start with. Kearney had bare bones when he started. 

Jack Ross lost all those games after he took over for the same reasons. 

1 minute ago, munoz said:

Not if they're f'n dross he cant. How many of Stubbs signings remain? 

Other managers maybe manage it because they have something to start with. Kearney had bare bones when he started. 

Jack Ross lost all those games after he took over for the same reasons. 

This dross got us out of the league cup group and won 1 from 4. :lol:

Let's forget Stubbs, what has our current manager done to give us any faith he's going to save us this season? 

Look at the facts, not some dislike of Stubbs and bind faith in a manager who came from a real diddy league. 

He won 1 from 4 in the league cup. 

The season is far from over yet. We are still in touch and the manager will get my full support. 

It would be utterly pointless to sack the manager now. 

Bring back Gus to save the day. Delusional. 

11 minutes ago, munoz said:

He won 1 from 4 in the league cup. 

The season is far from over yet. We are still in touch and the manager will get my full support. 

It would be utterly pointless to sack the manager now. 

Bring back Gus to save the day. Delusional. 

The continual derision of the facts on Stubbs's record is way beyond tedious.

It would just as pointless to hark back the our victory against Alloa as fortunate, I tend to think it was a good result, and the manager has a part to play in that. 

I'm sure the Hamilton support are opposite to your belief about it being pointless to change managers. 

Who said bring back Gus? :blink:

Everything with my beloved club is so short term. Our two best managers Fergie and Jack were obviously going on to better things. We probably had a plan that Jack scrapped but there was clearly no Plan B, no development , everything heaped onto one plate.

Oran, well , the only thing he has demonstrated so far, is that he needs help. Nicoll brought in, Rice remaining, to transition. Gus to look at recruitment, so that leaves Oran, to pick team, deliver tactics, inspire and Lead.

Its crystal clear he is going to fail this year. In his 21 games in charge in the League he has 2 win 3 draws and 16 defeats. We have lost 12 points from winning positions, not scored goals, and cant defend free kicks or corners, we also have tactics against the better teams of sitting back defending deep.

The answer for me, is back to drawing board, restructuring of the club, we have far too many passengers..... I wanted Goodwin from day dot. We need a leader, a St Mirren icon, a man who clearly can raise the level of prerformance, and a man who can develop. On a shoestring................. Sure he is not the finished article but he would install passion and not suffer fools

We need Fitzpatrick to go. Yes he is a great legend, but he was a terrible niave manager, he clearly is a very poor judge , and he just spouts pish. St Mirren Top 4 , what a joke, Top 6 not chance. He does  our club not favours.  Stubbs, Oran have both been the best things since sliced bread in his eyes

The message had to be survival, to set up not to lose, ala Gus 2006-2010 and Danny also. From not losing cheap goals we could then push into games. I have just been waiting to lose goals bar managerless Hibs, we have demonstrated that whatever management message is being given players dont follow

Celtic 2 down after 11 mins Game over

Sevco 1 down after 3 mins

Well 1 down after 9 mins

Killie 2 down after 12 mins

Then the flip side.................... 1-0 up v Killie with 35 to play lose, 1-0 up with 26 to play v Hibs lose. I could go on

Baird also demonstrated that Oran doesnt have the old school onside, ala Stubbs.

The club needs a total overhaul

If  we dont then it wont be the Championship it will be League 1.

So sacking the manager is just another short term fix, the undercurrent remains, and i hope the BOD see this..............................

I will go Sat, but I expect to lose, Utd are far better than we are....................   

We are a great club when things tick, we are a dreadful club when things dont. Trouble is as demonstrated 2015-2017 and 1991-98 we are also not a yoyo club. We seem to go to the edge of the abyss then pull back from certain death.

Unfortunatly I dont feel our fall is complete, because if/when we go down, we will have virtually no players or game plan to get us back up.

Oran is showing he is not making any difference and in the results related biz that should be terminal, but he is not alone

Hope to Christ he proves me wrong

5 hours ago, TopCat said:

What’s the case to keep him then? The only argument left is that he needs a pre season with the team? What makes you think that would make a difference, he’s taken a bad situation and made it worse emoji28.png

Long walk ........................................ short pier ............................. splash   :P