Oran Kearney Must Go

faraway saint

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

That's nice, all the hard work done by the previous manager could go down the drain.

Not everybody is so happy about possibly playing in the diddy league, glad you are. :byebye

All that hard work Stubbs put in. Are you on mushrooms? 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Doh, the previous previous manager. :lol:

If you're talking about hard work , what Kearney inherited,  is far worse than what Ross did. If we can somehow escape our current predicament,  OK will deserve any plaudits that may come his way.

4 minutes ago, munoz said:

If you're talking about hard work , what Kearney inherited,  is far worse than what Ross did. If we can somehow escape our current predicament,  OK will deserve any plaudits that may come his way.

Sorry, not buying that.

A good manager would have instilled some sort of system and organisation with the set of players he inherited, it's quite common.

He's shown little, even taking into account our current decent run, to convince me he's a decent manager.

It's nothing personal, unlike the abuse Stubbs got and still gets, I just doubt he's any good. 

If we stay up he'll have had 34 games to do that. 

You could have done just as good.............................:wink:

Let's leave it, fingers crossed we stay up as I think it's very important for the club. 

On 2/28/2019 at 7:47 AM, Wendy Saintss said:
On 2/28/2019 at 7:31 AM, shull said:
Sleeper 07 disputes that as he has been paid for paying professional football and played in Teams who won titles and kept lots of clean sheets..

So did Alan Stubbs, no doubt to a much higher lever than Walter sweeper Mitty!

Yet Walter knew better than Stubbs.

The clueless fool can’t have it both ways.

The Walter Mitty's on here are those who have a variety of alias's or perhaps given the ferocity with which they utilise them, nom de guerre is a better fit, they post some negative contentious or even vaguely slanderous crap about (anyone really, they don't give a damn) and then in their 'other guise' they 'like' it and quite often they respond to their other selves exclusively...........................SAD.  By the way most people know who the real Walters Mitty's are.  :P

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Sorry, not buying that.

A good manager would have instilled some sort of system and organisation with the set of players he inherited, it's quite common.

He's shown little, even taking into account our current decent run, to convince me he's a decent manager.

It's nothing personal, unlike the abuse Stubbs got and still gets, I just doubt he's any good. 

If we stay up he'll have had 34 games to do that. 

You could have done just as good.............................:wink:

Let's leave it, fingers crossed we stay up as I think it's very important for the club. 

It's more than just the manager. We have struggled since last summer to bring in the type and quality of player required to compete and stay in this league.  Notwithstanding Stubbs wasting valuable money on players not good enough, we have struggled to compete financially with the majority of teams with a larger turnover and wage structure than us. Most players will naturally follow the £.  There will always be a learning curve to determine the best tactics allied to our squad quality and weaknesses.  OK has not always got that right and hopefully he has addressed this.  Whatever league we are in I think he deserves a summer to clear out and bring in the players he believes will make us stronger.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Sorry, not buying that.

If you had the slighest sliver of experience of being a manager you wouldn't post such utter shite :lol:

The forum doesn't need another Village Idiot.

Edited by oaksoft

8 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

It's more than just the manager. We have struggled since last summer to bring in the type and quality of player required to compete and stay in this league.  Notwithstanding Stubbs wasting valuable money on players not good enough, we have struggled to compete financially with the majority of teams with a larger turnover and wage structure than us. Most players will naturally follow the £.  There will always be a learning curve to determine the best tactics allied to our squad quality and weaknesses.  OK has not always got that right and hopefully he has addressed this.  Whatever league we are in I think he deserves a summer to clear out and bring in the players he believes will make us stronger.

Indeed, but the financial issue, while real, wasn't seen as a reason when Stubbs was in charge. 

I'll refrain from going back over how I feel Stubbs was treated, this is about the club here and now.

I'm looking at what the current manager has done, and I've seen enough to say, IMO, he's not got enough to make us a success in this league.

Can he cut it if we go down, who knows but the probability is we will be down for quite a few years. 

We're not down yet, it's probably the worst bottom 3 teams for quite some time which gives us a chance. 

I'm still not getting the point he deserves a chance if we go down, 34 games in charge, a very weak top league and he still couldn't save us hardly fills me with confidence. 

9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

If you had the slighest sliver of experience of being a manager you wouldn't post such utter shite :lol:

The forum doesn't need another Village Idiot.

I have considerable experience, and in the real world, something you continue to prove you have not.

You only work with family, that gives you a real insight into managing people and situations :whistle and lets not start on your knowledge of football again. :lol:

Game set and match. :byebye

PS God knows what you edited, obviously not the spelling of "slightest". :hammer

Edited by faraway saint

I really don't get where your low opinion of OK comes from, he inherited a team devoid of confidence, missing players who should have been brought in in the summer to take us from a championship squad to a Premier squad.

He arrived and instead of going in gung ho he assessed what we had and managed to bring in 3 players to steady the ship and let us limp along to January with little or no hope of winning anything but getting us there with a semblance of morale.

In January he along with the backroom team rebuilt the squad from the ground up and we are now seeing the fruits of that with a more solid defence, the best goalie we have had for a while and a midfield that Flynn has now started to shine in. But more than that he actually has options on the bench so that he can make changes during games to try and swing things our way.

Case in point he saw we were struggling on Saturday so he took off the Duck and brought on Jackson, this led to the goal.

We started off afew weeks ago 6 points off 11th and are now 1 with lots of points to play for so to write off a manager based on his games with the crud he inherited from Stubbs is IMHO unfair especially when you look at the squad assembled in the one window he has had.

9 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

I really don't get where your low opinion of OK comes from, he inherited a team devoid of confidence, missing players who should have been brought in in the summer to take us from a championship squad to a Premier squad.

He arrived and instead of going in gung ho he assessed what we had and managed to bring in 3 players to steady the ship and let us limp along to January with little or no hope of winning anything but getting us there with a semblance of morale.

In January he along with the backroom team rebuilt the squad from the ground up and we are now seeing the fruits of that with a more solid defence, the best goalie we have had for a while and a midfield that Flynn has now started to shine in. But more than that he actually has options on the bench so that he can make changes during games to try and swing things our way.

Case in point he saw we were struggling on Saturday so he took off the Duck and brought on Jackson, this led to the goal.

We started off afew weeks ago 6 points off 11th and are now 1 with lots of points to play for so to write off a manager based on his games with the crud he inherited from Stubbs is IMHO unfair especially when you look at the squad assembled in the one window he has had.

Again, I'll refrain from the continual blame game against Stubbs but..............

A more solid defence? :lol:

I'm sorry, how exactly? 

PS Honest question, when were we 6 points off 11th? 

Edited by faraway saint

5 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

I really don't get where your low opinion of OK comes from, he inherited a team devoid of confidence, missing players who should have been brought in in the summer to take us from a championship squad to a PremieB)r squad.

Again, I'll refrain from the continual blame game against Stubbs but..............

I'm sorry, how exactly? 

Can I just say that even if YOU think blue is not blue, it doesn't make it so.  The vast majority of sensible' people (I know that rules you out) on this Forum believe that OK has improved the squad as a whole and in particular the defence, Hladky, Popescu, Muzak are vast improvements on those they replaced and whatever you think is irrelevant because .................... like I said blue is blue is blue.  

I'm sorry, how exactly? 

Continual blame game, yes that's because he brought in a load of players who may turn out to be world beaters but not what was required for the job, he did not improve the squad he regressed it.

How many goals did we concede on Saturday....0 a team that has already slotted 5 past us in our previous 2 encounters , we kept Aberdeen to 2 and hearts to 1 , they are/were 3rd an 4th respectively how can you honestly say that is not an improved defence and team overall?

1 minute ago, cockles1987 said:

A good or any manager can only do as good as the employee's. So if all the systems he implemented didn't work the only other choice is to change the employee's who aren't able to adapt to said systems. That is in my opinion what he's done and the changes are working.

As for the abuse, you must have missed all the personal abuse that has been posted against OK. I can if you would like copy and paste them here but it would be easier just to mention one forum members name but he would possible go on a rant again if his name got mentioned. emoji23.png

Indeed but only a fool would disagree a good manager can improve what he has. :wink:

I'm not asking us to be Manchester City, just enough to escape the bottom two places.

As for the abuse, let's not get into a competition which manager has had the most, I'm running out of room in my pocket and Oaky is claustrophobic. 

3 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

Continual blame game, yes that's because he brought in a load of players who may turn out to be world beaters but not what was required for the job, he did not improve the squad he regressed it.

How many goals did we concede on Saturday....0 a team that has already slotted 5 past us in our previous 2 encounters , we kept Aberdeen to 2 and hearts to 1 , they are/were 3rd an 4th respectively how can you honestly say that is not an improved defence and team overall?

Oh, lets start with Saturday, Livingston have scored 7 goals away from home, yes 7, in 14 matches and you're REALLY using that as improvement? :lol::lol::lol:

They have dropped in form considerably since they played us, you are making a fool of yourself here. 

Aberdeen scored 0 goals against Hamilton. We can all use one game if you want to play that game. 

I happen to agree, and have said so on a few occasions, the Hearts game was possibly our best performance of the season, in all departments. 

People were creaming themselves when we drew with Celtic, I try to look at the bigger picture.

Oh, I do also agree our goalie is a find. Do you think we'll hang onto him, and any other decent players, if we go down? 

1 hour ago, jaybee said:

The Walter Mitty's on here are those who have a variety of alias's or perhaps given the ferocity with which they utilise them, nom de guerre is a better fit, they post some negative contentious or even vaguely slanderous crap about (anyone really, they don't give a damn) and then in their 'other guise' they 'like' it and quite often they respond to their other selves exclusively...........................SAD.  By the way most people know who the real Walters Mitty's are.  :P

Show evidence of what you have posted. 

17 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Oh, lets start with Saturday, Livingston have scored 7 goals away from home, yes 7, in 14 matches and you're REALLY using that as improvement? :lol::lol::lol:

They have dropped in form considerably since they played us, you are making a fool of yourself here. 

In your opinion I may be but in my opinion You are the fool but we are all entitled to our own

18 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aberdeen scored 0 goals against Hamilton. We can all use one game if you want to play that game

I did not use a single game to make a point so please do not try and justify your point by making one up for me. I gave the example of 3 games in a row where we have performed better than pre-January pointing at an improvement in defence, whether this continues we will see next Monday.

I too look at the bigger picture and currently that stands at Draw , draw, win which I am hopeful we can continue.

5 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

In your opinion I may be but in my opinion You are the fool but we are all entitled to our own

I did not use a single game to make a point so please do not try and justify your point by making one up for me. I gave the example of 3 games in a row where we have performed better than pre-January pointing at an improvement in defence, whether this continues we will see next Monday.

I too look at the bigger picture and currently that stands at Draw , draw, win which I am hopeful we can continue.

I used another Aberdeen game to show one of our rivals went up there and didn't concede a goal against the fact you were quite happy we conceded two. :lol:

No, you look at what suits your point of view.....................What happened to the Dundee United game and Motherwell game?  :lol:

I love the irony of you using one game Aberdeen to do exactly what you accused me of doing :lol: (oh look I can use smilies too)

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

No, you look at what suits your point of view.....................What happened to the Dundee United game and Motherwell game?  :lol:

Me suiting my point of view, you really have the Irony stick out today don't you and yet you call me a fool!

Ok lets look at the team in the Motherwell game - Hldaky and Popescu recent recruits , Muzeks first proper game yet a team still getting to understand each other, half the new recruits trying to find their feet with our game and fitness .

If that is me trying to suit my point of view I point to the evidence of Jones who initially struggled to get up to speed and fitness of the Scottish game but eventually improved.

Your point of view is negative and refuses to consider the last 3 games or look at the players who are better than what we had and have allowed Flynn to show that he is a player after all. I would also say that Baird is flourishing with popescu beside him and made some great challenges on Saturday and has been gaining in confidence and consistency this year.

2 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

I love the irony of you using one game Aberdeen to do exactly what you accused me of doing :lol: (oh look I can use smilies too)

Me suiting my point of view, you really have the Irony stick out today don't you and yet you call me a fool!

Ok lets look at the team in the Motherwell game - Hldaky and Popescu recent recruits , Muzeks first proper game yet a team still getting to understand each other, half the new recruits trying to find their feet with our game and fitness .

If that is me trying to suit my point of view I point to the evidence of Jones who initially struggled to get up to speed and fitness of the Scottish game but eventually improved.

Your point of view is negative and refuses to consider the last 3 games or look at the players who are better than what we had and have allowed Flynn to show that he is a player after all. I would also say that Baird is flourishing with popescu beside him and made some great challenges on Saturday and has been gaining in confidence and consistency this year.

Think we'll leave this.

If being realistic is seen as negative then you are indeed a fool. :byebye

My pocket is getting full. :wink:

Think we'll leave this.

If being realistic is seen as negative then you are indeed a fool. :byebye

My pocket is getting full. :wink:

You love throwing insults so yes we will leave it here enjoy living with your emoji's

Your opinion you are being realistic, my opinion negative , for some reason you believe your opinion is worth more, so sad

58 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Ignore him, that's the best way to deal with a "no mark" like him. :snore

Yes, he is a boring nonentity but I would like him to show his workings for the accusations he or she made.